Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criterion Blu-Rays on sale. Working through the 400 Blows. First time I've seen it in a home video setting.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• i must have been drunk as shit, Virginia conjures up some images perhaps.

You may have to cross reference my vocal opinions with my imdb mymovies lists.

Must Watch

Unreleased

Favorites

Vote History

Comment

• Originally posted by PAULINE KAEL View Post
        Criterion Blu-Rays on sale. Working through the 400 Blows. First time I've seen it in a home video setting.
        Love that movie. Still trying to figure out what I should buy before the sale ends. Leaning heavily towards either the Cassavetes box set or Seven Samurai, Ace In The Hole, and maybe something I haven't seen yet.

Watched the Watchmen DC last night. Doesn't hold up quite as well on a second viewing, in my opinion. The Mason scene was a decent addition, as were Rorshach's extra lines on the prison roof during the breakout and the first scene with the Comedian, Laurie, and Sally (both just for the sake of narrative continuity), everything else seemed unnecessary. And goddamn, those Knot Tops in the Mason scene were AWFUL.
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Frost/Nixon

I was sorta watching it while editing. Not too shabby. Love that without any prosthetics at all, Frank Langella WAS Nixon yet Nixon in Watchmen was a cartoon.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Forgetting Sarah Marshall- I really love Mila Kunis in this (deal with it, Hughes!). It also occurred to me that, although I like Russell Brand, I have no desire to see the Aldus Snow movie.

Comment

• Freddy's Dead. haha. Oh man, it's been along time. It's such a fucking cartoon. Really amped me up even more to see Jackie Earle's take on it.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I read that and for some reason thought of Freddy Got Fingered. Which then reminded me of a movie I saw a few weeks ago called Bob the Butler. Tom Green is Bob the Butler. A loser who can't hold a job so he's going through the list alphabetically. In a heartwarming tale he finds he's a good butler for a single mother family with two kids from hell. I think it's because he's on their level. Anyway the kids love him and in the end he gets to screw Brooke Shields (she's the single mom).

Comment

• Trick 'r Treat. I like it. And I shall own it come October. And it shall be opened.
                  The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                    Trick 'r Treat. I like it. And I shall own it come October. And it shall be opened.
                    I've been waiting forever for that to be released. How were you able to see it?

edit:nm, you're @ comic-con duh
                    Last edited by PHEDG; 07-26-2009, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Damn you for getting to see that already. I have to wait for Frightfest or Horrorfest or whatever the hell it is for big-screen antics, even though it comes out on DVD like a week later.

EDIT: Fej, I think it screened at SDCC on Thursday.
                      Last edited by Shit Dickface; 07-26-2009, 03:50 PM. Reason: asdfasdf
                      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Stalag 17. It was the shit and made me get all verklempt. The tone is perfect; it's funny at times and then the ending is pretty bleak and uncompromising. I was a William Holden fan because of Network, but this and Sunset Blvd. have made me a fan of his even more. And Billy Wilder -- truly one of the greats. Most obvious statement ever.

Comment

• First disc of Mad Men season 2. As always, this show is great.
                          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• "The Benefactor" has one of the best moments in the series, but the second half of the series destroys everything.

Comment

• By destroying you mean the status quo within the show or do you mean it wrecks the show?
                              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I mean it is some of the best television in the history of ever and the history of shit being awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X