Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in the meantime, I started watching ROBIN HOOD: PRINCE OF THIEVES last night (extended version). I haven't watched the film in probably 30 years.

It's...not good. Indeed, it's borderline awful. The performances are all over the place and even the great Alan Rickman is terrible, delivering an over-the-top ham fest that is cringeworthy to watch. The only performance in the entire film that feels right is Michael Wincott as Guy of Gisborne. I'm going to finish it but boy is it going to be a test.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• aww man, I fucking love that cheesy ass movie. Everything works for me. It's nowhere near the best Robin Hood movie, as my idea for one has yet to hit the screen, but I love it. The issue for me is that Men in Tights out Robin'd that movie.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Sarah had never seen it so a few years ago we watched it. Wincott rules, but I will disagree about Rickman. I think he knew exactly what type of schlock he was in and played up to it. Everyone else being poe faced and serious makes him look insane, when he actually knew what was being made.

Comment

• Finally watched In The Mouth Of Madness.

Loved it. Just awesome, and had no issues with it except the miserable fuck that played Viggo The Carpathian being in it. Sam Neill is having such a good time in this, and Jurgen Prochnow is always a sign of a good time. I remember the line reading of "DO YOU READ SUTTER CANE" being stuck in my mind from local network showings of this in the 90s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Hell yes. Probably my favorite Lovecraft inspired work.

Comment

• JOHNNY BOY
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• This movie fucked me for an afternoon when I rented it back when it first came out. I vividly remember riding my bike through the woods to my buddy's house and being incredibly anxious that the entire world was completely fake. I love this movie.

Comment

• I didn't care for it the first time I saw it but boy did it grow in my estimation with the second and subsequent viewings.

Comment

• Attaboy Billyboy!

It’s still top tier Carpenter, and the best Lovecraftian movie made so far.

I agree Rohin Hood aged poorly, but Rickman is actually fun as fuck to watch go full DnD Jay Iron mode chewing.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• The Monster Squad was my pick for tonight's movie. 25 outta 31 done. I've had more fun watching 20 new movies than the ones we picked for our favs.

Comment

• So yeah, we watched BARBARIAN.
                          it was definitely a movie. Yep.

Comment

• I was disappointed by this movie not having any actual barbarian.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              The Monster Squad was my pick for tonight's movie. 25 outta 31 done. I've had more fun watching 20 new movies than the ones we picked for our favs.
                              I've been trying to get Sarah to watch this since we got together. I don't think I've seen it since I was 10?

And Martin, yes there are! The house is on Barbary street! They're Barbarians!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                So yeah, we watched BARBARIAN.
                                it was definitely a movie. Yep.
                                The way I felt was it's like if Malignant was good. Similar tone, but Barbarian landed for me where I despised Malignant.

Comment

Working...
                                X