Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dune. Very dark. So dark. Not much light. Also, only half a movie. As much as I enjoyed the world it was painfully obvious that this movie wasn't going to end in a satisfying way. Glad we're getting a second one and maybe once I can watch the whole movie I can have more to say.

I can say that Dune did the impossible for my wife. It made her think Jason Momoa was unattractive. Facial hair makes a HUGE difference on some people lol.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Loved DUNE myself. Kicking myself for missing it on IMAX.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• My only gripe is that it's not a full movie. It just fucking ends. My wife didn't know there was going to be a second one (she missed the Part One subtitle) and was super annoyed. It's beautiful and well acted it's just fucking annoying we have to wait so long for the rest, that's my only issue over all. Well that and just how fucking dark this was overall. My HDR got full use lol.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• No issues with me on the darkness levels. I totally get the frustration that it's only half of the story, though. Totally understood.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Same. Loved the shit out of this and can't wait for Pat Two.

And Jen's the same as Lesley on the beard front. Jen all but disowns me until the goatee comes back, and our cat LOVES scratching his face with my beard.

Comment

• Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. Lesley wanted to watch some Thanksgiving flicks so I obliged. John Candy is so good in this goddamit.

Comment

• I haven’t watched it since I was a kid, when everything obviously went way over my head. But pretty much everything he did is good in my book. Even Summer Rental.
                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Dune was highly enjoyable for me but daaaaamn it's going to be a long wait for the 2nd part.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. Lesley wanted to watch some Thanksgiving flicks so I obliged. John Candy is so good in this goddamit.
                    I'd love to see more of the deleted footage from this (hinted at in the trailers). Regardless, this film is virtually flawless. No jokes fall flat (that I can recall) and there's generally something that is laugh out loud funny every 5 minutes or so. Just a great film.

Comment

• Dogma (thanks to the video of the day) - since this fucking thing is impossible to get in HD at a decent price (190+ on amazon for OOP blu) and since I can't find my DVD I decided to check youtube where to my surprise an HD version was on there. Still fucking great, still my favorite of Smith's flicks (at least tied with Clerks but this is objectively a better movie), and I wish they could figure out the legal shit on the backend for this because I would like to own it. Hadn't seen this in YEARS and goddamn I still was laughing out loud throughout. Alan Rickman is the bestttt.

Comment

• I caught Dogma a couple of years after it came out during a point in my life when I was already going through a crisis of faith. This movie will always hold a special place in my heart for helping me through that.
                        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Dogma is going to be hard to get for awhile. It's not considered part of the Miramax library which now belongs to Paramount.

Since the Weinsteins bought the rights outright, it's one of five films that will literally sit among their belongings until their estates have to sell them off.

Worst case scenario is Bob angrily dumps them into a trust and then all of that shit stays Out of Print for 20 years.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Well Shang Chi was fanfuckintastic.

having
                              Spoiler: spoilers 
                            Wong and Trevor made my fucking day.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I rather liked that one too, but I'm pretty easy to please if the martial arts on display is fun to watch.

Comment

• for a character I knew nothing about it was pretty entertaining. The mystical shit was fun. Loved the creature designs and like I said in the Avengers thread, Awkwafina was great.

Comment

Working...
                                X