Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yep, saw that! Of note, CHINATOWN KID will be the newly restored version...I'm anxious as hell to see that finally!

I'm going to wait to see if it hits Amazon US. It's on Amazon's UK site so I'm hoping it hits the US version for pre-order.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      re: Fear Night 1994

If I was a teenager with no background in horror movies whatsoever this may have been okay. As a 40 year old male who has watched horror flicks since he was a child, this was ehhhhhhhhhh. When you are ripping off other movies it helps to not be so goddamn blatent about it. This shit is SCREAM from top to bottom but with a supernatural twist. Boooo.

1 good kill and 1 okay kill in the whole thing. Otherwise it was just people getting stabbed. Boring.

Soundtrack was good (as in the songs are all already on my spotify list) but were played out like WW84. You can't have a fucking musical sting every minute. IT RUINS THE IMPACT.

If you've never seen any Supernatural episodes or any American Horror Story seasons then I can see how you may think this was inventive. It played out like any given season of both of those shows just condensed to an hour and 47 mins. Actors were terribad especially the kid that wants to be Johnny Pemberton. Silly logic lapses aside, the one thing this did do right is it made me want to see the next one if only because the summer camp motif is a better sell to me than bullshit 90's nostalgia.

OOOOH B DALTONS... OOOOOH CHUNKY SHOES....OOOOOH AOL

Also, they bitched out with not having ANY of those Shadyside kids smoking cigs. EVERY KID I KNEW was smoking in the 90s, more so if you're a lesbian going through some shit.
      Who let Hocken back on the forum?

"Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• One of those films with an infallible reputation that I’ve skirted committing to for decades, or at least until the end of this past week: Kurosawa’s Ran.

Sweet Jesus, what an experience. Absolutely stellar in execution and modifying Lear and period specific folklore to tell a tragedy brought upon not by predestination but out of the will to cruelty and desire for control, where choices made create the inescapable ruination of a bloodline. There are sequences that struck so hard a chord that I still see them when I close my eyes, so crystalline they are as visual storytelling at their most potent and focused. I will refrain from putting down more words to jerk off about this movie, but it was like a lightning bolt of creativity I haven’t witnessed in a long while.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I have been meaning to do a big rewatch of all my Kurosawa Criterion DVDs because a lot of people were talking about Ran when Ghost of Tsushima came out, and I haven't watched it in like 15 years. Once this house renovation is done and I can get back into my DVD's that are boxed up I think I will finally do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
            Who let Hocken back on the forum?
            Sorry man. That movie was balls.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Fear Street 1978

I liked it too. Maybe not quite as much as 1994, since I enjoy fun unlike SOME people, but it's still a good time. I wish we got more of the other killers. Really my only big complaint.

Comment

• I like nonsense as much as the next guy, but holy hell 1994 was a terrible movie. If it was filled with memorable kills then it'd get a pass but it had 1 great kill that felt like it came out of a much better and more fun movie and the rest were mehhhhh.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  I have been meaning to do a big rewatch of all my Kurosawa Criterion DVDs because a lot of people were talking about Ran when Ghost of Tsushima came out, and I haven't watched it in like 15 years. Once this house renovation is done and I can get back into my DVD's that are boxed up I think I will finally do that.
                  The culling I did of physical media during the move was painful, as my library shifted to digital and I lost a lot of my criterions in the process. Sometimes I wish I had them back, as is now the case with Kurosawa. The criterion channel does not have the lion’s share of his work up for viewing and that’s a miscarriage of curation by any metric.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    I like nonsense as much as the next guy
                    No you don’t, you like Taco Bell.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post

The culling I did of physical media during the move was painful, as my library shifted to digital and I lost a lot of my criterions in the process. Sometimes I wish I had them back, as is now the case with Kurosawa. The criterion channel does not have the lion’s share of his work up for viewing and that’s a miscarriage of curation by any metric.
                      When we get the house renovation done I am doing a purge of physical media and making a NAS for our movies. I am keeping 4k blurays and criterion discs only.

Comment

• Definitely the way to go. Probably should have done likewise (circling plenty of discs to restart like a madman) but the time crunch was a shit.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post

No you don’t, you like Taco Bell.

Comment

• At least nobody here is going out with Squeak
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• While I'm physical media forever. I don't look forward to ever moving again.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• It’s not an ideal setup to be sure and I truly loathe the idea of a trend toward renewed calls of censorship that plagues the ready access to whatever one wishes to view in their own time, the convenience of being without the burden of so much material in a rented space is hard to deny.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X