Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really wanted to like Silent Hill as I loved the creatures and Pyramid Head, but we didn't get enough of that, plus some real stupid characters and a ridiculous ending just made me hate it.

Still, I'll watch it any day over a Resident Evil flick.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Yeah, there are incredibly well constructed parts, but ultimately they don't save that film from being crushed by the tacked on subplot with 006 and the unneeded exposition bombs going off everywhere.

And Paul Anderson's dialogue in RE1 was better than the shit Avary cooked up in SH. Unfortunately.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Yeah, Avary pretty much fucked this movie up, but it's way more interesting than RE.

It's an interesting failure. While RE is just an annoying failure.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• "Annoying unless you're drunk" failure.

But then Avary goes and does Rules of Attraction. He can make unshitty things once in a while.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I just watched Wall-E for the first time. Damn fine movie, and I laughed when everyone applauded after the Captain started to walk.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• But is it an allegory for rape?
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• No...but Road Warrior is...with an actual rape within the rape subtext.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                  But is it an allegory for rape?
                  I'm not sure. To do that, I would've had to slip myself a roofie while watching the movie.

Comment

• Haha. I forgot I wrote that last night. Funny. I just remember Dev's take on it, an that Wall-E was essentially a rapist.

Comment

• I honestly think that comment was made to stir shit it up. If Wall-E was a rapist, he would've been humping the shit out of EVE while she was deactivated.

Comment

• He wrote a whole article about it.

Comment

• He could have been completely serious. But part of me thinks he's just thinking it's a big fuck around.

Comment

• That's giving him too much credit.

Comment

• Good point.

It's still a far better movie for kids than all the other shit out there. Damn fine work as always Pixar.

Comment

• Indeed. I almost wish they didn't include any of the humans. I love the first half hour.

Comment

Working...
                                X