Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once Bitten. I remember catching this a lot on HBO as a kid and it’s just as campy and terrible as I remember.
    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Is that the one with Jim Carrey and the super sexy vamp? If so I too watched that a ton as a kid.

Watched some more Xmas movies.

The Ref continues to be one of my favorite xmas movies of all time. No matter how many times I watch it, I still laugh a ton.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It is. Lauren Hutton plays the sex kitten vampire. The fashion in the 80’s was way more beige then people nowadays want to remember. Really not as much neon happening as everyone seems to think.
        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Nice. I need to rewatch that.

Watched more Xmas shit. Christmas Vacation is now super relatable to me in so much that I wish my cousin would kidnap the owner of the company for me. Still the best rant of all time.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The Matrix Resurrection was fucking badass. Loved how meta it was especially with "Well they're gonna make it without us so ...." Also loved that the Matrix Online is indeed canon (but if you don't give a shit, it won't matter...)
              Spoiler: spoilers 
            NPH's Analyst character was fucking great. Loved how it contrasted with the Architect and how it was all about learning humans instead of hating them. Dug the shit with IO (and Niobe) and how after Neo gave himself up it caused some machines to change sides. Loved the shit with Morpheus and that technology. Loved the cyberpunk shit even more than the original flicks. Dug the shit with Smith and his motivations (dude who played him did great), the new "bullet time" was neat as shit. The big "heist" was great. FUCKING SWARM and FUCKING TURNING THEM INTO BOMBS was sweet. Loved Trinity being the new "one" at the end. That fucking jaw kick to NPH was gruesome. Seeing the Merovingian show back up along with the other exiles was fucking awesome fun.

Overall this was pretty great and I am all on board for any thing else they want to do. Also dug that this wasn't some big SHOOTY FIGHT FIGHT movie that it probably would have been if Lara wasn't involved.

Comment

• Yeah, Resurrection fucking OWNED. I loved it. The 'it's Gremlins 2" opinion I saw going around is spot fucking on.

Comment

• yeah, I agree with the Gremlins 2 shit. I still hate nerds who completely shit on the sequels to The Matrix because they work in the story they told and just because it wasn't the story they wanted they shit on em. There are indeed issues with some stuff, but after we watched all 3 of them back to back to back I liked them much more.

This shit though was on a different level. Again, the meta-ness is what makes this so good. Making fun of all the people who hated the more philosophic shit in the sequels and who wanted more SHOOTY SHOOTY KUNG FU was hilarious. The "writer's room" was fucking great.

Totally grabbing this on 4k disc as soon as it's released. GIMME MORE IN MY FACE. I <3 BUGS.

Comment

• The entire opening 45 minutes or so was me saying out loud "what the fuck? what is this movie? how the hell did they get away with this?"

Comment

• IT's genius. It worked so goddamn well. That new effect for
                      Spoiler: spoilers 
                    programs in the real world
                    was fucking so goddamn awesome.

Comment

• Watched The Grinch (2018 animated). I mean, it's the grinch (a fucking 20 page book stretched to film length.) but the animation was on fucking point. I don't give any shits about the story as I never cared for it, even as a kid I thought the cartoon was dumb, but goddamn this is a beautiful looking animated flick. Kenan Thompson's character was the best and Benadryl Cumbucket did ok as the Grinch. Wouldn't buy it (was gifted to me) and wouldn't go out of my way to watch it, but from an animation standpoint it's worth it.

The snow/fur effects were amazing.

Comment

• Checked out Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City. It was everything I ever wanted in a fucking RE movie i.e. following the fucking GAME.

It's basically the first 2 games (the best 2 games until 7/8) on film for the most part with a few strange choices that may only bother you if you're a huge fan of the original games and know everything about them (like me). That being said, those changes didn't bother me in the slightest overall because I've sat through those shitty PWA flicks with all of their bullshit and continuous retcons. This felt like a horror flick from the late 90s which is exactly what this property should be. Having it be set in 1998 allowed some dumb shit to be explained away by "the 90s bro" and only one tiny scene that I think was supposed to be funny but was more like YEAH I GET IT THE 90s. Again, this all worked for me. What was surprising is that the mansion and Alpha team going to it doesn't' happen until like half way through the movie but everything up to that was fun stuff. Again, your mileage may vary (and if you actually liked those shitty Milla flicks you probably won't like this as there is no stupid matrix bullshit to be seen thank god) but I will definitely buy this once it hits. It's a perfect representation of what RE was when it first started before it got bogged down by ridiculous plot points and retcons.

Also, plenty of fanservice which I loved. The "jill sandwich" line, Lisa Trevor showing up, her playing the music from RE7, the opening of RE2 with the semi driver, the amazing looking RPD and Spencer mansion (for real, looks just like the fucking games), the map from the games, moonlight sonata, etc etc.

They did one character dirty imo BUT
                          Spoiler: stay through credits 
                        fixed it
                        with a great nod to the opening of the RE Remake and sets up a potential bad ass sequel we'll never see.

Check it out if you can if free but if you're a fan of the games then rent it and have some cheesy fun.

Again, NO STUPID MATRIX BULLSHIT OR STUPID MILLA NONSENSE. Plus it has actual gore unlike the other RE flicks. Some decent zombie makeup and the like.

This is a late 90s flick that just happened to come out today and I dug the shit outta it.

Comment

• Matrix Ressurection

this was so much better than expected. I loved it.

Henwick was great, but holy fuck kept geeking out at each Sens8 cast member showing up.

And NHP, solid was usual.

Having Lambert Wilson back, amazeball.

After the last 2 sequels, I LOVED that it would likely be the final coda.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I still surmise that people that hated it wanted more of the same and were upset that wasn't the case. The biggest sin of the movie was that most of the action wasn't shot great which I can totally see why people bitched about it, but the story and ideas were great.

Comment

• Reno 911: The Search for Qanon or whatever. Some funny bits, but overall a swing and a miss. No Terry was a goddamn sin. Can't recommend this unfortunately. Just go watch some old episodes.

Comment

• late to the party but I finally watched CREED. This is one hell of a great movie, acted and directed with superb authority. I'd say it's the best Rocky movie since the first ROCKY, and that's saying something.

Started CREED 2 also. It's not quite at the level of the first one but it's pretty solid.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X