Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Breathe 2

A fine, serviceable sequel with some incredible red herrings and twists to try and get you to forget how much of a creep Lang was in the first movie.

Halloween 3

Still rules. I can't get enough of it. I don't think I've ever seen anything beyond 3 until the reboot a couple years ago actually.

Comment

• HALLOWEEN 4 is surprisingly good. Better than it should have been with a pretty great ending to it. H5 continues with the plot threads of H4 but isn't as good. Never saw H6.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I always found Halloween 4-6, H20 and Resurrection dull and lacking for some reason. One and dones as far as I was concerned. I didn't show interest in the franchise until Rob Zombie did his two films, which I liked (can't beat Carpenter's first two, nor Halloween III, which is a guilty pleasure). I only saw parts of the 2018 film so far on cable, though.

Comment

• Hmm perhaps I will watch 4 and 5 soon.

Comment

• The 2018 film was actually pretty damned good. Better than I thought it would be.
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
              The 2018 film was actually pretty damned good. Better than I thought it would be.
              I watched that one, really liked it. Need to revisit it this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                1. RZ Halloween - Honestly have never seen the whole movie all the way through. So much vitriol was thrown at this and honestly it was mostly unwarranted. The cringy shit was in the first 10 minutes which is a shame because I do enjoy William Forsythe but the dialog was so goddamn try-hard. Once Mikey takes out his family I ended up really liking this. He was completely wrong for this franchise (RZ Friday would have been PERFECT for his type of flicks) but goddamn was Mikey a fucking TANK in this. The sped up remake of the first one in the last hour could rub people the wrong way but not me. Honestly, I really wanted to check out H2 after this but it's against the rules. This one was better than any of the fucking sequels (H3 not withstanding) and I'll definitely watch this again next year.
                2. The Fog - Ties into RZ Halloween thanks to John Carpenter being involved in both AND both movies start out with a quote from an author (even though it's a fictional one in Halloween). Still think this is one of the best ghost stories ever. Pirate ghosts need more love. Adrienne is fun as the radio host, Jamie Lee Curtis is hilarious as the way too young semi prostitute who just glombs on to Tom Atkins, and the ghosts are nice and freaky. Love it.
                3. Night of the Creeps - Ties in to the previous thanks to the badass that is Tom Atkins. I fucking love this movie. From the cheesy opening to the ridiculous director's cut ending, everything about this is just fun and silly without being to cheesy. THRILL ME.
                4. Slither - ties into the previous one thanks to alien slugs that take over humans. Haven't seen this in years and it still mostly holds up. I love that Gunn used a ton of prosthetics on Rooker and only some dodgy CGI keeps it from working 100%. Some great kills, world building, a super fun turn from Nathan Fillion makes this a great alien invasion flick.
                5. Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer - Ties in to the previous one thanks to the Rook. Been awhile since I've seen this one and this 30th anniversary transfer was pretty great. Still such a grimy and dirty movie. I always loved the look of it. Shit just feels lived in and real. Towles as Otis is perfect casting. That camera scene in the house is still so haunting. While I was watching this I decided to check out the wiki about it and had no idea that it was based on the real life killers and how the real life killers were somehow even worse than the ones in the movie...Case in point? Otis's sister in the movie was actually his 12 year old niece in real life and Henry spent a lot of time just sexually abusing her and the like. Fun stuff!

6. Night of the Living Dead (90) - Ties into the previous one thanks to Tom Towles. One of my favorite movies of all time. Savini knocked this one outta the park. Tony Todd is great, Patricia Tallman takes a one note character and gives her some drive and an arc, Tommy and Judy Rose are the worst (and should have been played by 12/14 year olds. It would have made more narrative sense), and Tom is the BEST (LAME BRAINS!). Great zombies, a fun ending, and a great remake over all.

7. The Blob (88) - Ties into the previous one by both being a remake and having Bill Mosely show up. The effects in this are still fucking aces (minus the toy truck at the end), I love they don't pull any punches with characters (even if they're kids), and Kevin Dillion has the best mullet in all of moviedom.

8. The Mist - Ties into the previous one thanks to Frank Darabont writing both and for Jeffrey DeMunn showing up. The black and white version of this is still so great, Mrs. Carmody is the woooooorst, and that ending is still so silly after the shock wears off.

9. The Shining - Ties into the previous one thanks to Stephen King. I'm not a fan of this flick for the most part. I find it very boring and nonsensical. I know I'm in the minority. It's like the Exorcist for me. I saw much scarier and extreme movies before I ever saw these two. And since normal people like to say this and that are the scariest movies ever it never had a chance. That being said, I enjoyed the camera work and set dressing a whole bunch more this time. Looked great in 4k. I still prefer Doctor Sleep.

10 . Silver Bullet - Ties into the previous one again thanks to Stephen King. I loved the short story this was based on as a kid and loved the movie more thanks to Corey Haim and that sweet fucking wheelchair. Fun little werewolf story.

11. Dawn of the Dead (Cannes cut) - Ties into the previous thanks to James Baffico showing up in both. This was my first time watching the cannes cut and I kind of loved it. Different editing choices, music cues, etcc turned a movie I've memorized into a fun "HEY THAT'S NEW!" game. I know I've seen some of these scenes at some point, but it was great watching it from start to end in 4k. So glad I was able to grab the 4 disc 4k version from the UK.

12. Shaun of the Dead - Ties in to the previous thanks to Goblin, zombies, and overall general influences/shoutouts. Still Wright's best and tightest flick. Nothing bad to say.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                  I always found Halloween 4-6, H20 and Resurrection dull and lacking for some reason. One and dones as far as I was concerned. I didn't show interest in the franchise until Rob Zombie did his two films, which I liked (can't beat Carpenter's first two, nor Halloween III, which is a guilty pleasure). I only saw parts of the 2018 film so far on cable, though.
                  4 isn't terrible but it's not great. 5 and 6 are bad. H20 was okay but ruined by the beginning of Resurrection. I much prefer RZ Halloween over any of the sequels (not counting 3 as it's great). Was not a fan of the 2018 version. Could have been great but was way too pedestrian for my tastes. I do love that asylum scene though . It needed more creepy shit like that imo.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Canne cut?
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• It's the original cut from what I read. Whole new scenes (including Joe Pilato showing up), different music, etc..

Comment

• Is the music more appropriate or is it egregious tonally like the A-Team rip for Ken Foree's last minute escape from the mall?
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• A bunch felt more appropriate. Standard score stuff instead of some Goblin's more prog rock stuff. It's still in there and what not, but it wasn't as much in your face. It definitely threw us both for a loop as the original movie is fully ingrained in our brains due to how many times I watch that movie a year lol.

Comment

• Pretty sure this is the cut:

Comment

• Muchas gracias Roberto
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• NP. And fwiw Foree's AHMAZING music cue at the end is still there. hahah. So goddamn silly.

Comment

Working...
                                X