Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah you can't have your lead already a multi-millionaire like he was in real life when he discovered Tetris.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Scream 6. Free on Paramount +, the only way I can recommend it. I mean, the series peaked with part 2 but the Ready or Not dudes did a decent job with this one. Surprisingly brutal but also not at the same time. I hope this is the last one but it's probably not. Worth a watch for free if you've at least watched part 5 but as a fan of all of them it's not terrible and ties into them pretty well. Dermot Mulroney has one line reading that almost made me spit out my water. SCENERY CHEWING BADLY.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Took the older kiddo to watch Jedi in the theater. I enjoyed myself. She was antsy, as nine year olds can be. She’s seen it many times at home, but having to sit still in a theater was too much. Oh well, next time I’ll go by myself.
        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Saw JEDI here too. Full theater, lots of families, very cool.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I have no inclination to ever need to see those movies in the theater again. Saw all the special editions, prequels, sequels in the theater and unless there is something crazy added OR it's the original cuts I'm all good.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              Scream 6. Free on Paramount +, the only way I can recommend it. I mean, the series peaked with part 2 but the Ready or Not dudes did a decent job with this one. Surprisingly brutal but also not at the same time. I hope this is the last one but it's probably not. Worth a watch for free if you've at least watched part 5 but as a fan of all of them it's not terrible and ties into them pretty well. Dermot Mulroney has one line reading that almost made me spit out my water. SCENERY CHEWING BADLY.
              Same exact feelings.

Comment

• TICKET TO PARADISE (2022) with George Clooney and Julia Roberts. This is currently streaming on Amazon Prime.

Premise: Clooney and Roberts are a divorced couple who bicker savagely whenever they're together. They have a daughter, Lily, who has just graduated college. As a post graduation trip, she goes with her best friend to Bali. While there, Lily meets a guy and falls in love. She notifies her parents that she's going to marry this guy and move to Bali permanently, giving up her the law degree that she just earned. Clooney and Roberts agree to grudgingly team up and fly out to Bali to stop her.

If you're thinking 'I bet I can predict the entire plot of the film off of that premise', you're correct. It's strictly formula with no shocking plot curveballs. That said, it's a very well executed formula carried by sheer star power. The script itself isn't bad to begin with and both Clooney and Roberts find ways to make everything sing with some obvious ad-libbing going on to find things that aren't necessarily on the page. Indeed, the end credits of the film features a lot of outtakes showing how some scenes played differently. The supporting performers are all better than average and all it just works.

Additionally, the location footage on Bali is fantastic. The film is littered with many great shots that show off the island beautifully to the point that, when it ended, the wife and I actually took a look at just how much a trip to Bali would cost (result: it ain't happenin').

We enjoyed it.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Dungeons and Dragons. Best. Dragon. Ever. Loved it. Exactly how I want my fantasy: light, fun, and characters I dig. Hugh Grant was smarmy as fuck, Pine was great as usual, Rodriguez's character (and her backstory) was hilarious. The girl from IT was okay but wasn't given too much but did well with what she had. The stuff with Justice Smith was a nice angle. Loved the shoutout to the old cartoon and I would love more stories in this world like this. Fantasy that doesn't take itself serious BUT doesn't treat it like a cartoon is my jam. More Pine in everything.

Comment

• D&D is fun. Reminded me a lot of the first GOTG film in terms of tone and humor level.

Comment

• Right???

And beside Pine not casting any spell as a bard, it’s pretty damn accurate, lore-wise.

So good and entertaining. What a fucking shame they likely never do another.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• They might. It didn't do terrible and I bet it'll find legs on digital and what not.

Comment

• It won't be profitable theatrically but it's holding on nicely. You can stream it at home now too and I think it's doing well.

Comment

• Evil Dead Rise. Ehhhhhhh. I don't get the extreme love or hate this got. It was serviceable. Like Ceej said, it felt like it belonged in the Conjuring universe and I don't disagree but I did dig the gags and I actually liked the characters.

I just wish it was a continuation with Jane Levy. Not the worst entry, not the best. Just was.

Comment

• Watched Thief again. Now I want to spend a couple weekends watching through most of Michael Mann's movies again. If I really sat down and made a list of favorite directors I don't see how he isn't in my top 5.

Comment

• Super Mario Bros. It was what it was always going to be, beautiful but empty. I mean, not much you can really do with one of these without going way off book. That being said, can Hollywood just admit that Chris Pratt sucks unless he's Starlord or Andy from Parks and Rec? There was NO reason he had to be Mario except for the billing of his name, but like no one really gives a shit about him except whomever is pushing him so hard to be in all of the things. Charlie Day was great as Luigi but this entire movie was just my adhd riddled brain pointing out every single fucking easter egg because there is no story. Mario has a back seat in his own movie until like the last 5 mins. This is totally Peach's flick which I'm totally fine with.

Comment

Working...
                                X