Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jurassic World Dominion Extended Cut.

Well, of course I loved this ridiculous move. Fake Tim Apple was totally a robot dammit. Laura Dern could still get it. Lesbian black pilot needed to be in the good version of Uncharted that should have been made. Alan Grant was still totally Alan Grant. Chris Pratt is still the worst part of the new series. Like his dumb Jedi hand trick thing was supposed to ONLY WORK ON BLUE because he fucking trained that goddamn dino since birth. But now he's still Jedi Mind Tricking all of the dinos all of the time. The stuff with the clone from the last one wasn't as annoying as I figured it would be but they didn't really do much with it. The angle they took on this
      Spoiler: spoilers 
    gene modification via the food supply and GIANT KILLER LOCUSTS and THE CLONES BLOOD FIXES ALL DISEASES EVER
    worked for me much more than that stupid "Old men in an underground level in a mansion filled with Dinosaurs that apparently the sick man upstairs all day never hears, and we trained dinos to attack people when we're pointing a laser at a bad guy instead of just shooting them". They do it a bit in this one but whatever, it worked.

I mean, we've seen all the dinos we can at this point, but I did dig how they made them more accurate with the feathers and the like, and the
      Spoiler: new dino spoiler 
    GIANT BLIND BIRDASAUR WITH FREDDY KRUEGER TALONS
    was pretty dope. That being said, is Dodgson in this supposed to be the SAME Dodgson from the original? They never mention it but if it's not that and was just fan service (which this movie has more of than The Force Awakens). All of that to say, I'm totally good with all Jurassic Park movies going forward. Nothing will ever top the original, the second had some fun scenes, the third one was okay, Chris Pratt vs Dinos 1 was ok, Chris Pratt vs. Dinos 2 was not okay, and this one was fun.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I enjoyed the first Pratt one, second was godawful, so I suppose I’ll check this one out from your review.
      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• It was on Peacock so I didn't waste anything except 2.5 hours but it was 2.5 hours I had fun with. Ian Malcolm is still awesome and the dude from Archive 81 was pretty good too!
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
          I enjoyed the first Pratt one, second was godawful, so I suppose I’ll check this one out from your review.
          Same!
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• That's too much pressure lol but I enjoyed it. It's silly but at least I got one more movie with the original cast.

Comment

• Hey Rob?

and:
              https://mobile.twitter.com/filmupdat...93250797518848

Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                Nope

Really liked it, but it wasn't what I had expected. I don't think that's a bad thing, and it doesn't shit the bed in the third act like Us does. The Gordy scene is incredible. Tense as hell and some wild imagery. Loved the twist of what the spaceship is doing. Keith David and Michael Wincott the two best voices in Hollywood ever. Akira slide! Evangelion monster design! All the performances were solid to great. Daniel Kaluuya being like "I gotta be up early. Mouths to feed" and his repeated "Nope" attitude really made him a top tier relatable horror movie protagonist.
                Agreed on all of the Billy. Those kids during that one scene at night? Yeah I'd have beat their asses.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Banner night of watching movies. Started with Cromwell (1970), probably my favorite Richard Harris film, and with great actors like Alec Guinness, Robert Morley, Charles Gray, etc. Despite quite a lot of inaccuracies, though, it's a very good historical drama, and easily one of Ken Hughes' better films. The sets and costumes look amazing considering the time this was shot. DVR'ed this the other day, and am glad I did.

Next up was Moonfall (2022) on HBO. Easily one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen, and if you've ever seen a Roland Emmerich disaster film, you've already seen this. There's so much extraneous crap bolted on to this movie, so much suspension of logic and disbelief, and perhaps the worst cast of characters I've seen in a good long while. Seriously, half of the characters and their bland as fuck/by-the-numbers storylines could have been jettisoned. The writing sucks, the McGuffin sucks, the CGI looked great, and John Bradley deserves better jobs post Game of Thrones. Please avoid this, and if you are tempted to see this anyway, please reach out to me so I can talk you out of this and/or call your family and friends and stage an intervention. Hell, I'll PM you my phone number and will drive/fly/take the Love Boat to where you live and take you to see a good movie on my dime.

Also, Emmerich's partner, Dean Devlin's Geostorm was on another cable channel while Moonfall was on and I can't. I just can't, alright?

Comment

• MOONFALL is one of the absolute worst movies of the year. Just terrible.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I’m all for dumb action movie. But fucking hell was Moonfall bad.

Comment

• Started watching RRR again. My wife sat down and started watching it with me. So, so much fun.

Also, this is a great, fun reaction video set:

Comment

• RRR was on the docket for this weekend (yet again) but goddammit my brain is just like FUCK A THREE HOUR SUBTITLED BOLLYWOOD MOVIE. Like I know I'll probably be all into it and shit, but my weekend always fly by in a flash and that's before I finish doing all of house work and chores. SOON, I promise...

Comment

• Just do it in chunks. It's easy as hell to split in two as there's even a built in intermission at roughly the halfway point, but the film is presented in 'story chunks' that will give you easy break points when you need to stop.

Odds are, once you get into it, you're gonna just motor through it because it's just so awesome.

edited to add: if you watch that reaction above, the guys mention that they were pressured to watch RRR from other people who kept pushing it on them. By the end of the film, they're all 'THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME' and talking about showing it to others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              Started watching RRR again. My wife sat down and started watching it with me. So, so much fun.

Also, this is a great, fun reaction video set:

It's like you found a way to make me hate RRR more.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• We can do better Troy.

You are the new Old Man Matt.

Comment

Working...
                                X