Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So that list I made for my bro and his friend has been a great tool for at least his friend to watch new shit. Recent reviews:

The Thing:
    Good movie and I liked the not knowing who is who aspect. The thing itself I wasnt really into all that much. Good movie tho. 3/5 stars
    Alien:
    Jonesy is the best character in the movie. It was actually creepier than I thought it would be. Only problem I had was all the strobe lights. Didn't see that reveal with that robot coming. Awesome. Makes sense why he would let that guy back on board after getting attacked by the spider thing. 4/5 stars
    Krampus:
    Very fun movie. Im a sucker for christmas and creepy movies so this was awesome. The toys were so funny and creepy and the music and sound was pretty awesome. At times its kinda slow is my only gripe. 4/5 stars
    You know, feels good to recommend shit to people who honestly have watched nothing for the most part that aren't big mainstream newer shit. Ryan loves Mike Flanagan, but never saw Ouija 2 and I told him he needs to fix that right away, and when I asked what his favorite horror movie is, he said: IT. Really hope he finds some cool shit from my list. Makes me laugh that he takes my recommendations more seriously than Ceej. He's watched more shit I've recommended in a week than Ceej has in like 8 months.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I showed the wife DEAD RINGERS last night.
      I don't think she's ever been that creeped out at a movie before. When Irons unveils his new gynecological tools for 'working on mutant women', I thought she was going to run screaming.

Great movie, arguably Cronenberg's best. It's definitely one of the all time great acting performances.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        I showed the wife DEAD RINGERS last night.
        I don't think she's ever been that creeped out at a movie before. When Irons unveils his new gynecological tools for 'working on mutant women', I thought she was going to run screaming.

Great movie, arguably Cronenberg's best. It's definitely one of the all time great acting performances.
        Been trying to get Sarah to watch this for months. She HATED Crimes of the Future so it's an uphill battle.

Comment

• 4. Censor. A timid woman in the 80s is a censor in the UK trying to curb the amount of violence plaguing those terrible "video nasties". Shit happens, things may or not be real, and Evil Dead homages all over the place. Great fucking ending and I kind of loved this. Great psychological movie. Nice build up, great release. Stuck that ending. Main lady is the wife from Raised by Wolves. She was great.

31 Days of Halloween movie marathon
          1. X
          2. The Strangers Prey At Night
          3. The Arbors
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Man, we have the opposite feeling on Censor. We loved the first 2 acts, but Act 3 just fell apart and we were really trying to figure out where the plot went because it just felt like "we gotta get here, now!" Not horrible, and worth a watch for sure, but left us a little disappointed.

Comment

• That was Lesley but I fucking LOVED that ending. Felt very In The Mouth of Madness to me. Didn't explain shit, didn't "not" explain shit, and I was engaged the whole way through.

Comment

• I love watching this from the sidelines. Im doing a mini version for my kids. Mainly classics.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Rob, if you want a scary movie, watch INTO THE DEEP on Netflix. It's a true crime documentary on that Danish submarine guy who killed a reporter. As the doc progresses and you find out more and more about this guy's personality and what happened on the sub...yeeeeeesh. Pretty wild.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    Rob, if you want a scary movie, watch INTO THE DEEP on Netflix. It's a true crime documentary on that Danish submarine guy who killed a reporter. As the doc progresses and you find out more and more about this guy's personality and what happened on the sub...yeeeeeesh. Pretty wild.
                    that's on the list for sure, just not for Halloween. It has to be horror, not horrific : ) But yeah, i remember that story and then I saw you post about it a few posts up and added it last night. Looking forward to it.

Comment

• There are moments in that doc that are scary/creepy as hell. One of the female team members on the project goes back and analyzes texts and realizes that SHE was going to be the victim, not the reporter. The final scene in the doc is WILD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        1. X
                        2. The Strangers Prey At Night
                        3. The Arbors
                        4. Censor
                        6. The Babysitter - Knew absolutely nothing about this movie except that Samara Weaving was in it and it was directed by McG. Never watched a trailer or anything from what I remember. Went in cold and ended up fucking loving this movie. I was not prepared at all for the awesome kills and how fucking awesome Robbie Amell was going to be. Legit loved this. Silly, gory, and a ton of fun. Would be a perfect double feature with Home Alone.

7.The Babysitter: Killer Queen - Doesn't reach the highs of the first one, but even so, this was also a bunch of fun. These are the types movies the 80s wish they had the abiity to make in so much that if a Friday the 13th got the leeway these two did....So many awesome kills.

Comment

• The first one is a totally fine disposable horror movie. I never watched the second one.

Comment

• I dunno, I'm totally watching this going forward in our marathons. Robbie Amell is fucking AMAZINGLY ridiculous in this. It was just so much goddamn fun. Also, goddamn Samara Weaving so hooooot.

The sequel is more disposable for me. I don't really need to watch that one again, but I had fun.

Comment

• Sequel is good? Cool!
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• It wasn't bad!

Comment

Working...
                                X