Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He makes it so easy, though.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I'm not going to argue that point cause it's not wrong.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I won't say he hasn't been in good projects, but he's long since phoned it in enough times for a moratorium to take effect.

His brother though, has never been in anything good. Maybe Alison Brie, but that's it.
        Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-19-2021, 02:56 PM.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• But to add to the topic, watched Polanski's Tess the other day.

Kinski is not a very good lead. My post was eaten.

Summary of what was there: it's a technically proficient but ultimately emotionally distant film due to putting so much on the shoulders of a novice lead. What is there is interesting as an experiment, but the results are not very satisfying for the amount of misery to the drama. Were it another actress in the role, this could have been a very good adaptation.
          Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-19-2021, 01:42 PM.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I don't think that was the reason, probably something more mundane like I was busy when it came out and just never got to it. I don't even remember people talking about it to be honest.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• That's because it was essentially DOA. I only gave it a chance because I was baked and it was 5 bucks on iTunes. Turned out I dug the shit out of it and the world it built only to be bummed that we'll never get a sequel.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                But to add to the topic, watched Polanski's Tess the other day.

Kinski is not a very good lead. My post was eaten.

Summary of what was there: it's a technically proficient but ultimately emotionally distant film due to putting so much on the shoulders of a novice lead. What is there is interesting as an experiment, but the results are not very satisfying for the amount of misery to the drama. Were it another actress in the role, this could have been a very good adaptation.
                Tess is one of those movies that got praised upon release, but never really examined.

Even Polanski has off the cuff remarked that he did the movie as a way of making peace with his wife's death. His heart wasn't in the material past that.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I figured that had a hand in it's making (and was a part of the post that was consumed by the internet gremlins). I remember it being an off-hand reference in QT's last movie that was Roman's next film, so that makes sense it being made by a despondent person as that feeling is all over the film. Thanks for the added context as always. I appreciate it.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    That's because it was essentially DOA. I only gave it a chance because I was baked and it was 5 bucks on iTunes. Turned out I dug the shit out of it and the world it built only to be bummed that we'll never get a sequel.
                    That's probably what it was. I think I'll check it out today as I'm off. Thanks for the recommendation.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                      I figured that had a hand in it's making (and was a part of the post that was consumed by the internet gremlins). I remember it being an off-hand reference in QT's last movie that was Roman's next film, so that makes sense it being made by a despondent person as that feeling is all over the film. Thanks for the added context as always. I appreciate it.
                      No problem. I've debated doing a Polanski coverage week at the site. But even the new content calendar is packed with shit almost to the end of Feb.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Damn, well it's high time I do a retrospective of my own. I've never seen his earlier films like Cul de Sac, Knife in the Water or Repulsion. That last one in particular beckons and has done so for the last several years but I've found some reason or another to put it off.

It's not like I'm going anywhere near a rep theatre anytime soon.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Freaky

If you like the Happy Death Day movies, and you should because they're a lot of fun, you'll like Freaky. Same tone, same goal, same awesome gore and sense of humor about it. Better than I expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                            Freaky

If you like the Happy Death Day movies, and you should because they're a lot of fun, you'll like Freaky. Same tone, same goal, same awesome gore and sense of humor about it. Better than I expected.
                            Won't lie, this one surprised me. I was expecting terrible but enjoyed it. The middle son HAD to see it and I was like UGH...he was right.

Comment

• finally checked out Tenet and checked out about an hour in. This was dumb. Nolan needs to take a step back and make some smaller movies again. This shit felt like he saw a kid using an instagram filter and decided "Hey, I'll make a movie outta that."

dumb.

Comment

• Also, lulz to everyone who pandered to him to see this in a theater during a pandemic. I'm sure you helped him sleep a bit better in his mansion.

Comment

Working...
                                X