Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can absolutely verify how bad NEIGHBORS is. It's anti-comedy.

As to me, I revisited ALTERED STATES (1980) after at least a 30 year gap. The movie was actually better (and weirder) than I remembered it being. The special effects all hold up really well considering they were done in 1980. Well acted, well directed. Very solid movie.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Free Guy. Minus about 20 mins in the middle that felt like it slowed the whole movie down, this was a bunch of fun. Reynolds was perfect for the role. Basically Lego The Movie but in real action. Hated the use of real youtubers though. that shit was cringy as fuck. The cameos were a bunch of fun. Not worth a purchase, but totally worth a rental.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I liked FREE GUY as well. Much better than the trailers indicated.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• The first hour feels like a whole movie and then they hit you with another hour.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The one thing that I loved was all of the stuff going on in the background. Guy and Bud will be walking and talking and in the background you'll have a tank rolling over cars or a guy in a jetpack.

Gotta say, the CA shield and the lightsaber moments were awesome. Dude was great too...loved the unfinished scripting for his lines.

Comment

• yeah, as a gamer the background shit was great. People bunnyhopping, trying to glitch jump their way above doors and shit, it was pretty great.

Comment

• There was a guy teabagging someone in the background in one shot. I laughed hard at that.

eta: I wish they'd shown somebody stuck in a wall screaming for tech support.

Comment

• They even had the guy who loves to dress in all pink ALA ME. TEAM PINK 4 LYFE.

Comment

• Doctor Sleep

First time rewatching this since the theater (which I think was the last movie we saw before covid shut shit down?) and it's even better than I remember. And I fucking LOVED this movie walking out of the theater. We watched the director's cut, which is right at 3 hours long but it really didn't have any pacing issues. It supposedly added almost 30 minutes to the theatrical, but we had a hard time knowing what was added outside of a few longer shots, a couple of scenes with extended dialog, and a bit more violence (baseball boy is still SUPER fucked up and intense). Ewan is really fucking good, as he always is, and the girl that plays Abra is really fucking incredible and I couldn't believe she's only had one role in a disney tv show since this came out. But I guess covid probably fucked shit up.

It definitely ends on the Flanagan special of HOPE! RENEWAL! But this one isn't a long fucking monologue, and it actually ends with a character showing some backbone and not just being all "oh i hope everything is alright." Abra MAKES everything alright in that last shot and it makes such a difference compared to the other Flanagan stuff.

Comment

• The director's cut is the only way to watch that. I couldn't imagine watching the normal cut.

Comment

• We started our annual Halloween Movie-a-thon this weekend. 31 movies in 31 days. The rules are the same as we made up last year. Each movie has to somehow tie into the previous movie without using a sequel or remake back to back. We added the new rule of starting with Zombie's Halloween remake and ending with Carpenter's original (or depending on if we still have peacock or not, possibly ending on Halloween Kills).

So far:
                        1. RZ Halloween - Honestly have never seen the whole movie all the way through. So much vitriol was thrown at this and honestly it was mostly unwarranted. The cringy shit was in the first 10 minutes which is a shame because I do enjoy William Forsythe but the dialog was so goddamn try-hard. Once Mikey takes out his family I ended up really liking this. He was completely wrong for this franchise (RZ Friday would have been PERFECT for his type of flicks) but goddamn was Mikey a fucking TANK in this. The sped up remake of the first one in the last hour could rub people the wrong way but not me. Honestly, I really wanted to check out H2 after this but it's against the rules. This one was better than any of the fucking sequels (H3 not withstanding) and I'll definitely watch this again next year.
                        2. The Fog - Ties into RZ Halloween thanks to John Carpenter being involved in both AND both movies start out with a quote from an author (even though it's a fictional one in Halloween). Still think this is one of the best ghost stories ever. Pirate ghosts need more love. Adrienne is fun as the radio host, Jamie Lee Curtis is hilarious as the way too young semi prostitute who just glombs on to Tom Atkins, and the ghosts are nice and freaky. Love it.
                        3. Night of the Creeps - Ties in to the previous thanks to the badass that is Tom Atkins. I fucking love this movie. From the cheesy opening to the ridiculous director's cut ending, everything about this is just fun and silly without being to cheesy. THRILL ME.
                        4. Slither - ties into the previous one thanks to alien slugs that take over humans. Haven't seen this in years and it still mostly holds up. I love that Gunn used a ton of prosthetics on Rooker and only some dodgy CGI keeps it from working 100%. Some great kills, world building, a super fun turn from Nathan Fillion makes this a great alien invasion flick.

Comment

• We watched BOSS LEVEL on Hulu last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Fun action flick with a pretty solid sense of humor. It's not original at all but it's well executed.

And, as to execution, I just read about the behind the scenes stuff surrounding it. Apparently there's a 'shitty' version of the film and then a 'Blumhouse re-edited' version of the film. That re-edit is the one on Hulu, and it was great and had the 'good' ending to it. It's also something like 20 minutes shorter than the shitty version. If you're going to watch it, do the Hulu version for sure.

Comment

• Boss Level was a bunch of fun thanks to Grillo.

Comment

• Coppola's One From the Heart.

One of the most dazzling films I've ever see. You feel the work behind evey single shot. From that standpoint, my jaw was on the floor from start-to-finish.

A five star film on the visuals alone. On the love story, I'm mixed. Frederic Forrest isn't a bad guy. But he's a bit of a lunkhead and kind of an asshole, and Teri Garr is kind of too good for him. Until she leaves Raul Julia (steaming red hot with charm from the moment he enters frame) at the airport gate for him.

Then you figure "No... I guess she isn't too good for him."

Perhaps that's the point. But it left me cold.
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Isn't that the movie that ended FFC's career? Bankrupted him/his studio?

Comment

Working...
                                X