Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I grabbed the new 4K blu rays of THE ROAD WARRIOR (MAD MAX 2) and MAD MAX BEYOND THUNDERDOME. TRW is absolutely stunning...I mean, holy shit stunning. It looks like a brand new film. Unfortunately, the soundtrack is a redone Atmos track with a lot of new effects and such and, while it's punchy, it also feels too busy. They were supposed to include the original soundtrack but botched it, so hopefully replacement discs are forthcoming. Haven't done MMBT yet but the screenshots I've seen for it look effing great.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Nice. I'll have to grab those. Always enjoy finding a great 4k disc.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Hold off. Looks like WB is already pulling TRW and the 4 disc anthology from sites (they're gone on bestbuy.com and bullmoose.com, and all but one of the secondary sellers have been bonked on amazon.com). Glad I kept my receipt.

I don't have major problems with the new soundtrack but it's definitely different. The engine sounds are different and a lot of new Foley-ing has been done to punch things up. It wasn't necessary...the film was a masterpiece as it was.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Good to know.

Watched Dolemite for the first time in like 20 years. Goddamn I forgot how much I enjoy Rudy. Shit is so fucking hilarious.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I'm shocked SHOCKED to tell you the neck beards on Film Twitter are dead wrong.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife is great!
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
              I'm shocked SHOCKED to tell you the neck beards on Film Twitter are dead wrong.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife is great!
              They're not wrong. They're review bombing it because the world hated 2016's Queef Busters.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• That's true. But they also decided they hated it beforehand.

Even though the lead is a little girl. So much for their feminism.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I wish I could see it in theater, but still not comfortable around people. Will have to wait until digital while not being spoiled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    Hold off. Looks like WB is already pulling TRW and the 4 disc anthology from sites (they're gone on bestbuy.com and bullmoose.com, and all but one of the secondary sellers have been bonked on amazon.com). Glad I kept my receipt.

I don't have major problems with the new soundtrack but it's definitely different. The engine sounds are different and a lot of new Foley-ing has been done to punch things up. It wasn't necessary...the film was a masterpiece as it was.
                    Confirmed: WB is pulling all of the films, even THUNDERDOME. Not sure what the issue is with that one as most people seem satisfied with that release. There are some discussions being had as to whether or not any remixing was done on the 5.1 track and whether or not the 'original audio' is just a downmix of it, but the fact that WB pulled this film too tells you that something is afoot. Because TRW and MMBT were in the anthology set, it's been pulled too.

Troy: is this the fastest that WB has ever reacted to an issue with their releases? All of these just came out on Tuesday and they were being recalled by WB starting Thursday or Friday. I'm impressed with that turnaround.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post

Confirmed: WB is pulling all of the films, even THUNDERDOME. Not sure what the issue is with that one as most people seem satisfied with that release. There are some discussions being had as to whether or not any remixing was done on the 5.1 track and whether or not the 'original audio' is just a downmix of it, but the fact that WB pulled this film too tells you that something is afoot. Because TRW and MMBT were in the anthology set, it's been pulled too.

Troy: is this the fastest that WB has ever reacted to an issue with their releases? All of these just came out on Tuesday and they were being recalled by WB starting Thursday or Friday. I'm impressed with that turnaround.
                      I'm trying to get a clue on what the fuck they're doing. Problem is WB uses two different PR firms and my main guys weren't covering that release.

But, I got the discs in on both and haven't watched them yet. The Anthology set is using repackage discs on Fury Road and I think the first. Only new discs in whole set are Thunderdome and Road Warrior.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Near as people can tell, the copy of MAD MAX in that anthology is the same as the Kino Lorber one. At least, the transfer appears to be the same per the people on the blu ray boards. I think the special edition stuff is missing, though.

You'll be blown away at how good TRW and MMBT look when you watch 'em. They're stunning. I'm personally ok with the new audio mix for the most part but it'd be nice to have the original track as was intended.

Comment

• Eyes of Tammy Faye. Should have just watched the documentary. Chastain was great as Tammy but the movie is a mess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            Eyes of Tammy Faye. Should have just watched the documentary. Chastain was great as Tammy but the movie is a mess.
                            Chastain will get nominated, but Garfield did the better job with the character.

The movie is super thin and bounces around the timeline with no real care.

Comment

• Every scene is a new year it feels like and they never tell you what year it is for the most part. Garfield was okay imo. Nothing special.

Comment

• I thoroughly enjoyed GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE. If you're going to do a nostalgiafest, this is the way to do it.

The film was made with exquisite care to ape the 'feel' of the '84 film. The editing and pacing is right in line. The usage of special effects is at about the same level and, where possible, at the same degree of quality (I'll not spoil specifics). Most importantly, the original Elmer Bernstein score is utilized and copied for the entire film, giving everything the right tone to embrace.

The plot itself is a direct sequel to the '84 film. The events of the '89 film are not referenced so I wonder if that movie is being completely removed from canon. Either way, the '89 film is definitely not important to the proceedings. The 2016 film is completely discarded...thank God. I won't spoil anything about the plot but it works as a sequel and a reboot at the same time.

Lots of fun. The kid actors all pull it off with great skill. A special shoutout needs to be made to McKenna Grace as young Phoebe, an actress who will be the next Chloe Grace Moretz if she chooses her projects right. Of course, you're there for the original crew. I won't spoil anything but be prepared to smile.

Stick around for a fantastic mid credits scene that you MUST not miss as well as a post credits scene that definitely hints at the direction a sequel could go.

Comment

Working...
                                X