Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I'm more and more in the 'TOMORROW NEVER DIES is the best Brosnan Bond film' camp. I still like GOLDENEYE but I don't love it.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I recently rewatched a few Bond films from the Connery era (Goldfinger, Thunderball, and You Only Live Twice), they still hold up, though it's screamingly obvious they're products of their time.

Connery's probably my favorite Bond for a number of reasons, but every actor that's played the character has always brought something to the role that I enjoy. Brosnan's the most suave Bond and the most good looking. Dalton and Craig are the best Modern Action Hero Bonds (with Kung-Fu Grip!), and Moore's the one I grew up with as a kid (Connery's first four roles happened before I was a concept yet - I made my debut the same year You Only Live Twice premiered).

I loved Lazenby's take in On Her Majesty's Secret Service and wish he had another shot at the character, especially after how that film ended. That's on my rewatch pile, as is Spectre. I liked that film, but apparently I'm in the minority.

Comment

• The further I get from Glass Onion, the more I hate it. I just want to watch Knives Out again tonight.

Comment

• Worth. It’s been in my Netflix cue for a loooong time and I finally decided to put it on while I was folding laundry.

Heavy, very heavy. But FUCK, Keaton is an amazing actor. Highly recommend.
          Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            Yeah, I'm more and more in the 'TOMORROW NEVER DIES is the best Brosnan Bond film' camp. I still like GOLDENEYE but I don't love it.
            Tomorrow is pretty great. Jonathan Pryce is fun as the bad guy.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Rewatched BRIDGE OF SPIES tonight.
              You know what's a really good movie?
              BRIDGE OF SPIES.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Long Kiss Goodnight

Wanted to see this since I was 15, somehow never did despite loving Shane Black. Had it on my Christmas movie list for years, but this year Sarah barely wanted to watching anything Christmas related. So last night I put it on, and fuck me. It's amazing. The action is legit, it's funny as hell, Samuel L Jackson is having the most fun I think he's ever had. I saw David Morse's name and was like hell yeah, can't wait for him to turncoat on someone, and then he did! I saw Brian Cox and thought I can't wait for him to be some kind of spy master, and he was! This movie just knows exactly what to do every step of the way.

Comment

• I fucking love Long Kiss. Saw it back in high school when a friend forced it on me and god damn I’m glad she did. I still sprinkle some of the one-liners in conversation from time to time.

Incidentally, that friend started modeling her hair/make up after Charlie at that point and hasn’t looked back.
                  Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• LONG KISS GOODNIGHT is a pretty fun one.

We watched EMILY THE CRIMINAL last night (Netflix). Really solid film, much more intense than I figured it was going to be.

Comment

• I fucking love Long Kiss. Saw it back in high school when a friend forced it on me and damn I’m glad she did. I still sprinkle some of the one-liners in conversation from time to time.

Incidentally, that friend started modeling her hair/make up after Charlie at that point and hasn’t looked back.

Comment

• We continued our New Year's Eve "bad movies of the year tradition."

Morbius - Abysmal. Stupid. Barely fun. Thank fuck for Matt Smith recognizing what a turd this movie was, and having a ton of fun. When he isn't on screen it's just a boring slog that makes no fucking sense and has TERRIBLE bullet time. I swear the director hasn't seen a new movie since 1999 because he thinks The Matrix bullet time is the pinnacle of cool action.

Elvis - A kinetic fever dream that probably gave a few people seizures with the crazy swooping CGI transitions. Butler's Elvis is fucking HILARIOUS. When he was trying to look all serious about MLK being assassinated and said "DOCTAH KAAAANG" I lost my shit. The way the movie uses famous deaths to delineate time, despite them not really mattering, was such a weird and kind of tacky choice. Tom Hanks' horrible Dutch accent was just fucking Goldmember. And the ending? What killed Elvis? Was it pills, or being obese and depressed? No. It was love. Love killed Elvis. What a fucking turd. The people saying this movie is great and Butler needs an Oscar are being held captive in Graceland with a shotgun in their mouth.

Comment

• ELVIS is on our radar to finally watch this week.

Comment

• Matt, if you don't get up and pour a stiff fucking drink when the Dojacat kicks in, then I just don't know what to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              We continued our New Year's Eve "bad movies of the year tradition."

Morbius - Abysmal. Stupid. Barely fun. Thank fuck for Matt Smith recognizing what a turd this movie was, and having a ton of fun. When he isn't on screen it's just a boring slog that makes no fucking sense and has TERRIBLE bullet time. I swear the director hasn't seen a new movie since 1999 because he thinks The Matrix bullet time is the pinnacle of cool action.
                              This movie is fantastic stupid shit. You didn't even realize that Tyrese had a cyborg arm. I would KILL to see the editing files on this movie.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The Menu hit HBO today. Watch it immediately. One of my favorite movies last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X