Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• give 'em a go, Rob. Watching all 5 over the course of 2 weeks or so was pretty great.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I mean, I have nothing better to do at the moment lol. May as well subject myself to 10+ hours of Johnny Depp.

Does anyone as a villain come close to Barbosa or Jones in the subsequent flicks?
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        I mean, I have nothing better to do at the moment lol. May as well subject myself to 10+ hours of Johnny Depp.

Does anyone as a villain come close to Barbosa or Jones in the subsequent flicks?
        Honestly, both Blackbeard (McShane) and Salazar (Bardem) are pretty solid bad guys.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• The Adam Project. Loved it. So much fun. The kid playing young Reynolds was perfect. Felt like an 80's Amblin flick. Didn't talk down to the kids and had good shit for the adults. Ruffalo was good and so was Keener going full Ron Silver from TimeCop.

The de aging on Keener was TERRIBAD. But overall a lot of fun. Sentimental without being sappy.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Watched it yesterday while the little minion napped. I would definitely recommend. Good action, Reynolds was doing his thing, but he didn’t overdo it. Gets you in the feels at the end.
            Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Turning Red

Not bad at all. Surprised at the Canadian setting. Mind you it’s Toronto, so it’s basically the US.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• No Way Home. Dug it. A whole bunch. Loved how they were able to give all of the past movies their due while still moving the current one forward.

Dafoe was great, Molina was awesome, Foxx was how he should have been in ASM2, and even the fucking Lizard worked better this time.

Spoiler: Spoilers for stuff that is already spoiled but still being nice 
                LOVED seeing Garfield in the suit again. He's still my favorite Spidey. The banter with the three Parkers was a bunch of fun. Tobey was on point. The way they were able to give each one closure was really satisfying. LOVED that Ned has magic powers now.

regarding end credit scene
                  Spoiler: spoilers 
                LOVED Tom Hardy showing up and trying to understand what the fuck was going on. Was sad to see him blip back out BUT love they were able to easily bring in the symbiote going forward.

Overall, this may now be my favorite Spidey flick which is something as I fucking LOVE SM2. It was just a bunch of fun seeing these characters in this universe and the MCU being able to make them a bit closer to their comics origin.

Comment

• Shit, let me download that now.

Comment

• HOUSE OF GUCCI

Very good and a lot funnier than I thought it would be. It's ostensibly a drama but some of it is 'out there' enough to give it a surreal edge. Jared Leto...ho boy.

Comment

• Good to hear. Is it streaming anywhere?

Comment

• I bought it on sale to watch on Vudu.

Comment

• worth a purchase or more of a rental?

Comment

• Probably a rental. I'm collecting all Ridley Scott films in my Vudu library of movies so it was a no brainer for me, but it's probably a 'one and done'. I really liked it, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              Turning Red

Not bad at all. Surprised at the Canadian setting. Mind you it’s Toronto, so it’s basically the US.
                              For any daughter whose ever had a mother. Several moments that play like a full-on horror movie that made me as a 37 year old white male say aloud, "Oh. SHIT!"

I loved it.
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                Probably a rental. I'm collecting all Ridley Scott films in my Vudu library of movies so it was a no brainer for me, but it's probably a 'one and done'. I really liked it, though.
                                Ah cool. yeah, will wait for streaming if possible. I really try not to buy flicks that will just be a one and done. So annoyed I bought the new Scream and didn't realize it was on Paramount +....Never gonna watch that one again but I dug it once.

Comment

Working...
                                X