Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my god The Last Duel is fucking AWESOME. I am so glad Ridley Scott keeps making this fucking movie with varying levels of success, because when his swords and horses movies hit they fucking HIT. Courtroom drama ending in a fucking wicked as shit battle to the death? Yes please. When the victory was "sealed?" holy shit I was cackling and losing my shit. Savage shit that was SO satisfying. Ben Affleck was also having the time of his goddamn life. Just full on what if I was a failed tech bro coke head in 1380's France? Love this movie.

Comment

• I learned all of my parties suck compared to his.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        Anyone done work on converting DVD/Blurays to a digital library and running on Plex? When we renovated the house we packed up 4 bookshelves which had like 400 movies on them, and we don't have the space or want to put up bookshelves just filled with discs again. I've been toying with the idea of converting for years, but I want to take back my garage and get rid of the 9 rubbermaid containers filled with movies.

At this point I think I may just bootleg everything I can and get a big fucking 10TB external drive, pay for a Backblaze backup, and rip everything to it except the 4K movies and rare/collector shit. Then go to one of the last movie resale shops in town and get $20 for 300 discs. But yeah, interested in anyone's experience going through the Handbrake export/rip process.
        I've thought about putting all my stuff on digital via Plex, but I've got over 2,000 films and it just seems like a nightmare at this point.
        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post

I've thought about putting all my stuff on digital via Plex, but I've got over 2,000 films and it just seems like a nightmare at this point.
          This is why I am thinking just fucking pirate everything I own, and save the discs I care about. I went and did a quick count based on average discs per tub, and I think it would be closer to 700-800 discs. And I basically stopped buying movies like a decade ago. I buy like 2 movies a year now.

Comment

• I stopped buying physical shit except for special editions, 4k versions of my fav movies like 5-6 years ago. I got rid off all of my cases and popped them all in giant books that I store in my closet and sold all the shit I didn't care about. Now I just buy digital for most things. I don't feel like getting back into torrenting and the like.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Normally, this is the point where I'd share my disgust.

But, if you can source a digital copy at better than streaming quality, then slap it on Plex. Handbrake is kinda bitchy, but can work with time and patience.

Anymore, I use Plex to help out elderly family members and people wanting to see the weird shit I have access to that will never get a wide release in this country for legal and financial reasons.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• You fucker makes me curious about Last Duel. I’m a Ridley fan, but since Kingdom of Heaven, he made garbage.

I know the story of the duel. Wonder if it’s that good….
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Speaking of Ridley:

Alien Covenant.

Ridley gets lost here. The inherent vilains of the Alien saga were always the humans and their greed. Making a fucking robot the engineer of them is going on a full 180 on this. Also, the Engineers got fucked by one ship? That’s it? Meh.

Also, again, the crew and cast acted so stupid the Benny Hill soundtrack should have played during the whole movie.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• PROMETHEUS and ALIEN: COVENANT are completely reliant on the characters being complete idiots in order to move the plot from point A to B. It's so damned frustrating.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I still enjoy both flicks though. Still can't believe the beat shit in Covenant wasn't even in the film. Also, The Last Duel is def worth a watch.

Comment

• Late to the party but my God is The Mitchells vs the Machines awesome.
                        Originally posted by Ari
                        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Yeah you are and yeah it is. The animation style was fantastic and the story was super funny while being incredibly heartfelt and non fake. Loved it.

Comment

• Very fun movie, agreed.
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• You guys, Unhinged is fucking amazing. Like I was in no way prepared for how great Russell Crowe was going to be or how insane the movie would get. It's on Amazon Prime if you want to check it out. Seriously, so ridiculous.

Comment

• Checked out the black and white presentation of del Toro's Nightmare Alley last night at our local AMC Cinema. Felt like we were watching a movie on TCM in the best way possible.

His English-language filmography is considerably more miss than hit with some God awful dreck getting a free pass, a la Pacific Rim and Crimson Peak. Something the likes of Film Twitter and his Gatekeeper buddies refuse to acknowledge.

But this is so good, dare I say this could be his best film altogether. Yes this is up there with Pan's Labyrinth and The Devil's Backbone.

Absolutely, hopefully bleak (headlined by a career-best performance by Cooper and Mara and Blanchett never looked more beautiful) and I loved every second of it. Have to hand it to del Toro for finally breaking his "I must have a monster in every film!" rule. Actually challenged himself and it paid off.
                                Originally posted by Ari
                                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
                                X