Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizen Kane.

Haven't seen it in a long while but in addition to his productions of Othello and more recently a viewing of Chimes at Midnight this fall, Orson's aesthetic choices are always interesting mixes of austerity with explosions of complex or towering iconography and what's always present are powerful blends of chiaroscuro in the blocking/framing within the context of the story's power dynamics. Refreshing technical know how and storytelling to serve a purpose.

Nothing else to say besides it stands the test of time even now.
    Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-03-2022, 03:07 PM.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• CITIZEN KANE is a perfect movie, period. I watch that one every couple of years and it never ceases to astound.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• We watched Kane at some point during quarantine, and yeah. It's still incredible. I absolutely love the set designs and how that crazy fuck moves and positions the camera in the sets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          late to the party but I finally watched CREED. This is one hell of a great movie, acted and directed with superb authority. I'd say it's the best Rocky movie since the first ROCKY, and that's saying something.

Started CREED 2 also. It's not quite at the level of the first one but it's pretty solid.
          Yep, Creed is solid AF. 2 is a little less so but still really damn good and there are things I love that it did but don't want to say anything till you've finished it.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Finished it last night, you're safe.

Really liked CREED 2. They gave the Dragos a lot more depth and nuance than I expected. The guy playing Victor, Ivan's son, is a real find...a much better actor than I would have expected.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• The depth to Ivan and his son were really well done. And totally agreed on Florian Munteanu, he's also in Shang-Chi
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Finished it last night, you're safe.

Really liked CREED 2. They gave the Dragos a lot more depth and nuance than I expected. The guy playing Victor, Ivan's son, is a real find...a much better actor than I would have expected.
                Creed erased all the Rocky shit after Rocky 4. So
                good.

I rewatched the Matrix sequels. Its bad.

Ressurection is the rightful sequel.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• started WARRIOR for the first time. Surprisingly really, really good. Top notch acting from everyone.

Comment

• With the Creed talk going on I figured I'd ask: anybody see the recut Rocky 4 yet? How does it play now that there is no Paulie sexbot?
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The fact there is no paulie sex bot is why I haven't touched it yet lol.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Haha, it's understandable to be sure.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I'm excited. Picked up that new Ghostbusters on Apple today and haven't been fully spoiled on it. Saw one thing mentioned online that was a bummer but was also like, yeah no shit.

PLEASE DON'T BE WORSE THAN GB2. That's all I ask.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Guess I will download that tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              I'm excited. Picked up that new Ghostbusters on Apple today and haven't been fully spoiled on it. Saw one thing mentioned online that was a bummer but was also like, yeah no shit.

PLEASE DON'T BE WORSE THAN GB2. That's all I ask.
                              I loved AFTERLIFE. It's definitely better than GB2.

Comment

started WARRIOR for the first time. Surprisingly really, really good. Top notch acting from everyone.
                                Probably my favorite sport movie. It’s paint-by-the-number, but it’s exceptionally well made and acted.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X