Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebel Moon 2: The Farming Movie. JFC, I'm a Snyder fan but most of this movie was farm montages and I just didn't give a shit. Somone needed to really take these two movies and made it 2.5 hours tops and it would have still worked. The final battle in the first one was much better than the second one. Also, it was boring. Oh well. Wasn't a waste of money, just time.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Civil War. I dug this far more than I should have if only for some of the amazing shots that Garland got in the film. I understand the criticism leveled against it but at the same time, it doesn't change the fact that the scene with Fat Damon was chilling. Dude is a fucking beast. But I still LOL at their shitty AI movie posters.

Also, I'mma need a map of the US at the point we start the movie for clarity.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• 'Blair Witch Project' Cast Hasn't Seen Financial Success From Franchise (variety.com)

That's crazy, I knew they got fucked over but not that bad.

Comment

• Kong X Godzilla = Dan Stevens is the best part

After Godzilla Minus One, I need no more giant monster punch other giant monster punch both monsters movies. I'll keep Skull Island and that flick and I'm good. But man, Dan Stevens was having a blast.

Comment

• I'll never let this place die. Even if it's just me replying to myself.

First movie back in the theaters for me since Rise of Skywalker....Wasn't Ghostbusters, any Marvel movie, Avatar 2, Furiousa, etc.........TWISTERS (thanks babe, happy anniversary...) lol. Her favorite movie finally got a sequel and it's weird. If you thought it was gonna be like the new Ghostbusters or Star Wars flicks with older characters passing the torch
              Spoiler: minor spoilers 
            No legacy characters, but things from the first movie are shown and mentioned.
            They basically redid the whole first movie in the first 10 mins but FUCKING TURNED TO 11.

I applaud them Beside that my only gripe is that there are no Goo Goo Dolls songs in the movie. It's all COUNTRY MUSIC and LOTS OF YEEEEEHAAAWWWS. But it was actually decent. RIP Bill Paxton and Philip Seymour Hoffman. Recommended rental if you liked the first one and want some crazy fucking action scenes. They just keep upping the game every scene.

Comment

• Haven't seen shit in a long while so it's been radio silent.

Saw Twisters as well the other week. The strangeness of seeing story specific props in the opening and it never being explained as to why or how it was in the place it was--just weird choices there. It really is a cover song of the original, but with hilariously bizarre "adventure" muzak playing in the background in between scenes of Glen Powell clenching his jaw to convey pathos.

Also saw Longlegs.

And Cuckoo.

And Abigail.

All in the span of 72 hours.

Longlegs: messy mix of other films, sloppily written, and yet it was still entertaining. Nicholas Cage distracted more than enhanced. His prosthetics made him look like the lovechild of Tiny Tim and Amanda Bynes. Still, it was interesting to see Alicia Witt play the role she has here as well as seeing Blair Underwood again.

Cuckoo: a German's interpretation of early Cronenberg without understanding the subtext of those films. Lots of things lost in translation and without a very interesting central conceit. You'll find catharsis as an audience member when Hunter Schafer pulls Chekov's butterfly knife and does the needful. Very milquetoast. Haven't seen Luz, but based on this, I don't know if I will for a while.

Abigail: enjoyable framework to reseat and reset the genre trappings of a vampire story. Dan Stevens and Kevin Durand were the highlights. The third act is where it loses steam and contradicts its own established characterization for the sake of finality. It really grasps for a resolution that ends up clunkier than it could have been. Nevertheless, it was mostly an enjoyable moobie.

Off to Romulus today because fuck it. Haven't seen or heard shit about it, don't intend to as I've got a streak of ignorance going that's been nice to reclaim from the internet. Let's see what Fede has on hand. Couldn't be worse than *insert least liked Alien film here*
              Last edited by Captain Russ; 08-16-2024, 11:17 AM.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Planning on seeing Romulus as well, though it'll probably be Sunday. My last free Sunday for awhile since next Sunday is prep day for my coloscopy on the 26th, then football photo season at work starts Tuesday, running into October. Sucks, but the overtime pay is worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                  Off to Romulus today because fuck it. Haven't seen or heard shit about it, don't intend to as I've got a streak of ignorance going that's been nice to reclaim from the internet. Let's see what Fede has on hand. Couldn't be worse than *insert least liked Alien film here*
                  I've been trying this over the last few months and it's been great. I'll watch a trailer (usually first 30 and if I'm in, turn it off) or else try to ignore everything until I can see it. Still haven't seen the new Deadpool flick and beside being spoiled to what I hope is not the only thing that would have made me go "FUCK YEAH LOL!" out loud
                    Spoiler: I mean, if you've seen the movie, then I hope this is just one of many things for manchildren like me 
                  TATUM SHOWS UP AS GAMBIT?! EVEN FOR A SECOND THAT IS AMAZING I LOVE GAMBIT AND FRIDAY LIGHTS MAN RUINED HIM IN A MOVIE THAT WAS BALLS TO BEGIN WITH BUT GAMMMMBITTTTTT IS THE BEST AND IF YOU WATCHED THE X-MEN 94 SERIES THEN OH MAN GAMMMMBITTTTTT
                  had it not popped up in a "watch these youtube shorts" with said thing in the thumbnail it's worked out for the most part. Being surprised is fun again.

Comment

• Plus it helps that I no longer can keep up with anything anymore due to personal life. The Internet is a luxury during the week thanks to work.

Comment

• Sometimes (most times) FOMO is ass.

But even so, I think you'll enjoy Deadpool/Wolverine.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• My therapist has now seen it 3 times in the theater. I asked her if what I was spoiled on above was just something quick or if maybe a bit more and she straight up did the accent and I found out her husband also loves the character. Then proceeded to text me later last night telling me she was going to see it again just because I brought it back up.

Looking forward to it.

Fall Guy - Extended Cut: Really fucking dug it. Ryan Gosling still shows he can be badass and hilarious. Dude is just effortlessly funny.

Comment

Working...
                        X