Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, we watched THE MENU last night. We had a ton of fun with it. I'm so glad I deliberately went into it unspoiled because WOW.
    Great fun. Boy did I want a cheeseburger when it ended, though.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• We 100% got burgers after we watched it.

Comment

• Deadstream

Hell yeah. This was so much fun. A really silly horror movie that has zero issues saying "hey we grew up on Evil Dead 2, don't you like Evil Dead 2?" The rubber suits were amazing. They nailed the livestream "culture" especially the "apology" video thumbnail. I cannot believe how fun this was.

Pale Blue Eye

This is the Christian Bale Netflix detective movie where Edgar Allen Poe is a West Point cadet that helps him solve a series of murders. We were really having a good time with this, until we thought it was over and realized there was 30 minutes left. The last bit of it really takes a shit on what came before it with ONE MORE TWIST that was pretty trash and cliche compared to what came before it. It also became weirdly misogynist in that last bit as well. If someone recut this to kill the last chunk it would be a really high recommendation.

Comment

• The Menu and The Hunt would be a fun double feature. Both have the same mean streak running through them. Dug the Menu a bunch. Like Matt, glad I went in only seeing the original trailer.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Rewatched A.I for the first time since seeing it theatrically.
            Good, not great. There's something about it that is lacking that I can't put my finger on.
            I forgot how good Jude Law was in this.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• The fact that Ministry is in a Steven Spielberg film will always be awesome. Teddy is still a fucking AMAZING work of puppetry and cgi. It's just a stitch too sanitized but I will always love the chase scene through the woods. And you're not wrong, Jude Law is fantastic in it.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Ang Lee's Hulk in 4k. Haven't seen this in fucking AGES and I still really dig it. Editing alone is great, but Nolte is fantastic, and the hulk dogs are still hilariously great.

Josh Lucas is still one of my favorite smarmy badguys in the Marvel universe.

Comment

• Green Knight

Don't know why, it just hit me at like 11am this morning, "Hey, Green Knight rules, watch it again." So I did! Still rules! The silent montage of time passing at the end is a pretty incredible short story completely removed from the rest of the film. Dev Patel, join John Wick.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Pretty good but holy cow is Tom Hanks miscast. Everything except for him was first rate but dammit, there's just something about his performance that is totally off.

Comment

• Banshees of Inisherin

What a fucking movie. It reflected a ton of complicated feelings that I think most people experience, probably multiple times in their lives. It's definitely a sad film, I mean it's fucking Irish, but it is also hilarious. I laughed pretty well the entire way through, but when it wants to hit you with the despair, it really fucking hits you. I will probably come back to this movie pretty regularly for the rest of my life.

Comment

• Tenet

I’m a Nolan fan. Huge. I was apprehensive of it since the reviews, and that I couldn’t go to theaters.

Well. It is flawed. But holy fucking shit is it ambitious. Even bad Nolan is good, and this is not even bad. Convoluted, but when you get to the end, it fucking made SENSE. If you understand T-symmetry, and fuck me it took me a while to remember parts of it. This is gonna be worth a few rewatch, but Pattinson was fucking rock solid. Especially when I remember how odd he seemed at the beginning.

BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Hated Tenet. So much. So very much. I am dumb and fine with that. Also, this movie's audio mix is terribad.

Comment

• I only saw TENET once (theatrically) and really disliked it. I should give it another go.

Comment

• We were actually talking about Tenet Saturday because it popped up on HBO. It's really nice to look at, but if you think about it for 30 seconds it's miserable. I did appreciate the "where's my hot sauce" scene in the kitchen.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                Banshees of Inisherin

What a fucking movie. It reflected a ton of complicated feelings that I think most people experience, probably multiple times in their lives. It's definitely a sad film, I mean it's fucking Irish, but it is also hilarious. I laughed pretty well the entire way through, but when it wants to hit you with the despair, it really fucking hits you. I will probably come back to this movie pretty regularly for the rest of my life.
                                It's going to get 7-10 Oscar noms tomorrow, but fuck if it won't be one of those movies that gets revisited for years and decades to come. I'd go so far as to call it one of the movies that defines the year.
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X