Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100%. I'd also argue that The Substitute is up there too.

But yeah, the hunt was always fun and my mindset hasn't changed. I refused to start buying shit from Amazon until recently in regards to collectibles and the like. I always felt super pumped when I'd find that shit out in the wild. But with so many stores ditching physical media and with covid, everything is ordered online now.

But like you said Troy, people today have almost everything at their fingertips but instead are too busy with watching streamers. Honestly, my bro and his friend do nothing but second screen streamers and play games. I get it but they will never have the experience we did with trekking down to the local rental store, hoping they had what you wanted, finding out they didn't and then just picking something based on the cover art BUT on the flip side of that when that would happen I would legit spend like an hour+ just walking up and down the aisles trying to decide on something. Having so many streaming options would cripple me (and actually still does) and I end up adding things to lists that I never then watch. I mean, shit man, RRR is still sitting there MOCKING ME and it give me anxiety cause my brain sucks and I know I need to watch it to either agree with Matt or disagree and feel better that my gut instinct was telling me "fuck that noise, don't waste 3 hours."
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• SNIPER is fucking awesome.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Yeah, I told my bro/his friend all about that movie as well. I'm working on an Action Top 20 list at the moment for them as well.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I asked my dad if he has any photos, but after I saw Sniper as a kid I wrote "one shot, one kill, no exceptions" and tally marks on my sweet Lazer Tag rifle:

Comment

• Geez, I remember seeing that rifle. Never played Lazer Tag, though.

Kind of onboard with the "hunt" Rob mentioned. Back in the 80s and 90s only way we could watch the most hardcore horror movies was praying the local video store might have it in stock (That's Video Entertainment in Jackson, up the street from my house, was the SHIT when it came to horror films), or if your buddy knows a guy who knows a guy who has some prime Fulci and Argento flicks on VHS bootleg tapes ready to trade for episodes of The Howard Stern Show and/or a pre-legal Traci Lords video cassette.

Comment

• Oh Tim, we would have had a blast hunting for movies and illegally trading bootlegs.

Comment

• Tell me about it. And bring the rest of the BDR clan with us...

80s/90s action figure hunting with Ari! Kenner and Toy Biz goodness await!

Anime hunting with Ceej! Fuck that weeaboo shit. We're getting bootlegs of the Guyver, Sonic Soldier Borgman, Dangaioh, Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend, 'casue proper anime is ALL about mecha, monsters, gore, power armor, and demon sex.

Bootleg albums and cassettes. Vintage Vinyl in Long Branch and Woodbridge, Princeton Record Exchange, The Record Store in Howell, etc. Matt, Nathan and Martin NEED their Rush bootleg fix!

And of course horror bootlegs out the wazoo. Terror on Tape, Faces of Death, Snuff... ah! Such memories!

Comment

• The Exorcist - Haven't watched it in a long time, like maybe a decade? And I've only seen it like 3 or 4 times total. I totally forgot that Van Sydow is only in the movie for like 15 minutes total, and the actual exorcism is pretty short and the build is the movie. In my mind the exorcism is 45-60 minutes long. Has more fucked up shit I had totally forgotten about, and I still understand why it gets under people's skin today.

Constantine - PS2 CGI aside this movie just rules, and I cannot wait to get the sequel. I hope we get Stormare and Swinton back for at least cameos.

Comment

• Constantine rules. Tilda Swinton is awesome.

Started our 31 days of Halloween movie marathon. Currently the theme this year we are going to try is 20 horror movies we've never seen and 11 movies we have.

1. X (first time watching)- Yeah, I'm so on board with Pearl. This movie was fucking great. TORQUE SUPERSTAR Martin Henderson channeling McHeyHey was great, giant Kid Cudi penis, and some great kills combined with fun editing was fun. I dug it a whole bunch.

2. The Strangers: Pray at Night (first time watching) - oooof, TORQUE SUPERSTAR Martin Henderson and Christina Hendricks couldn't save this. No good kills, stupid characters, SO MUCH ZOOM AND PAN. SO MUCH. LIKE DISTRACTINLY SO. Only good part was that it was an hour an 18 minutes long. It took two people to write a movie where nothing happens, the dialogue is minimal, and the characters are paper thin. I loved the first movie up until Dennis from IASIP has that scene in the house. You know which one. Instant hate after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

2. The Strangers: Pray at Night - oooof, TORQUE SUPERSTAR Martin Henderson and Christina Hendricks couldn't save this. No good kills, stupid characters, SO MUCH ZOOM AND PAN. SO MUCH. LIKE DISTRACTINLY SO. Only good part was that it was an hour an 18 minutes long. It took two people to write a movie where nothing happens, the dialogue is minimal, and the characters are paper thin. I loved the first movie up until Dennis from IASIP has that scene in the house. You know which one. Instant hate after that.
                      The Strangers is one of my favorites because home invasion shit legitimately scares me and I have recurring nightmares about it...I have tried to watch this movie like 20 times and never convinced myself to start it. The weirdest part? They announced a remake TRILOGY starring the redhead from Riverdale, who I can see being an incredible scream queen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        Constantine rules. Tilda Swinton is awesome.

Started our 31 days of Halloween movie marathon. Currently the theme this year we are going to try is 20 horror movies we've never seen and 11 movies we have.

1. X (first time watching)- Yeah, I'm so on board with Pearl. This movie was fucking great. TORQUE SUPERSTAR Martin Henderson channeling McHeyHey was great, giant Kid Cudi penis, and some great kills combined with fun editing was fun. I dug it a whole bunch.

2. The Strangers: Pray at Night (first time watching) - oooof, TORQUE SUPERSTAR Martin Henderson and Christina Hendricks couldn't save this. No good kills, stupid characters, SO MUCH ZOOM AND PAN. SO MUCH. LIKE DISTRACTINLY SO. Only good part was that it was an hour an 18 minutes long. It took two people to write a movie where nothing happens, the dialogue is minimal, and the characters are paper thin. I loved the first movie up until Dennis from IASIP has that scene in the house. You know which one. Instant hate after that.

Spoiler: The Strangers spoilers 
                        Got killed only because he didn’t explained them the D.E.N.N.I.S. System.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Day 3 - The Arbors - Oooof. First time filmmakers make a film for about 30k in 25 days starring the douche lawyer from She-Hulk and some sort of "creature". Too long (2 hours? gtfo), too meandering, no answers, too on the nose with the symbolism, and some of the editing choices made no sense. Shit just happened in between scenes that we're supposed to pick up on but instead it was more like "wait, what? how many people died now? how long has it been? Who is that guy? What are the rules?"

I did enjoy the creature sound design a bunch and there were some cool shots but cheapo filmmakers should not use CG for their creatures in daylight shots if they do not have the skills. This easily could have been done even more minimally with even better outcomes in some of those shots.

Oh well. Watching 20 new horror movies means I'm prepared for at least half of them being terrible lol.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

Comment

• If you liked X you're probably going to REALLY like Pearl. I didn't care for X outside of the Mcheyhey impression, but Pearl is fucking great. The monologue in Pearl is some legit star making shit.

Comment

• I watched that Pearl trailer before I saw X and that's the only reason I decided to watch X. I dunno, it's like someone loved the OG Texas Chainsaw and Boogie Nights and was like, I have an idea! The old couple was great and gross. Pumped for Pearl.

Comment

• I really, really, really liked Pearl.

Moreso than X. But, Pearl works more as a period piece than a horror film.

The only downside for Pearl is that it is really entrenched in its time frame to the point that it becomes a bevy of Easter Eggs for a bit.
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X