Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    aww man, I fucking love that cheesy ass movie. Everything works for me. It's nowhere near the best Robin Hood movie, as my idea for one has yet to hit the screen, but I love it. The issue for me is that Men in Tights out Robin'd that movie.
    I still love Men in Tights. It’s silly and over the top, but damn do I love it.
    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• I need to revisit MEN IN TIGHTS. I saw it theatrically in a sneak preview and remember it being dull with a lot of extremely funny runs in it, so hit or miss. I don't think I've seen it since that theatrical viewing out of fear that it won't live up to my memory.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I love it soooo much but it's also because it came out when I also loved Prince of Thieves. Cary Elwes is fantastic, Tracy Ullman is great, and lol to Dave Chapelle.

My pick for #25 Halloween movie last night was of course The Monster Squad. Goddammit, I love this movie so much. Still pretty much all of my favorite versions of the Universal Monster designs in this. I know a good chunk is nostalgia but still, for a "kids" movie, this is still a bunch of fun.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• #26 Halloween flick was Lesley's pick - IT chapter 1.

It's such a shame that part 2 shit the bed so badly. This still mostly works even if Andy leans too much into the "PENNYWISE SHAKES HEAD FAST AND RUNS AT CAMERA" trick. Forgot how much I really dig the kids and that opening is still fucking fantastic.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I still need to see Part 2 of that. I know it's not up to Part 1 but I want to see it.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I barely made it through the first time. It felt like such a slog. Haven't tried to watch it since.

Comment

• There are some effective scenes though. The stuff at the carnival with the couple works really well and under the bleachers but then for whatever reason it's all CGI JUMP SCARE time for the rest of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  I still need to see Part 2 of that. I know it's not up to Part 1 but I want to see it.
                  We've joked about watching it, then we see it's THREE HOURS LONG and decide we don't want to spend that time on a joke.

Comment

• yeah, that's the other problem. TOO LONG.

Comment

• Took my brother to Dawn of the Dead in 3D last night. We walked up at 6:30 and the cinema as a whole was a ghost town.

His first time seeing it. My God-only-knows time (It's one of my top three all-time favorites).

All that blood, gore and bright colors really popped off the screen. Will never understand what was running through Richard Rubenstein's head to think post-coverting Dawn to 3D was a financially sound idea. But it was an absolute blast that you should check out this weekend.
                      Originally posted by Ari
                      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Demon Knight

I don't think I've seen this all the way through before, and if I did it was like the week it hit VHS. The opening 15 minutes is just "here's another 90's character actor you love" and then Thomas Haden Church gets his nipples clamped to a car battery while fucking to Cemetery Gates by Pantera. What a fucking movie. It fucking blows that HBO Discovery will never give a shit to sort out the rights and get Tales from the Crypt on HBO Max. I need to give in and just download the whole series.

Comment

• BUBBA HO-TEP
                          First time viewing. This was a damned hoot.

Comment

• You fuckers are on a ROLL
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              BUBBA HO-TEP
                              First time viewing. This was a damned hoot.
                              It's a movie that really is summed up by "it's just a good damn time."

Comment

• The Thing

Still perfect. First time Sarah saw it. It was so much fun watching her scream and squirm on the couch for every practical effect.

Comment

Working...
                                X