Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That movie is fuckin' great. There's another movie called Toy Soldiers and I get sad every time I turn it on and it's not the Astin/Wheaton version

I've been on a big hit-and-miss streak

Southland Tales- I don't care what Rob says, this movie is shit. I didn't think I'd see a movie with less plot than Transformers 2 this year. I was wrong. That said, I think it would have been interesting to see Kelly take this on as an HBO miniseries (and with an editor). It probably could have been something.

Pineapple Express- I think this was way overhyped. McBride was genius but that's about it.

The Final Cut- Best of the three, I think. Robin Williams as a ...I don't know how to describe him. The movie takes place in a world where you can buy a memory implant that records your entire life. Williams is a "cutter", a guy who edits together a movie of your life for purposes of the wake/funeral service. The movie makes the usual statments about choice, living in a surveillance state, loss of liberty, etc. but it's pretty entertaining. Also features Jim Caviezel with a ridiculous fake beard.

Comment

• Southland can be good, just let it be. Lots of beer helps.

Pineapple is the fucking goods if only for Franco. Everyone talks about McBride (who is awesome), but it's Franco that holds that whole movie together.

Still haven't seen Final Cut.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The first three episodes of the first season of Breaking Bad. This show is the goods.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Yes. Yes it is. The 2nd season kicks so much fucking ass.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Bruno. That movie was rather "in your face". Literally. But it was hilarious to see people get so upset that two men were kissing. And the bit with the baby was aces.

I agree that Pineapple Express was overhyped but that also Franco and McBride were great and have still yet to purchase that movie. Although, I don't know if it's really worth buying.

Final Cut was fucking WEIRD. That's all I have to say about that movie.
            The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• While I love the character of Borat more, and no joke got me quite as hard as the running of the jew, Bruno was pretty damn funny. There's some shit he pulled in that movie that should have ended with him dead.

Also, talking penis hole FTW.
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Way to ruin it, Ari.

Comment

• You ruined it more by saying I ruined it. Now people are going to think we've ruined something.

Comment

• Had an interesting weekend...before my credit card expired.

- Little Shop of Horrors, nothing special except for a young Tisha Campbell. Honestly the movie was so so, I think I want to seek out the original Roger Corman version. Rick Moranis was cool so was Steve Martin...but overall just happy to say I saw it.

- The Weather Underground, real interesting documentary about the radical underground "terrorist" group The Weathermen. Worth a watch only available instantly through the 31st of this month though. This group really had the U.S. nervous, they were fucking shit up.

- Analyze That, I got hate for mentioning the first one but I could not not see the sequel. Honestly the shit is ridiculous and it's sad to see one of the greatest actors of our time doing shit like this. But it's a fun movie and overall I like both of them. But Crystal and DeNiro are great together.

- Street Kings, starring Whoa Reeves...cool little LA Cop Crime flick. Forrest Whittaker steals shit like always. Way over the top and barely believable, but still fun. It was playing on HBO not sure if it still is. But it is worth a watch over a 6-pack.

- Ice Age 3...took the kids to see this on Saturday (FOR FREE AT MY JOB). The movie is tolerable if you have kids but if you're over 15 years old you really should have no fucking want to see this movie. Simon Pegg's character is aces, for the record.
                    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Glad you took my recommendation on Little Shop of Horrors.

Comment

• I'm happy someone tagged "Godfather Sucks"...that shit is totally overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiG B View Post
                          I'm happy someone tagged "Godfather Sucks"...that shit is totally overrated.
                          Scarface, that is what the word "overrated" means. The Godfather is legitimately a fucking classic.

Comment

• Godfather sucks? That doesn't make sense. That's like saying Spaced blows. Now Godfather III sucks.
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
                              Scarface, that is what the word "overrated" means. The Godfather is legitimately a fucking classic.
                              Agreed.
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
                                I agree. I appreciate the movie, however the fucking retarded fans that are so insanely in love with that movie kill it for me. It's unfortunate that for most people The Godfather is the pinnacle of fine cinema or a classic. There are so many other movies out there that are great and are classics. The hardcore fans of this film kill it for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X