Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALIENS AND ZOMBIES AND ROBOT ZOMBIES. Like, I should love this movie. But holy shit it actively made me mad when we watched it. I'm the asshole that usually just turns off his brain for the pretty colors and gore for movies like this, but it was so goddamn stupid from the beginning that Ceej, Lesley and I just couldn't get behind it. We were just heckling this movie throughout.

Also, Blue Screen Notaro was fucking distracting as all hell but not as much as his dumb shallow focus shit the whole movie.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      ALIENS AND ZOMBIES AND ROBOT ZOMBIES. Like, I should love this movie. But holy shit it actively made me mad when we watched it. I'm the asshole that usually just turns off his brain for the pretty colors and gore for movies like this, but it was so goddamn stupid from the beginning that Ceej, Lesley and I just couldn't get behind it. We were just heckling this movie throughout.

Also, Blue Screen Notaro was fucking distracting as all hell but not as much as his dumb shallow focus shit the whole movie.
      Blue Screen Notaro was so bad that I want it to happen in more movies that these whiners get edited to suit their mood du jour.

It's fucking dumb and really expensive. Plus, who are you appeasing? The same people that were too good to watch this movie in the first place? Twitter? Has anyone turned a profit by making Twitter happy?
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

Blue Screen Notaro was so bad that I want it to happen in more movies that these whiners get edited to suit their mood du jour.

It's fucking dumb and really expensive. Plus, who are you appeasing? The same people that were too good to watch this movie in the first place? Twitter? Has anyone turned a profit by making Twitter happy?
        hhaha, Ceej and I said the same thing.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• You know a Snyder movie is ass when Rob hates it.
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
            You know a Snyder movie is ass when Rob hates it.

for reals. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN ONE OF MY NEW FAVORITE MOVIES BY ALL ACCOUNTS.

Comment

• That depth of field shit made me think I had glaucoma.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

for reals. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN ONE OF MY NEW FAVORITE MOVIES BY ALL ACCOUNTS.
                Seriously. It's such a cool Goddamn concept. To the point where you have to go out of your way to fuck it up... and Snyder couldn't control himself. Which sums up his problem.

He has zero self-control and is in desperate need of a strong producer to tell him off. Support the great ideas and nix the bad ones.

By that measure, his wife is a terrible producer.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• After the last few days, I've been collecting as many High Quality fan edits, bootlegs, obscure titles, etc that I can get my hands on.

Halloween I and II edited together.
                  Kill Bill Full Cut
                  Hateful Eight Roadshow Version with Intermission I haven't seen since 2015

Lots of stuff like that.

I'll post screenshots when the time comes.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I'd love to see all of those.

Comment

• If they had cut out the daughter/random lady she met side story I would have enjoyed Army of the dead more. I didn't hate it like Rob but I can see why he did. I went in with zero expectations which probably helped. Notaro stuck out bc of the blue screen shit but I never noticed the "dead pixel" shit I keep reading about. What's up with that? Am I just old and going blind or what?
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                        If they had cut out the daughter/random lady she met side story I would have enjoyed Army of the dead more. I didn't hate it like Rob but I can see why he did. I went in with zero expectations which probably helped. Notaro stuck out bc of the blue screen shit but I never noticed the "dead pixel" shit I keep reading about. What's up with that? Am I just old and going blind or what?
                        Apparently it doesn't show up on all TVs? I was reading something about that, because I didn't notice it either.

Comment

• Ok, good to know I'm not completely nuts. Also read a theory today that the previous dead teams are actually the same team and that there's a nod to a time loop of some sort. Apparently one of the dead bodies has the same necklace as one of the actresses. They should have dropped all the daughter shit and leaned into that some, much cooler concept IMO.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Again, this is the first Snyder movie I just can't get behind, because again, everything you're saying may be peppered through out the movie BUT it's shot so poorly and with such a terrible script it doesn't matter in the long run.

It's a bunch of neat ideas just put together slapdash and sloppy. I've watched so many fucking "THE COOL SHIT YOU DIDN'T NOTICE!" in this movie and it just cements the fact that he legit dropped the fucking ball with this one.

Comment

• It’s a mess and none of the ideas were fleshed out well and the overuse of the shallow depth of field must be shamed until the man learns to use lenses again. Larry Fong should beat him with a shoe until he acts right.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• For the record neither of you are wrong, and I'm not arguing that you are. I just had ZERO expectations and I didn't hate it. I really want Dave Bautista to succeed to so there's that. I don't want to seem like I'm trying to disprove either of you because I do see what you're saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X