Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished WARRIOR last night, actually. Fantastic. The banal premise belies a fantastically executed drama of a dysfunctional family in crisis. Wonderful movie with a fantastic ending.

We also watched THE LAST DUEL last night, the latest Ridley Scott film. In a just world, this would not have have been the colossal flop that it was...it's pretty damned great with a lot of Oscar worthy elements to it that will probably get ignored due to the film flopping so badly. In truth, I'd put this in the top tier of the Ridleyverse. Forget the underwhelming trailers and Damon's laughable mullet...this film is the real deal.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Nolte RULES in Warrior.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Is he channeling any of his Hulk acting? Still one of my favorite Nolte roles.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Nolte absolutely deserved his Oscar nom for Best Supporting Actor. Career best work from him.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Goddamn he was amazing in Hulk.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• yes he was.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• re: Ghostbusters Afterlife

While I'll always be sad we never got a proper GB3 with one of the ridiculous Aykroyd scripts, this is how a GB movie should be made. Basically The Force Awakens again, but it totally worked for me. I get all of the criticism it got (too many 'memberberries, complete rehash of the first movie,the ending) but I was too happy while watching it to care. The kids were all great except for Finn as he didn't get much to do. Podcast and Phoebe were a lot of fun. The opening 10 minutes was awesome and set up everything pretty well. The movie itself looked great with a bunch of awesome shots, Paul Rudd and Carrie Coon had good chemisty, and the overall story worked well (much better than Vigo and that nonsense).

That being said, holy hell
                  Spoiler: spoilers 
                the use of digital Ramis
                was fucking awesome looking but
                the amount of use was a bit too fucking much...especially that fucking hug...MADE NO SENSE.
                I get what they were going for but it was just a bit too much.

BUT
                Bill Murray, Danny, and Ernie were fucking on point. Bill had some fucking amazing lines and the ending scene with him and Dana was hilarious.

Based on the after after credit scenes,
                I'm hoping we get another one with the same characters sooner than later.

Wish we had more ghosts, loved seeing my favorite toy show up (even if it was another case of 'memberberries), and I will never not love the sound of Ecto-1 and the proton packs.

I'm sad that the pandemic took away my option of seeing this in a theater.

Comment

• Yes! Glad you liked it, Rerb!

I love that care was taken to make it feel like the older films in terms of pacing, sound, music, special effects quality, and all that. It avoided going too WHIZ BANG ULTRA like so many damned movies made today.

Favorite moment?
                  Zeddimore: 'Man, I LOVE that sound.'

Comment

• Downloading Ghostbusters right now. Gonna watch it this evening.

Comment

• Gotdamn. I’ve got something in my eyes. Echoing Rob, I had a grin on my face the whole time. I’ll watch it again, which is more than I can say for most of the movies I’ve seen recently.
                      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• I wish I liked it half as much as yall. Precocious kids: The Movie. The last 15 minutes + credits were more charismatic and interesting than everything preceding it.

Comment

• Billy is a ginger. Remember, they have no souls.

The Last Duel was fantastic. Great acting from all involved. Loved the structure. Shit was brutal in many ways.

Comment

• Agreed on THE LAST DUEL.

I think that one will be regarded as one of Ridley's best films once more people get to see it and its reputation grows.

Comment

• It was legit awesome. So glad I picked it up.

What wasn't awesome was Dont Look Up. What a shitstain unfunny smug movie. One redeeming thing was the credit scene. I chuckled there. Not once during the entire the movie though. Who was this movie made for? Wasnt for the people already on board with climate change and wasn't for the MAGA crowd. Such a waste of a good cast.

Comment

• Anyone done work on converting DVD/Blurays to a digital library and running on Plex? When we renovated the house we packed up 4 bookshelves which had like 400 movies on them, and we don't have the space or want to put up bookshelves just filled with discs again. I've been toying with the idea of converting for years, but I want to take back my garage and get rid of the 9 rubbermaid containers filled with movies.

At this point I think I may just bootleg everything I can and get a big fucking 10TB external drive, pay for a Backblaze backup, and rip everything to it except the 4K movies and rare/collector shit. Then go to one of the last movie resale shops in town and get $20 for 300 discs. But yeah, interested in anyone's experience going through the Handbrake export/rip process.

Comment

Working...
                                X