Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifeforce is amazing. SPACE VAMPIRES.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• In LIFEFORCE's defense, the film was edited to shit. I remember watching a documentary on it where they talked about how they were forced to edit it down to the current runtime. The biggest cut was a lot of the first act stuff on the Churchill (if memory serves, something like 15-20 minutes was cut on the Churchill) and then lots of cuts here and there were made that probably would have added coherence to the plot in general.

Pretty sure they didn't cut anything with Mathilda May, though.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        do not...I repeat, DO NOT...watch GUNPOWDER MILKSHAKE on Netflix. You have been warned.
        God Damnit Matthew, you and I can't ever agree on anything. I mean, yeah, it's not high art but fuck if I didn't have fun watching it. *Shrugs* You are my anti-opinion I guess.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• hahahaha. I like the idea if you guys come into contact you both immediately explode into nothingness.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Went to the pictures for the first time since early last year to see T2 in a restored 4K print. It was almost overwhelming how great much of it still looked (some makeup effects stood out but generally only at the very end when the latex was being heavily applied) and the small retouch done to hide the stuntmen in the aqueduct chase was seamless. The sound was probably the true standout, as they piped the fucking thing through the roof and it was astounding how violent the T1000 music stings and its general sound design was handled. The lever shotgun cannon has never sounded so damn satisfying.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Throne of Blood

A mixture of Russ talking about watching some Kurosawa and reading about the new Joel Cohen Macbeth adaptation lead us to watching this tonight on HBO Max. I had never seen this, and Sarah had never seen any Kurosawa film. She loves Macbeth, I love Kurosawa. So we dug into it, and it's really good! Shocking, I know. Definitely worth a watch, and it fucking MOVES. There is no wasted moment.

Comment

• Werewolves Within was fucking great. A ton of fun, great characters, and just a nice snappy flick. Plus the AT&T girl is fucking SMOKING HOT in this one. That dance scene with Ace of Base? *SWOOOOOOON*

Probably one of the "best" video game movies out there.

Highly recommended.

Comment

• Made it like 30 mins into Space Jam 2. I have ZERO love for the first one (I think it's trash and it's been trash since it came out) but I was mildly curious about the WB integration and holy shit it's so jarring and just wrong headed over all. Also, Lebron is fucking terrible. Seeing Mad Max live action in a kid's cartoon was weird. PG Rick and Morty showing up was weird. It's all just so weird. And the worst part imo was a scene where Lebron was talking about the team he wanted (Iron Giant, King Kong, Trinity, etc...) would have been much more entertaining than the toons. Which is a shame because I love Looney Tunes but ooooof. I know I'm not the target audience but man this is just so odd.

Comment

• Barb and Star.

Ehhhhhh…. I think I laughed twice? I’ll agree with (I think) Rob about it not being what I expected, but that’s about the best I can say. I won’t be watching this one again.
                    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      hahahaha. I like the idea if you guys come into contact you both immediately explode into nothingness.
                      It is pretty damn funny.

ETA: I slept through Space Jam 2 because Lebron was HORRIBAD
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Rambo:Last Blood.

Wtf was this nonsense? It in no way needed to be a Rambo movie (but assuming it was done for people to come to check it out) and it makes no sense with the character BUT I was thoroughly entertained with watching Sly fucking DECIMATE sex traffickers. I mean, it's not a Rambo movie BUT it is an amazingly over the top gore version of Home Alone (at least the last 25 min is).

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          Throne of Blood

A mixture of Russ talking about watching some Kurosawa and reading about the new Joel Cohen Macbeth adaptation lead us to watching this tonight on HBO Max. I had never seen this, and Sarah had never seen any Kurosawa film. She loves Macbeth, I love Kurosawa. So we dug into it, and it's really good! Shocking, I know. Definitely worth a watch, and it fucking MOVES. There is no wasted moment.
                          I ended up watching this not too long after Ran as well. Question regarding the arrows scene: too many or not enough?

And have you both seen the Polanski version before?
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post

I ended up watching this not too long after Ran as well. Question regarding the arrows scene: too many or not enough?

And have you both seen the Polanski version before?
                            Arrows - A couple more could do. I mean, gotta make sure. Always double tap?

Polanksi - We have not. We actually read about it after watching Throne of Blood. We were having a discussion on if we want to watch it or not...but Sarah barely can stomach Rosemary's Baby anymore and it's her favorite film of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              Rambo:Last Blood.

Wtf was this nonsense? It in no way needed to be a Rambo movie (but assuming it was done for people to come to check it out) and it makes no sense with the character BUT I was thoroughly entertained with watching Sly fucking DECIMATE sex traffickers. I mean, it's not a Rambo movie BUT it is an amazingly over the top gore version of Home Alone (at least the last 25 min is).
                              LAST BLOOD is a terrible movie. The third act stuff is pretty good but the journey there is overly long and poorly executed. Just a terrible movie.

As to us, we watched WRATH OF MAN, the latest Statham movie. Very, very good. Nice and intense. I'll avoid spoilers and just say to go into it clean because there are some plot revelations that come in act 2 that I was not expecting that really elevated the material. Also, the third act reminded me a lot of the bank robbery scene in HEAT in terms of intensity.

Very solid movie.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Man, Wrath of Man looked terrible but you and Josh both loved it. If Matt and Josh are on the same movie page I gotta watch it.

Comment

Working...
                                X