Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear Street 1978 - This was much more fun than the first one. Anytime kids are getting killed in a horror movie I dig it. Too bad they were mostly off screen. Actors were better overall because it at least felt like a love letter to the F13 flicks which had terrible actors so it didn't matter. The gross shit under the camp was neat and I am now looking forward to 1666.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Fear Street 1666 - The first half was a bit slow and super cliche.
      Last edited by BillyG; 07-19-2021, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, I didn't really love 1666 but the part 2 of 1994 was fun.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          Fear Street 1666 - The first half was a bit slow and super cliche.
          I have no idea where the rest of my post went? 1994 part 2 was fun as hell. I hope the cliffhanger becomes something.

Comment

• No Sudden Moves - On HBO Max. It's good, but kind of a disappointment? It's a Soderbergh heist/crime movie set in the late 50s with just an incredible cast. Dude knows how to make an ensemble. But tonally it was just kind of weird, and never picked where it wanted to land. It tried to be serious "one last job" movie, super serious commentary on systemic racism and the destruction of minority communities to develop freeways, and also wacky Burn After Reading black comedy caper story. Worth a watch, but it should have just been a 3 episode mini series or something to give all the elements slightly more room to breathe.

Comment

• Netflix was dumb not to release those Fear Street flicks every week in October instead of July. While I hated the first one a whole bunch, as a whole this series mostly worked for me. I dug the 1666 shit but they should have just said "fuck it" to the accents because those were rough. The finale worked and it was nice not to be hit over the head with constant musical stings. As much as James Gunn killed it in the original Guardians, he made all other movies worse that try to copy it.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• do not...I repeat, DO NOT...watch GUNPOWDER MILKSHAKE on Netflix. You have been warned.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• That shit looked terrible, I wasn't planning on it. Good to hear that my initial impression may have been correct.

Comment

• A Quiet Place 2. It was a movie. Completely unnecessary but I didn't like the first one that much. Even without digging the first one, this one brought absolutely nothing new to the table. No new information or anything about the creatures. Bored as fuck during it.

Comment

• I must respectfully disagree on A QUIET PLACE 2. My wife and I really liked it, although we did like the first one (which you did not). I enjoyed how the deaf girl was made the 'lead' of this new one. She's a really, really good young actress and I admired her dynamic with Cillian Murphy.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• We all like different shit, but in my opinion there was absolutely no reason for this to exist. It didn't push the narrative further or introduce anything new. That was my big problem. Shit, even if it had an ending stinger that was meant to show something new for the obvious next entry would have worked. Otherwise it was the same thing as the first one but in a neighborhood.

Comment

• Every review I read of Quiet Place 2 was a mix of both your opinions. No reason to exist, but it's good and Murphy rules. I gotta watch it eventually.

Comment

• it's free on Paramount + if you have it

Comment

• Cillian Murphy is indeed great in it but it's the deaf daughter who really impresses.

As to taking it anywhere new, I more or less agree but the introduction of other people, most of whom are 'good', helps with the whole question of how many survivors are out there. Also, we learn that the creatures cannot swim. Also also, the whole 'weak to sonic feedback' angle is built upon and enhanced and, assuming there's a third entry, you can expect the usage of that on a larger scale.

Comment

• Lifeforce was... a movie. Oooof.

It had me thinking and going over everything. This combined with how fucked up this turned out and the fallout shoots with The Funhouse and Venom has me convinced Hooper didn't direct Poltergeist.
                                Originally posted by Ari
                                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
                                X