Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS: Still one of the most incredibly stupid movies that I've ever seen but...BUT...can be a lot of fun if you just enjoy it for the action/spectacle. I'm by no means defending or re-appraising the film (it's still one of the worst of the Trek films) but I was able to enjoy it somewhat based on the visuals.

VACATION: it'd been a long time since my last viewing. It was very funny but I forgot how much Chevy mugged for the camera in this one. I remembered him being more restrained. I still enjoyed it but his constant mugging got abrasive after a while.

EUROPEAN VACATION: a big step downward from the first film but it still has its good moments. The actress playing the daughter almost complete renders the film unwatchable, though...she's absolutely horrible.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I just can't do Into Darkness. It's so boring while it's trying not to be which is a feat in and of itself.

Gave the 4k Fellowship of the Ring Extended a watch last night. The only Tolkien movie I can make it through. It look glorious but man some of this shit does not hold up. Like anytime Gandalf was around the hobbits it's now painfully clear that when it's not forced perspective, it's comped in via green screen and he's just staring off into space. Not sure if I'm going to make it through Two Towers and RotK but I'll try.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Tim, no hope is needed. That movie is so shit I'm sure Hocken LOVED it.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          I just can't do Into Darkness. It's so boring while it's trying not to be which is a feat in and of itself.

Gave the 4k Fellowship of the Ring Extended a watch last night. The only Tolkien movie I can make it through. It look glorious but man some of this shit does not hold up. Like anytime Gandalf was around the hobbits it's now painfully clear that when it's not forced perspective, it's comped in via green screen and he's just staring off into space. Not sure if I'm going to make it through Two Towers and RotK but I'll try.
          Sarah was going to grab me the 4K versions, but they were sold out leading to Xmas. They tried to do some work to clean up FX that looked odd in 4K, but shit like this makes me not want to see the 4K version.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post

EUROPEAN VACATION: a big step downward from the first film but it still has its good moments. The actress playing the daughter almost complete renders the film unwatchable, though...she's absolutely horrible.
            She died 20 years ago, so not that big of a problem. My wife insanely loves the German section.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Speaking of the dead, what really happened to the nards kid from Monster Squad?
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Brent died to medical issues according to the documentary I watched this weekend.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• It's the "in Vegas" part that raised my eyebrow when I read about it.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Promising Young Woman

I thought the trailers really sold this as a modern, and maybe way slicker, I Spit On Your Grave, but it is definitely not that. I liked it a lot. And it's not a horror movie, aside from the horror of the shit women deal with daily. But yes, good movie, crazy fucking ending. Will return to it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      Promising Young Woman

I thought the trailers really sold this as a modern, and maybe way slicker, I Spit On Your Grave, but it is definitely not that. I liked it a lot. And it's not a horror movie, aside from the horror of the shit women deal with daily. But yes, good movie, crazy fucking ending. Will return to it again.
                      It really is one of those movies that a lot of people are reading into based on their personal bias.

But, it says a lot about how it's not a crime to just let shit go. What Carey Mulligan does in the film is wasted on many people, as she becomes a villain to enforce her sense of justice that even the victim's family doesn't want to happen.

She's every single SJW online revenge fantasy given life, but shown to be cruel and misinformed as the root cause really doesn't have shit to do with her. Her only involvement in the pursuit for revenge is based on that she thinks she could've been a better friend.

Layers upon layers.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

It really is one of those movies that a lot of people are reading into based on their personal bias.

But, it says a lot about how it's not a crime to just let shit go. What Carey Mulligan does in the film is wasted on many people, as she becomes a villain to enforce her sense of justice that even the victim's family doesn't want to happen.

She's every single SJW online revenge fantasy given life, but shown to be cruel and misinformed as the root cause really doesn't have shit to do with her. Her only involvement in the pursuit for revenge is based on that she thinks she could've been a better friend.

Layers upon layers.
                        I would LOVE to find a good interview with the writer/director.

Comment

• Archenemy. Woooboy. There was something neat here but this needed a few passes over the script OR a budget to make it work. The animated bits were terrible and fucking distracting. Joe's gruff voice was HARD AS BALLS to understand during ANY of the animated parts. Indigo was terrible. Hamster was decent. Dennis was fucking ridiculous.

Jersh, if you liked this, check out KIN. That would probably be up your alley and in my opinion is more interesting and entertaining than this.

That being said, Joe does deserve a decent superhero flick someday since we'll never get a true Deathstroke movie with him.

Comment

• Watched Kong '76 with Lesley this weekend as I was in the mood for some silliness. I still enjoy the heck out of this flick for it's earnestness but holy hell is Jessica Lange's character still the fucking worst. I've seen this countless times but for whatever reason the bit with her name stuck out to me in this rewatch.

For the uninitiated her name in this is Dwan instead of Dawn because in her own words "It's more memorable so I switched the two letters around". That is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard and hearing The Big Lebowski constantly yell her dumb fuckingname was hilarious. The FX by Baker's team are still pretty decent and often end up being unintentionally hilarious when Kong is getting off to Dwan's tits.

Also please refer to me as Roterb now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              Archenemy. Woooboy. There was something neat here but this needed a few passes over the script OR a budget to make it work. The animated bits were terrible and fucking distracting. Joe's gruff voice was HARD AS BALLS to understand during ANY of the animated parts. Indigo was terrible. Hamster was decent. Dennis was fucking ridiculous.

Jersh, if you liked this, check out KIN. That would probably be up your alley and in my opinion is more interesting and entertaining than this.

That being said, Joe does deserve a decent superhero flick someday since we'll never get a true Deathstroke movie with him.
                              I actually liked the animated parts and had no issues with Joe's voice, but I can understand it not being for everybody. Indigo was bad though. I'll give Kin a go, I remember the ads for it but not sure why I didn't check it out yet.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Probably because everyone said it sucked and everyone likes to hate on James Franco.

Comment

Working...
                                X