Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the flight home from Amsterdam yesterday, I watched three movies.

THE NORTHMAN: this was awesome, a new personal favorite to the point that I started watching it again last night with the wife (who was loving it).

THE MATRIX RESURRECTIONS: it was …ok? Totally unnecessary and too cute for it’s own sake but it was entertaining enough to kill time with. It definitely has its head up its own ass with a lot of the self references though.

REMINISCENCE: not shocked this is from the WESTWORLD crew. It’s not a bad concept but holy cow is it ineptly executed.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Northman fucking RULES

Comment

• THE NORTHMAN exceeded expectations. Holy shit was this great.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• re: Northman That shit is amazing. ONLY MISSTEP WAS KIDMAN. Best case she should have been in the beginning, and then AGE THAT LADY UP or GET SOMEONE OLDER AND WITH MORE GRAVITAS.

Out of al the weird fantasy shit in that movie, she was the only thing I didn't believe. She wasn't bad but that age shit bothered me way more than it should have.

but yeah, that movie made me reinstall Assassin's Creed Valhalla again.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            On the flight home from Amsterdam yesterday, I watched three movies.

THE NORTHMAN: this was awesome, a new personal favorite to the point that I started watching it again last night with the wife (who was loving it).

THE MATRIX RESURRECTIONS: it was …ok? Totally unnecessary and too cute for it’s own sake but it was entertaining enough to kill time with. It definitely has its head up its own ass with a lot of the self references though.

REMINISCENCE: not shocked this is from the WESTWORLD crew. It’s not a bad concept but holy cow is it ineptly executed.
            I have yet to see Northman.

But Matrix 4 wiped away the shit taste of the last 2 movies. I’m cool with it.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I'm an outlier. I fucking LOVED the new Matrix. I also love the original trilogy, video games, and the Animatrix.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I loved the newest Matrix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  I'm an outlier. I fucking LOVED the new Matrix. I also love the original trilogy, video games, and the Animatrix.
                  Not sure I’d say I loved the sequels, as they missed so much, but anyone shitting on the 4th missed the point.

Comment

• I liked The Matrix. I like John Matrix way more.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                      I liked The Matrix. I like John Matrix way more.
                      My man.

Comment

• So were triplets now?

Comment

• Prey

Hmm. Turns out you CAN make a good Predator movie. This was awesome.

Comment

• Terminator 2

Sarah had never seen Predator, and I was telling her about Prey which lead to us talking about Terminator of which she has seen zero minutes of. She then tried to tell me the Terminator plot based on osmosis, and wasn't that far off. She said she was in the mood for a dumb action movie, and would Terminator fit the bill. I told her I think Terminator 1 is more of a scifi horror movie, not a big dumb action movie, but T2 definitely is. So we watched T2 and I gotta say, holds up better than I expected. The humor isn't as dominating as I remembered, there's less Furlong than I remembered, and Linda Hamilton is fucking incredible. That has to be one of the best representations of a character in a series where the previous film informs what happens in the next in the series. The way she goes from holy shit my nightmare just walked out of an elevator to ah fuck there's ANOTHER one and then snaps into give me that fucking gun it's time to fight is really affective in a way I am not sure a lot of people appreciate.

And I don't think any action hero has every looked as cool as her smoking a cigarette, cleaning guns, with her tank top and shredded arms out in the desert sun. Just the fucking coolest.

Comment

• I don't think T2 is a dumb action movie at all, in fact it is the least dumb of the era.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                                I don't think T2 is a dumb action movie at all, in fact it is the least dumb of the era.
                                It's definitely not dumb compared to most of the Segal/Van Damme movies of the time for sure. And I wasn't going to subject Sarah to T3 for her first Terminator movie, so T2 was the dumb sweet spot for Terminator movies. The dumbest part of the whole movie to me is the box of roses in the mall, and how it ended up in the music video. I showed Sarah that after the movie, and she had the same reaction I think we all did at the time when they actually got Arnold to be in the video.

Comment

Working...
                                X