Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid movie choices there. Would love to see a high def Akira print. Went through the box set last year of the manga and I forgot just how fully realized it was and how deftly Otomo handled the story. While the film was half of the story in broad strokes, that fluidity and quality of animation is still an astounding achievement.

Been jutting back and forth between New Bev podcasts (PCP and the Video Archives) and their recommendations that are a bit off the beaten path and landed on an American giallo-infused thriller that has one of the most tonally schizophrenic end scenes that one would be better off leaving on a scene or two before it occurs. What's there is a decent masked (helmeted) killer film that has a mean yet somewhat grounded undercurrent to the writing/kill scenes that reminded me of My Bloody Valentine. It has a would-be French Connection chase sequence for its climax that for the budget was pretty impressive. Not a bad night in if you're looking for something with some miles on it.

Now I need to find a copy of Night of the Juggler.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I read that as "Night of the Juggalo" no less than 3 times. I need to check that out.

Finished the Apes Trilogy and realized I didn't remember a goddamn thing about War except that Woody was pulling a budget Brando but the twist of why was great, totally forgotten about, and capped off the trilogy perfectly.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I should rewatch those as well. Haven’t seen them since they were all in theater, I think.
        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          I read that as "Night of the Juggalo" no less than 3 times. I need to check that out.
          If only they made a Faygofied version of that movie.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Rise of the Beasts. The 4th time they've rebooted Transformers at this point? I dunno. The 90s hip hop soundtrack was decent, the brutality in a cartoon robot movie was unexpected but it didn't have the charm of Bumblebee and only a fraction of the stupid of the last 4 Bay flicks. If you still even care about these and you can watch it streaming on a Sunday afternoon it's not the worst thing you could waste your time on.

I was too old when the OG Beast Wars came out and always thought that was fucking dumb, it's still pretty dumb here but Ron Pearlman as a giant robot gorilla is not too shabby.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

but Ron Pearlman as a giant robot gorilla is not too shabby.
              Well, guess I will put this on in the background one day.

Comment

• I still think TF1/Bumblebee are the most enjoyable of all of them, I couldn't tell you the plot of Rise even though I watched it less than a week ago but like all of the other ones it's about a missing key, Optimus is racist until he's not, a character knows everything about anything when needed even though it makes zero sense, exposition exposition, insane cg fight scenes, giant robot gorilla, space laser, Mortal Kombat fatalities.

6 out of 9 Orson Well commercial takes.

Comment

• The Beanie Bubble. Zach Galifianakis, Elizabeth Banks, and the lady from Succession (don't know her name, never watched the show) showing the rise and fall of the TY company. Wasn't bad and as someone who still finds that whole time fascinating the documentary was a bit more interesting overall. Not terrible, but 20 mins too long.

Comment

• The Cursed

We started a horror movie club at work, someone picked this. A waste of Boyd Holbrook, gypsies, and werewolves. Did have one SICK practical puppet that was gnarly as fuck though.

Comment

The Beanie Bubble. Zach Galifianakis, Elizabeth Banks, and the lady from Succession (don't know her name, never watched the show) showing the rise and fall of the TY company. Wasn't bad and as someone who still finds that whole time fascinating the documentary was a bit more interesting overall. Not terrible, but 20 mins too long.
                      We wanna watch this. The divorce photo of people on the floor in court dividing beanie babies is still so funny.

Comment

• Watched the Dark Side of the 90s episode about TY and the Beanie Babies awhile back, so I should check this film out. Full disclosure: I had a Beanie Baby shark, Jen had a couple, and we bought a cat one that looked EXACTLY like our cat Stitch (RIP). He used to give it a nose kiss when we put it in front of him, and we'd go "awwww..."

Currently on my annual Summer stay-cation, so I rewatched Cabin In The Woods (still holds up), Black Mass (loves me some true crime drama), Spectre (fuck it, haters, I still like this Bond film) and have Evil Dead Rise on the DVR.

Also watched Fall, which was meh. I'll grant the dizzying heights on display made my acrophobia kick in slightly (hasn't done that since the final act of Peter Jackson's King Kong, or when that guy jumped from a balloon that hit the upper atmosphere before space begins), but the main gist of the story plays a hell of a lot like The Descent, 'cept without the underground cannibal albino monster thingys, and a couple of other gal pals. Only thing it had going for it was Virginia Gardner's gams.

Comment

• Watched the third Guardians movie today and, while not without its flaws, overall I really enjoyed it. It got me in the feels more than once and I felt like it was a good “final act”. Am I still mostly burned out on Marvel? Yes. But would I watch this one at least a couple more times? Probably. Definitely liked this Marvel offering better than the newest Thor.
                          Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• At least they acknowledged how shitty Starlord's writing was during Endgame. Surprisingly gory for a Marvel film. Better than the second one for sure.

Comment

• Wall-E in 4k Criterion version. Fucking amazing looking and filled with lots of cool extras.

Pope's Exorcist - Russell Crowe as the Chief Exorcist Officer of the Vatican does exorcism shit with a fantastic Italian accent. Fun and goofy.

Comment

• I've heard good things on THE POPE'S EXORCIST. That's supposed to hit Netflix soon.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X