Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really liked Creed 3.

Honestly, it addressed a lot of what was at the core of Rocky III and made it work. I get the Jonathan Majors fandom, but this was the first movie he's been in that made me go...this guy is winning an Oscar someday.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Shit. I guess I may have to sneak into a theater to see it.

Comment

• I'll check Creed 3 once it hits digital and the only reason I want to is for Majors. I don't necessarily think Creed needs a third movie but I also didn't think Rocky needed 5 extra movies either so....
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Amsterdam. Didn't realize it was based on a true story. Didn't know people shit on it. All I know is that I fucking LOVED it, Christian Bale was fantastic as were all of the main/supporting characters. Super goddamn interesting and funny too.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Finally got around to Glass Onion. It was fun, I enjoyed it quite a bit. I think I liked it more than the first one, though I can’t quite put my finger on why. Janelle Monae was perfect. Can someone please explain what the fuck is with Dave Bautista’s skull? Is it a bulking up/Roid thing? Is it a genetic thing? I’m honestly curious.
            Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• If you're talking about Bautista's skin wrinkles, they could be hold overs from his days as a wrestler. There used to be this thing called "blading" where a wrestler would discreetly cut his forehead during a match to make a fight look more extreme and bloody. Scalp wounds bleed a lot, but heal quickly, but because of the dangers that could happen (and to keep their PG-13 rating), the WWE outlawed it years ago.

Last time I saw it in practice, and taken to a ridiculous extreme, was a recent AEW match where Ruby Soho (my current favorite) got her head stuck in a trash can during a match, and came out of it looking like she was in a horror movie. Hoping it was stage blood or something, 'cause the amount that was on display would've required a couple of transfusions after the match to keep her levels up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
                Finally got around to Glass Onion. It was fun, I enjoyed it quite a bit. I think I liked it more than the first one, though I can’t quite put my finger on why. Janelle Monae was perfect. Can someone please explain what the fuck is with Dave Bautista’s skull? Is it a bulking up/Roid thing? Is it a genetic thing? I’m honestly curious.
                You should check out Knock at the Cabin on apple Ingrid. He's really good in that. Head wrinkles and all.

I totally thought Glass Onion was more fun than the first one. Monae was indeed awesome but I loved Norton's ridiculousness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                  IThere used to be this thing called "blading" where a wrestler would discreetly cut his forehead during a match to make a fight look more extreme and bloody. .
                  Blading is alive and well Tim. Jon Moxley bleeds like a stuck pig damn never every single week. There's videos out there breaking down how much he blades.

Comment

• Oh, I know Moxley blades, but to run with what you said, he's kind of boring with the bleeding at the moment. I was more blown away by the Street Fight back in January, and how bloody Soho got.

WWE doesn't do it anymore, but AEW embraces it's ECW past, what with the ultra-violence and blading and bleeding and stuff. Used to watch a LOT of those matches back in the day.

Back to Bautista, I never noticed his head wrinkles when he was playing Rabban in Dune. Probably due to the makeup he was wearing, or I was too wrapped up in the film to even notice. When I watch Glass Onion, I will mentally high five Ingrid every time I see Bautista's cranium.

Comment

• Mox killed what blading means. It's not effective when you're crimson masked every damn week. Dusty Rhodes got the all time great blading forehead.

Comment

• Dusty could give lessons on how to bleed, yo. Dude's forehead looked like a map of where 195 and 295 meet in my neck of the woods.

Comment

• Finally watched the 4k version of True Romance I got for Christmas this year. Hadn't seen it in years. I strongly tie this movie to my early 20s before I met Lesley. I dated who I thought was going to be my Alabama (as if I was ever cool as Clarence) and it was the most stressful and at times scary in my life. Hadn't really watched it since then.

Goddamn, this movie still completely fucking owns. Wasn't planning on finishing it (it was like 1 am when I started it) but was completely enthralled and stayed up watching the awesomeness that is this movie.

Comment

• True Romance is one of my favorite movies of all time. Been trying to get Sarah to watch it since we met.

My social battery is racking up a debt because I had like 30 hours of meetings last week, and about the same this week. So this weekend I watched a bunch of movies.

Haunt (Hulu) - Half decent slasher about an "extreme" haunted house that's run by cultists of some kind. It has every horror trope that exists. Some good kills, and a few legitimately scary things if you take it to be something you saw while in a haunted house. Not highly recommended, but if you're looking for a slasher to fill out a Halloween list you can do worse.

Crash - Cronenberg's Crash. Sarah's been wanting to see this and I don't think I've seen it since like 2001. An incredibly fucked up movie. Maybe Cronenberg's weirdest most fucked up movie? It's pretty great though. Elias Koteas' as the creep staging famous wrecks is an incredible performance. Worth watching it for him alone.

I watched like 3 other movies...but I do not even remember what I watched. That's how fucking fried I am right now.

Comment

• I asked Sarah and she told me what we watched!

Bullet Train - I liked this. Lot of fun. Lemon and Tangerine rule. Pitt is still charming as fuck even if he's a wild alcoholic asshole.

Knock At The Cabin - I had no idea what this was. Went in totally blind. I suggest everyone do the same. The ending is heavy handed as fuck, like we did not explicitly need it spelled out like that. Bautista is amazing though. Probably his best performance so far.
                              Last edited by BillyG; 03-20-2023, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Knock was decent. Bautista is indeed great in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X