Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
    I didn't see The Cell. So I wouldn't really know that much. Except that in 1998, Jennifer Lopez was getting movie work.
    Mute it and watch it. There are some great set pieces to stare at.

It is fucking dumb, plotwise.

RE: Sad movie at unsad time question: Not these days. A few years ago, I would have said Royal Tenenbaums would do it. But's that because I hated my dad at the time.

I still choke up a bit at one or two moments, but I don't hate the dude now.
    Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-22-2009, 09:40 PM.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
      As opposed to Earle Haley, because of the way he looks. Really amps the creep factor. Also his crime was different as he was only busted I believe for lewd behavior and exposure. It's not clear if he did anything else.
      He's accused of killing a girl in the book. The ending is way different, and I think better in a way. More profound.

Comment

• I cried at the end of Starman, that was a great ending. Of course, at the time I thought American Beauty was amazing and really related to my life. This was said while my parents were going through divorce.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Just finished watching the 'Burbs.

Will someone out there give Joe Dante a jerb? Dammit.

Just for the evil barbecue dream alone, the movie is classic.

This doesn't even factor in Bruce Dern's slide-tackling of Courtney Gaines.
          Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-23-2009, 09:43 AM.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• indeed. I love me some old school Joe Dante. I think the last thing I saw done by him was that episode of MoH- Homecoming. Still my favorite episode of that series.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• That one was really really good.

I just saw the George Wendt/John Landis one. It was pretty fucked up/goofy.

Definitely had the Neighbors/'Burbs vibe to it.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Watchmen last night, Directors cut. Awesome and the wife thought so too. My wife=so full of win.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                  Will someone out there give Joe Dante a jerb? Dammit.
                  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1085779/
                  "Look, fuck you. Fuck the plane you flew in on. Fuck them shoes. Fuck them socks with the belt on it. Fuck your gay ass fairy faggot accent. Fuck them cheap ass cigars. Fuck your yuckmouth teeth. Fuck your hairpiece. Fuck your chocolate. Fuck Guy Ritchie. Fuck Prince William. Fuck the Queen. This is America. My president is black and my Lambo is blue, nigga. Now get the fuck out my hotel room, and if I see you on the street, nigga, I'm slapping the shit out of you."-- Riley Freeman

Comment

• And while I hate the message boards there, I have to agree with some of the thread titles (and can't fucking wait to see this because of it): "sounds like The Gate".

And it has Slidetackler in it!
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Speaking of Dante, he's got another film festival at The New Beverly next month. No idea as to whether or not Dick Miller will be wheeled out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                        Do you watch movies that you know will make you cry when you're not depressed?
                        I know you guys don't get it. But sometimes I just like to watch a movie that I know is really good, even if it will make me cry. I know many other girls that are like this as well.
                        If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lesley View Post
                          I know you guys don't get it. But sometimes I just like to watch a movie that I know is really good, even if it will make me cry. I know many other girls that are like this as well.
                          I like movies that choke me up a bit, cause an eye to shed a tear or two. Kind of makes you feel alive in a weird way.

Comment

• Yes, they are known as chick flicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fej View Post
                              I like movies that choke me up a bit, cause an eye to shed a tear or two. Kind of makes you feel alive in a weird way.
                              Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                              Yes, they are known as chick flicks.
                              Armageddon is NOT a chick flick. You take that back good sir!
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. The ultimate chick flick for guys was Brian's Song. Maybe it was replaced. I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                                X