Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• OK, so Copy Image works (option 1). Option 2 does not work for me at all.
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
        I'm not a fan of 70% of Indian Cinema. What I like, I love....but it's not usually the all audiences fare.

That being said, if you're going to use a hack fraud like Patrick Willems to come at me....you better come correct.
        I'm not a fan of 95% of Indian cinema. I just can't gel with the vibe at all. This is the first film that I've watched and connected to and thoroughly enjoyed.
        As to that Patrick Willems video, I just encountered that yesterday long after I'd settled into my 'this is fucking awesome' opinion.

Comment

• Patrick Willems is such trash, though.

My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I won't disagree, especially with his presentation. That said, I agreed with a lot of what he brought up and he clarified a couple of cool things regarding the behind-the-scenes stuff that was interesting.

Comment

• Watched a couple of early Zulawski movies over the last week or two and have come to the conclusion that the Polish as a people have a lot of mental problems to sort out.

The Third Part of the Night is a wild ride that is a tapestry of biographical experience as per the director's father as well as his memories of the occupation during WW2. But then it factors in doubles, nightmare logic, shifting identities, and how violent trauma can skew perception of time and memory. All of it adds up to a horrible yet energetically captured experience that is the closest to a genuine fever dream you're liable to witness.

Diabel (Devil) stars many of the same cast as in the aforementioned film, dealing in many of the same sorts of storytelling mechanisms as Third Part of the Night, but with a titular character providing an interesting new aspect to the operation in being a split character of both a cunning demonic personality bent on corrupting the main character in all decisions real and imagined, as well as a condemnation of the bureaucratic and cold side of the real institutions that do similar things to the populace in general.

It helps to have a bit of context to jump into these films, but as cinematic experiences, they're quite spectacular examples of what the medium is capable of achieving. Mileage may vary of course, but it was a perfect time and place to absorb the material on my part.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• RRR

Well that was nuts. Everything is cranked to 11. I would have taken more dance numbers like Naatu Naatu. It’s really the highlight. Fun and refreshing.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  RRR

Well that was nuts. Everything is cranked to 11. I would have taken more dance numbers like Naatu Naatu. It’s really the highlight. Fun and refreshing.

Comment

• YOU TOO BRO

Also, that bromance is the most epic bromance in the history of bromances.

Like, wut.

The movie is as subtle as Jackass’ take on suffering, but it was fucking entertaining.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• RRR continues to wait because Sarah wants to watch it so now I have to bully her into sitting down and paying attention.

Licorice Pizza

I really didn't know anything about it, except new PTA movie. It's a PTA movie, and a more meandering one. I really ended up enjoying it though. Halfway through I was like man, this kid looks like Phillip Seymour Hoffman. And then I looked up who he was and...it's his kid. Then I realized he really is a carbon copy of his dad. Him and Gandolfini's kid need to find a movie together. It's way longer than I expected, which I should have expected because PTA.

Comment

• Dinner in America. A romantic comedy for assholes. Kyle Gallner was fucking great. Abrasive and awkward as fuck but I fucking loved it. I thought for sure that Lesley was gonna bail like 15 mins in but she ended up really fucking digging it by the end. The soundtrack is fucking amazing. Written, directed, and edited by one dude and I dug the shit outta it. Not for everyone but if it's for you then you'll dig it.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Beavis and Butthead Do The Universe. I needed this after my shit day today. Not as great as the first movie but I laughed throughout. The "white privilege" scene had me dying. Still as dumb as it ever was but its all it needed to be.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Sat down and watched some movies last night:

Crimes of the Future - Man. Lots of wild ideas, but this movie sucks. The ideas do not come together into any cohesive plot, and while you can follow A to B you'll find yourself just wondering why A and B connect, because there's no real reason for them to. Some great performances and gross body shit if you want that, but I'd say watch Titane instead. It's complete nonsense, but it was a lot of fun at least.

The Card Counter - I had been excited for this, but it was pretty dull. Oscar gives another awesome performance, but the story just kind of sucked. It's an Iraq PTSD movie masquerading as a poker thriller.

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent - Fucking awesome. So much fun. Cage and Pascal are having the time of their lives. We laughed the entire way through. A more fun version of JCVD. Highly recommended.

Comment

• I have Unbearable up next.

We watched Everything ,Everywhere All at Once today. Dug the shit outta it. Made me super sad. This is how Doctor Strange 2 should have been. Just weird shit happening all over the place. Loved Michelle Yeoh and Jamie Lee Curtis. Not sure why nerds turned on this but I dug it a bunch. Fun shit and some of those fight scenes are fucking awesome. Fucking lolz to the "award" fight scene.

We're gonna attempt RRR this weekend I think. It's just so much to mentally prepare for. I figure worst case I'll give it 20 mins and if I'm meh it's getting turned off.

Comment

• EEAAO is a hoot. That thing played beautifully in the theater and got the right reactions from everyone around us.

You're gonna dig RRR, I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X