Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss Level was fucking amazing. So much fun. GRILLO is the mannnnn.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Possessor - The Cronenberg genes run deep. I probably need to give this another watch because I was exhausted from doing a bunch of work on the house, and couldn't give it my full attention. The thing that stands out is it gives Bone Tomahawk levels of love to the violence.

Comment

• That wasn't bad. A bit more style over substance but some supremely fucked up scenes.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Watched the Sonic movie. It's way better than it should be, and it's more entertaining than any Sonic game. I'd watch another.

Comment

• THAT'S WHAT I SAID LAST YEAR AND WAS MOCKED.

Wasn't the worst, was entertaining for what it was and that ending is what I want them to do in the sequel.

Comment

• Freddy's Dead

It's real obvious why this was my favorite as a kid. It was my first Elm Street, and it's so cartoonish, and has the Power Glove shit. Carlos' hearing aid kill remains in a lock with "welcome to prime time bitch" as my favorite kill in the series. I fucking love that it opened with a Nietzsche quote then was like "Welcome to prime time, bitch" - Fred Krueger. Sets the tone for how goofy it gets. But overall it's pretty fucking boring. Which is a bummer because it's a great mirror to the 3rd one where Langenkamp works at a kids center. it gives some weight and shows that Freddy is more clever than we thought. He knows his hunting style, and just needs a new deer lease with fresh meat.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                Freddy's Dead

It's real obvious why this was my favorite as a kid. It was my first Elm Street, and it's so cartoonish, and has the Power Glove shit. Carlos' hearing aid kill remains in a lock with "welcome to prime time bitch" as my favorite kill in the series. I fucking love that it opened with a Nietzsche quote then was like "Welcome to prime time, bitch" - Fred Krueger. Sets the tone for how goofy it gets. But overall it's pretty fucking boring. Which is a bummer because it's a great mirror to the 3rd one where Langenkamp works at a kids center. it gives some weight and shows that Freddy is more clever than we thought. He knows his hunting style, and just needs a new deer lease with fresh meat.
                The oddest thing I found out in the last 6 months was that John Doe from this movie is in one of my LinkedIn marketing groups.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Still dumb enough to think he's Freddy's kid?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    Still dumb enough to think he's Freddy's kid?
                    Nah. But his kid is an actor now. She was in Love and Monsters.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• The only good things about Freddy's Dead are: Carlos's death, pre-burned Freddy interacting with his wife/daughter, and the trips through his past. Lol Alice Cooper....

Otherwise it's a boring as fuck film that killed the character to the point that Craven had to go meta with it to make it scary again.

That being said, much like Billy this wasn't technically my "first" Elm Street but this is the one where my parents were okay with me having the collectible movie magazine thanks to how silly the movie was.

I was the coolest kid on the bus thanks to that magazine.

Comment

• My parents were always cool with buying me Fangoria, so I probably read a million articles about Elm Street before I saw one.

Comment

• Sneakers

Haven't watched this since probably like 98? 97? Still just a lot of fun. Amazing cast. "Young" Ben Kingsley is fucking creepy to look at it. I appreciate Akroyd just being an amped up version of himself. David Stathairn is always the MVP when he's in a movie. Donal Logue as a shit head silicon valley think tank dude is hilarious.

Comment

• FUCKING LOVE SNEAKERS.

One of the best "hacker" movies ever made. Also Aykroyd as Mother is just him now. Love it.

Comment

• Sneakers is tremendous.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• SNEAKERS is great. Love it.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X