Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
    Ok, good to know I'm not completely nuts. Also read a theory today that the previous dead teams are actually the same team and that there's a nod to a time loop of some sort. Apparently one of the dead bodies has the same necklace as one of the actresses. They should have dropped all the daughter shit and leaned into that some, much cooler concept IMO.
    It's not a theory, so much as what is happening.

Dude laid out this giant arc and then led with a movie that required an anime and prequel film to help set up.

Since I take forever to do anything anymore, I'll lead off with the painfully obvious and yet somehow buried in the film points.

They're aliens (well mutated human/alien hybrids resembling zombies). Vanderhoe or whatever his name will eventually become Zeus, get captured by Area 51 and timeline resets. The whole thing is a divine intervention disease movie that leans closer to Nightmare City than anything Romero ever did.

As much as there is prequel content, I believe Snyder wants to return for a sequel to wrap up the cycle. I admire what the guy wants to do, but he can't execute for shit.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Cruella. If was good enough to keep my attention, but that’s about it. Emma Stone’s accent was passible, Emma Thompson was lovely as the villain, Mark Strong did his thing. The mid credit scene was a bit of an eye roll from me. Char loved it and has watched a couple of times.

The only reason we watched was because Thomas got ahold of the remote and bought it. Turd.
      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• I love the cast of Cruella and it seems like a good choice for a 3 cocktails, takeout, and bad movie night. Yes/No?

Comment

• Under those conditions, you’ll probably enjoy it more than I did. I didn’t hate it, I just don’t know that I’ll watch it again unless Charlotte asks me to.
          Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

It's not a theory, so much as what is happening.

Dude laid out this giant arc and then led with a movie that required an anime and prequel film to help set up.

Since I take forever to do anything anymore, I'll lead off with the painfully obvious and yet somehow buried in the film points.

They're aliens (well mutated human/alien hybrids resembling zombies). Vanderhoe or whatever his name will eventually become Zeus, get captured by Area 51 and timeline resets. The whole thing is a divine intervention disease movie that leans closer to Nightmare City than anything Romero ever did.

As much as there is prequel content, I believe Snyder wants to return for a sequel to wrap up the cycle. I admire what the guy wants to do, but he can't execute for shit.
            Appreciate you sir, Thanks.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Conjuring 3 - Absolutely terrible. They turned it into an action movie. Dull, nonsensical, and why did the marketing make it look like it was about Amityville? Avoid.

Bo Burnham's Inside - The first half is a legitimate comedy classic, but it loses steam in the second half. Which makes sense because he's becoming unraveled over the pandemic making it. Overall a really incredible thing that should be seen.

Comment

• I, Tonya - Loved the hell out of this film. Everyone from Margot Robbie to Sebastian Stan to Allison Janney to Paul Hauser just nailed these great performances and were funny as fuck at times. Film doesn't drag a bit, the skating scenes are amazing, and you can tell this was a major passion project for Robbie in every scene she was in.

Hauser's Shawn steals every scene he's in - that character is such an asshat you're torn with either wanting to tussle his hair or punch him repeatedly.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  Conjuring 3 - Absolutely terrible. They turned it into an action movie. Dull, nonsensical, and why did the marketing make it look like it was about Amityville? Avoid.
                  Shit was terrrrrrrriiiible. That opening exorcism was baaaaad.

The first flick was a great ghost story. The second film was not great and started this franchise down the path of CGI AND LOUD NOISES. Ed and Lorraine were fucking charlatans.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Streets of Fire - Absolutely no idea how I never saw this before. Sarah's dad is OBSESSED with this movie, like busted 2 VHS and ruined a DVD watching it so much. Insane watching this now and just getting hit with the million things it influenced, or how many things just straight up were stolen from it. Also, I was trying to remember where I knew the lead actor from and it was Eddie and the Fucking Cruisers. God, my dad loved those shit movies so much. But yeah, Streets of Fire is good as fuck.

Comment

Streets of Fire - Absolutely no idea how I never saw this before. Sarah's dad is OBSESSED with this movie, like busted 2 VHS and ruined a DVD watching it so much. Insane watching this now and just getting hit with the million things it influenced, or how many things just straight up were stolen from it. Also, I was trying to remember where I knew the lead actor from and it was Eddie and the Fucking Cruisers. God, my dad loved those shit movies so much. But yeah, Streets of Fire is good as fuck.
                      When I interviewed Albert Pyun, dude has just finished an unofficial DTV sequel to Streets of Fire. It was OK, music was great. It was also super apparent that Michael Pare was playing the same character.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Which one is that?

Comment

Which one is that?
                          Road to Hell.
                          https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1253859...=nm_flmg_dr_10

Comment

• John Bronco. Holy shit man, I wish this was more than 38 mins dammit. Goggins is the man. It's on Hulu. Watch it if you like Goggins/mockumentaries. The shit with him and Doug Flutie was hilarious.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I may be in the minority but the first Eddie and the Cruisers is fucking awesome.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Last night I watched Doctor Detroit followed by The Doors.

I think, 'twixt those two films, the ultimate truth lies.

Comment

Working...
                                X