Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just watched "The Woodsman" with Kevin Bacon this morning. Creepy character study about a pedo who's trying to reform. Kevin Bacon plays a pedo WAAAAY to convincingly.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• He does he potray pedo compared to say Jackie Earle Haley in Little Children?
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• What the fuck does that even mean, Ed?

Potray is the new eggbox.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
          He does he potray pedo compared to say Jackie Earle Haley in Little Children?
          Kevin's pedo is kind of played as a guy with a disorder which happens to be sexing little girls. I think the film portrays him a bit to positive but I'm sure that's my CPS Investigator bias. He does hit some creepy spots but I think they kind of underscored the wretchedness of his acts to keep him "humanized."
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• As opposed to Earle Haley, because of the way he looks. Really amps the creep factor. Also his crime was different as he was only busted I believe for lewd behavior and exposure. It's not clear if he did anything else.

Comment

As opposed to Earle Haley, because of the way he looks. Really amps the creep factor. Also his crime was different as he was only busted I believe for lewd behavior and exposure. It's not clear if he did anything else.
              Oh Bacon's guy basically paints out what he was into. He even goes into the ages he was digging on. There's a love story part that I'm just not buying as being realistic but it's an interesting movie nonetheless.

Comment

• Trying to watch The Thirteenth Floor. First off, never trust anything Roland Emmerich has touched. Second, this movie is not Dark City. It just sucks. And seeing Vincent D'Nofrio in a blond wig is ridiculous.

Comment

• SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• About which part? The movie or D'Nofrio in a blond wig? He was wearing blond in The Salton Sea and he was good in that.

Comment

• The movie. I dig that movie. Yes it's no Dark City or The Matrix, but there are some cool ideas in it. And I dig the setting.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I get the idea about the ideas. But the dialogue sucks and Bierko looks like the dim bulb brother of Jake Gyllenhall. It's just poorly executed to me. Plus, there's a shot of downtown LA every three seconds. But I do think the people who created the American version of Life of Mars stole the ending from this movie.

Comment

About which part? The movie or D'Nofrio in a blond wig? He was wearing blond in The Salton Sea and he was good in that.
                          *cough* The Cell *cough*

Though to be honest, that had one hell of a production design.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The Cell is only good due to the production design. And the fact i had a music side project named after the disease that Vincent had in that movie.

Comment

• I didn't see The Cell. So I wouldn't really know that much. Except that in 1998, Jennifer Lopez was getting movie work.

Comment

• Beaches. Well I'm not watching it, but the girl is. And she's crying (yes I've already comforted her, I'm not a complete dick) but it got me thinking. Do you watch movies that you know will make you cry when you're not depressed? I mean, when I was single and feeling sorry for myself occasionally I'd watch flicks that would make me all sad, but now not so much. The last movie I can think of that had any sort of effect on me was Man on the Moon. And no matter how many fucking times I see that movie, I still fucking tear up at the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X