Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The vulture bit had me dying with Pontius's skelly lines. Also the pig cum. lol.

Ehren McGhehey: You just got cummed on dude!

Johnny Knoxville: That's pig cum!

Dave England: What is it?

Johnny Knoxville: Pig cum!

Ehren McGhehey: Pig! Cum!

Dave England: That's pig cum?

Ehren McGhehey: That's pig cum!

Johnny Knoxville: 5 gallons!

Dave England: I'm a vegetarian!
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I'm a vegetarian HAD to be scripted.

Comment

• THE ADAM PROJECT on Netflix is pretty fun.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          THE ADAM PROJECT on Netflix is pretty fun.
          Yep. The kid was perfect casting.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• In case any of you needed to relive childhood trauma: tomorrow is the last day for The NeverEnding Story on Netflix.
            Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Yeah no. I cry everytime I see a horse since then.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                Yeah no. I cry everytime I see a horse since then.
                And Wolves still scare the piss outta me.

Comment

• . Gimme part two any day. #Brandis4Life

Comment

• The Bubble. Pretty funny for the most part. Pascal was my favorite. The drug scene was hilarious.

Comment

• I was wondering. That cast. Key, Pedro…
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Worth a watch imo. Some funny shit. Duchovny was great.

Comment

• Everything Everywhere All At Once is fanfuckingtastic.
                          Originally posted by Ari
                          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• we tried to see that one today but simply ran out of time. it's on deck, though.
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Cutter's Way.

I never saw it, always heard about it.

How it presented the characters in almost as bleak a fashion as the plot being manifest before them was refreshing. While that aforementioned plot is less important in its specifics, it pushes the characters out into the light of day from the booze soaked den and develops a conflict that feels naturally messy as the characters grapple with their inadequacies while trying to do something in defiance of those ever present failings.

Despite this vague summary, John Heard absolutely disappears and what is left is this crotchety, fully formed person who is so lost and angry they have nothing else in life but to be lost and angry. On the opposite side of the coin is Jeff Bridges, who also feels absolutely real in his complete lack of direction in life (hearing how he was backed into playing the part at all was humorous to discover as I can't help but see how it adds to his character's unease in finally having to do something with himself instead of escaping physical and emotional confrontation). Heard's wife Mo plays the ballast to these half made creatures and she has given up before the opening credits are done, and yet she behaves as the moral center of this broken Post-Watergate, Post-Vietnam America. It suits the story and setting that everybody is working their hardest to climb out of Hell the entire time the film is rolling.

As a pairing, Bridges (Bone) and Heard (Cutter) are the main reason for entry into the story and everything beats to the drum of their interactions, all the way up to the fatalist conclusion. Usually this is what seems to be the hardest aspect in character studies to really nail down without falling into the equally undesired camps of "too much melodrama" or "too on the nose," but the film breezes right past the majority of these problems to land in a rare space of doomed heroics that don't feel forced or entirely contrived.

I wasn't looking for anything in particular, but I found a really solid piece of crime fiction mixed with characters that belong anywhere but in obscurity.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I'll never really see Kevin's dad the same way again.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X