Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God all of these movies are pure trash. So excited for that new one that is like the games and not some PWSA nonsense with his shitty wife. At least if it sucks then I know the only good RE movie is one that will never be made based on Romero's original script (which is seriously fun and legit).
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Hard as I've tried, I'm just never going to be a Full Metal Jacket fan. It just fucking collapses after the first act in basic-training.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
        Hard as I've tried, I'm just never going to be a Full Metal Jacket fan. It just fucking collapses after the first act in basic-training.
        It's not that it collapses. More than anything, it nails the tonal shift of the book to a T. In that sense, it betrays Kubrick's ability to filter an adaptation at that point in his work.

Which is crazy since The Shining was probably the definition of knowing what to and what not to adapt.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
          Hard as I've tried, I'm just never going to be a Full Metal Jacket fan. It just fucking collapses after the first act in basic-training.
          Totally agree. I understand that's how the book is, but I check the fuck out as soon as Pyle goes nuts.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Kubrick was (by all accounts) starting to lose both his edge and his focus. Openly asking the actors "How should I end the movie?" to cutting out the gore which would have left an impact.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• FMJ is one of my absolute favorite movies. It also feels like the first time Kubrick showed any real understanding of compassion or emotional complexity in humans. Granted, never seen Paths of Glory or Barry Lyndon.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                FMJ is one of my absolute favorite movies. It also feels like the first time Kubrick showed any real understanding of compassion or emotional complexity in humans. Granted, never seen Paths of Glory or Barry Lyndon.
                Kinda of a Point A is solved by Point B statement.

But, FMJ and Eyes Wide Shut have the same problem. Some creators have a window of interest and things they want to tackle. You can have a great idea, but not enough material to finish it off. Billy Wilder and Hitchcock suffered from it at the end of their careers too.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I'm about 2/3 of the way through RESIDENT EVIL: THE FINAL CHAPTER

Holy balls is this film a bucket of stink. I'm going to finish it but it'll be out of obligation more than anything. I still say that the second film is the worst one of the franchise but this one gives it a run for its money.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Finished RE: THE FINAL CHAPTER
                    That was terrible. I still say that the second one was the worst but this is close. Good God, the editing in this was simply horrible. I mean, after watching this, I'll never complain about the editing in QUANTUM OF SOLACE again.
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Hahaah. It is indeed terrible but I still think part 2 gets a pass thanks to Nemesis. I love me some Nemisis.

Comment

• Misery

Had not watched this since the mid 90s. Probably watched this as a teenager with Dolores Claiborne at some point. So I remembered the high points, but not a ton. Hobbling, etc. But holy shit. THIS SHIT IS FUCKING CRAZY. When she comes in with the revolver and is like "I have this gun. I think about using it sometimes. I may put some bullets in it." and walks off I was screaming. I mean jesus christ that is bat shit scary. I read after that Kathy Bates won the Oscar and she totally deserved it. It's on HBO and I recommend watching it if you haven't in a while.

Friday

Sarah had never seen Misery and we wanted something to chill out to. She had also never seen Friday. So we put it on and I forgot how much of that movie has just become part of everyday talk with my friends and family. Sarah just turned to me about halfway through it and said "oh my god you and everyone you know just quote this movie all fucking day" and I couldn't deny it. It's alright. The pacing is so fucking weird and off. The movie wraps up with the big issue, GETTING SHOT AT, being like a tertiary write off issue in a quick scene.

Comment

• Bates is fucking amazing in that. It was why I was so surprised with Lizzy Caplan's take on the character in season 2 of Castle Rock. It's great but in a completely different way.

Caan is great in it.

Comment

• We fell off Castle Rock halfway into S1. I read about it being in S2 and made me want to consider it.

Comment

• The seasons are mostly not connected. Start with S2 and you're fine. Completely different story from what I remember.

Comment

• Kinda neat b ut IMAX enhanced versions of flicks are coming to Disney +

Comment

Working...
                                X