Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep. not a fan.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Watched (or in this case, rewatched) the director's cut to Kingdom of Heaven. Just an amazingly underrated film that got shredded to mediocrity in the theatre.

The set design, the cinematography, and the general craftsmanship on display is herculean. I still can't believe Scott was able to pull such an epic scope off, but there it is. The fact it didn't sweep the technical Oscars makes me shit mosaics of history nerd rage.

(Oh wait...it was the year the naked golden statue dude shit the bed. The year that Crash won. Nevermind.)

It may not appeal to anyone other than those who are fascinated by the history surrounding that period of time and place, but you can't deny it is an incredibly well made film.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Super long though isn't it?
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Actually, it sort of flew by for me.

And it actually has a soul to it, unlike Blade Runner (which is pretty, but is not prone to elicit any emotional response).
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• SHUT YOUR MOUTH WHORE.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• It hurts me to say it.

(Gives benefit of doubt to Roy, aka the heart of the film.)

But they're NEXUS, man! They ain't got no souls!
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Nah, I'm with you. That movie is devoid of any emotion, and it works.

Comment

• The Running Man. One of my favorite Ahnold movies ever. Still rocks. Plus it has the KOTTO!

Comment

• Running Man rules. Don't forget Mick Fleetwood and Dweezil Zappa too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      The Running Man. One of my favorite Ahnold movies ever. Still rocks. Plus it has the KOTTO!
                      That movie could use a remake. Richard Dawson is tits but Jesse Ventura is wasted.
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                        That movie could use a remake. Richard Dawson is tits but Jesse Ventura is wasted.
                        Blasphemer! If cast right, this would be a good one, what with all the reality TV.

Comment

• We're kinda getting a remake with that GAMER movie. At least in spirit. I'm not sure what a remake could bring to the table though to be honest.

Comment

• It was directed by the original Starsky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                              Blasphemer! If cast right, this would be a good one, what with all the reality TV.
                              There should have been a fight between Arnold and Ventura. That's what it was leading to. Seems like such a cop out to have Ventura bitch and he ends up killing a couple of stand-ins.

And you're right, Gamer basically is the remake of that movie. I hope it turns out good.

Comment

• Saw Step Brothers last night. Hilarious and John C. Reily was the goods.

"It's the Catalina Wine Mixer! People have killed to be in the position I'm in."

"Boats n' Hoes"

Comment

Working...
                                X