Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athlete A on Netflix. I hope the Karolyis rot in hell and their weasely little doctor gets beaten to a pulp on a regular basis.

Side note: I had already started watching this before Matt shared his chiropractor story.
    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• REDEMPTION, 2013, with the Statham.

Pretty good! More of a dramatic role for him vs action, but the action which is present if well done. Very well acted by everyone. Statham, in particular, impressed me here.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Also jumping on the “Alec was the best Ryan” bandwagon.
        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Wrath of Khan.

I just love everything about this movie. The sets, costumes, character beats, everything. Still tense and still works for me on all levels. Also love the soundtrack. Fuck man, maybe I need to go back to being a Trekkie.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Pig

Had no idea where this was going the entire time. Really great though. Cage is incredible. Adam Arkin is a scary fuck as always.

Comment

• Been on a Statham kick recently.

SAFE (pretty solid. Good action)
              REDEMPTION (more of a drama than an action flick. Very good)
              PARKER (OK but missing a spark to make it great)
              SPY (a rewatch. Loved it. Still can't believe we don't have a sequel).
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Checked out Neil Blomkamp's latest - Demonic

yeah, it was not good. Dude has to be a one hit wonder (we'll see if District 10 ends up being decent) as everything he's done after D9 has been so mehhhh. Great world builder, cool ideas, amazing visual style, terrible scripts.

this one had some neat ideas like the squad of Exorcists but then does nothing with them. The simulation stuff was neat visually but didn't utilize it nearly enough. The actual demon was goofy as fuck looking when you actually see it. Bummed. It was a movie and that's about all I can say about it.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Getting pumped for that new Aliens game tomorrow by watching Aliens. Still not my favorite of the bunch but it still kills at what it's going for. Much like T2, I think I watched these too many times as a kid as now they feel like a chore.

The reveal of the egg chamber and Queen is still one of my favorite scenes ever. More so than the power loader reveal. Weaver's face as the soundtrack goes to ambient only and her eyes scanning the room is fucking aces.

I think if I had to rate all of the Alien flicks (without doing a rewatch atm) I'd have to go:
                  1. Alien
                  2. Alien Resurrection
                  3. Alien 3 DC
                  4. Aliens
                  5. Covenant
                  6. Prometheus

I have a hardon for the sillyness of the merc team in Resurrection.

Comment

• Shit, now I'm going to have to do a rewatch of all of them.

Comment

• Checked out The Brothers Grimsby this weekend as I wanted something funny and new to watch.

Goddamn, this movie is fucking DUMB but holy shit did I laugh out loud a ton. Mark Strong had some amazing physical comedy bits in this and I want him to do more.

Louis Leterrier shot the hell outta this flick. The "spy" stuff is really well done. The opening FPS scene was fucking sweet.

That elephant scene was fucking amazing and the stuff with Daniel Radcliffe and Trump was fucking hilarious.

Yeah, it's dumb as fuck and your mileage may vary but I had a ton of fun with this one.

Comment

• Total Recall in 4k. Goddamn, this movie looks amazing. One of my favorite Arnold flicks and I love all of the future shit in this. Send my ass to Venusville.

Comment

• I have that in 4K as well. Looks great! Such a fun movie, even if I don't have 5 kids to feed.

Comment

• yeah, the remaster looked AMAZING. So good.

Comment

• DON'T BREATHE 2. Dug it a bunch. Not as good as the first but some of the set pieces are great. Bring on another one.

Comment

• SHANG-CHI.

Really, really liked this. Wife liked it too. Interesting characters and great fight scenes. The finale gets a little CGI heavy but is also fairly beautiful to watch, resulting in one of the better third acts that I can remember in a MCU film.

Comment

Working...
                                X