Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spencer. It’s Black Swan, but using Diana as Nina. As a piece about a woman’s descent into madness, it’s fine. As a movie about the hypothetical last Christmas Diana spent before she and Charles separated? I said “what the fuck?” a lot. I don’t even really quite understand how Kristen Stewart god an Oscar nom for this. The costumes were fucking spot on, though.
    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
      Spencer. It’s Black Swan, but using Diana as Nina. As a piece about a woman’s descent into madness, it’s fine. As a movie about the hypothetical last Christmas Diana spent before she and Charles separated? I said “what the fuck?” a lot. I don’t even really quite understand how Kristen Stewart god an Oscar nom for this. The costumes were fucking spot on, though.
      We watched it this weekend too and it completely flew out of my memory when I walked away. It's a bit interesting, but it just feels weird? Like, I remember zero reports of Diana having a fucking total breakdown like this. It felt like a weird exploitative jerk off fantasy the director and writer had.

Comment

• Exactly. It’s a fever dream.
        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• I bought this for Lesley cause she loves this shit. Hope she likes it.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• and then it showed up on Hulu the next day....womp womp
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              and then it showed up on Hulu the next day....womp womp
              Yeah, everything Neon is going to Hulu for awhile.

My views on Spencer vary day to day, but Kristin Stewart is a great actress.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I keep hearing it's an IRON LADY situation: fantastic central performance, bad film.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Netflix's Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Leatherface Fights Gentrification

It was not a "good" movie, but I did get 90 minutes of fun from it. I cannot help but laugh and smile at a bunch of Austin young money gentrifiers buying a small town to "get away from the crime" (lol Austin is crime ridden?) and then bussing in more Austin young money to auction off buildings and turn it into a tech bro paradise. Basically, they wanted to make hill country Marfa. Instead Leatherface fucking kills EVERYONE and it rules. Light spoilers but it's fucking Texas Chainsaw: The goddamn SCHOOL SHOOTING PTSD SUBPLOT. Holy shit what a choice.

Comment

• It's so Goddamn bad. A flaming hot piece of shit with extra stinky lines.
                    Originally posted by Ari
                    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I fucking loved the new TCM. Should have watched my screener when I had the chance early.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• the little chick looks like Mash/Harold and Maude era Bud Cort.

Comment

• Sally is the Laurie Strode of Halloween (2018). If she was a royal dumbfuck.

That was a choice.
                          Originally posted by Ari
                          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                            the little chick looks like Mash/Harold and Maude era Bud Cort.
                            YES.

Comment

• Texas Chainsaw was amazing. I mean it's dumb as hell but I don't care. I loved watching everyone one of those jackasses die. It's not the worst thing in the world. I'd put this about 3rd in line for TCM flicks if I was ranking them. the 71 mins FLEW by, yeah Sally is dumb but whatever we all knew what was going to happen here. That first kill was brutal. The gore in this was great.

Comment

• We watched TCM last night with the in-laws (their choice, my niece is getting into horror films now, so...). The kills were terrific (the very last one was brutal to see and kind of stuck with me awhile), and I get where Bill was coming from with the "young money investors" plot vs. old somewhat ghost town residents. I was more annoyed at how fucking stupid most of the characters were and that they HAD to be written that way in order for this movie to work.

Spoiler: SPOILER 
                                Best parts were my brother-in-law losing his mind when the bus scene kicked in - he kept wondering why they didn't just rush Leatherface and overpower him. Sure, some of 'em would die anyway, but they still had the numbers to take down a guy in his 70s/80s and do some real damage to him. Also, my sister-in-law covering my niece's eyes during some of the more gruesome stuff, but the kid still peeked through and got into the carnage.

This film is stupid as hell, the classic TCM homages are bolted on a plot that's pretty generic for a horror film, the telegraphing of who was going to die (called the last survivor the moment they appeared on screen) and it lacked a lot of the tension that made the very first TCM flick work so well, but as a group experience, it was a hoot.

Comment

Working...
                                X