Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, why didn't anyone tell me that Dracula Untold was so fucking awesome and silly? I kind of loved this and am kind of bummed I won't get more of this in the future. So much more fun than that shitty Mummy remake. I want more Charles Dance vampire action dammit.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      Wait, what? Like he recruits Xmen and shit? Or more like getting X-Force again but "real".

Nick Fury by way of Stan Lee.

He appears in bit roles in almost everything. Is still tabbed to be part of the finalized Thunderbolts, even though...

Spoiler: Plus talk 
      they start getting formed during Winter Soldier and Falcon
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        Man, why didn't anyone tell me that Dracula Untold was so fucking awesome and silly? I kind of loved this and am kind of bummed I won't get more of this in the future. So much more fun than that shitty Mummy remake. I want more Charles Dance vampire action dammit.
        Glad I'm not the only one who liked it. I went in going 'this is going to suck' and ended up being entertained.

As to me:
        I've re-watched a couple of Tom Cruise sci fi films over the past few days:

MINORITY REPORT:
        Very good with some interesting ideas in there but there's an emphasis on humor that doesn't really gel with the subject matter. I didn't remember it leaning into the humor as much as it did and I was surprised at how often the film seemed to undercut the story by throwing in a joke. That said, it's a great story well told and the production design/special effects are amazing.

EDGE OF TOMORROW (aka LIVE. DIE. REPEAT)
        Loved it then, loved it still. Here's a film where the humor is integrated organically and really works, especially considering Cruise's character in the first half of the film. It's also one of the best paced movies that I can remember seeing in recent years; I don't know what I'd cut from it. I know that some people have issues with the ending but honestly, I don't...it works in terms of tying things up and the final scene is actually right in line with both of the lead characters as they've been presented in the film. Great movie.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          Glad I'm not the only one who liked it. I went in going 'this is going to suck' and ended up being entertained.

As to me:
          I've re-watched a couple of Tom Cruise sci fi films over the past few days:

MINORITY REPORT:
          Very good with some interesting ideas in there but there's an emphasis on humor that doesn't really gel with the subject matter. I didn't remember it leaning into the humor as much as it did and I was surprised at how often the film seemed to undercut the story by throwing in a joke. That said, it's a great story well told and the production design/special effects are amazing.

EDGE OF TOMORROW (aka LIVE. DIE. REPEAT)
          Loved it then, loved it still. Here's a film where the humor is integrated organically and really works, especially considering Cruise's character in the first half of the film. It's also one of the best paced movies that I can remember seeing in recent years; I don't know what I'd cut from it. I know that some people have issues with the ending but honestly, I don't...it works in terms of tying things up and the final scene is actually right in line with both of the lead characters as they've been presented in the film. Great movie.
          Pretty much agreed on both of the Cruise movies. Edge of Tomorrow is damn near perfect in my book.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I rewatched both of his Jack Reacher films recently. Loved the shit out of both of 'em, as I'm a sucker for military flicks like that (see The General's Daughter and Basic with fellow worshipper of all things Hubbard John Travolta).

Comment

• the first JR is so, so very good. I sure wish the second one hadn't been so damned bad.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• It entertained me, but the subplot with the daughter reveal did feel kind of bolted on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  the first JR is so, so very good. I sure wish the second one hadn't been so damned bad.
                  Yep. The second one was trash which sucks due to how awesome the first was.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Picked up Fury Road on 4k last week. Gotdamn this shit looks good. Jesus.

Comment

• We watched the live-action Aladdin last night. I kind of dug it a bunch. I was stoned as shit and it was in 4k so maybe that's why? I mean it doesn't need to exist and I don't need to see it again for a long time but I was entertained the whole way through. CGI Will Smith was fucking distracting like crazy but crazy hot Jasmine made it worth while. Dude who played Jafar was terrible though.

Comment

• It's a great live action remake. I had zero expectations but I ended up enjoying that one immensely, especially when compared to the utterly useless LION KING remake.

Comment

• The Lion King was terrible. Made it about 15 minutes before bailing.

Comment

• We re-watched Citizen Kane and then watched Mank. I hadn't seen Kane in at least a decade, and I enjoyed it way more than I remembered. In my mind I remember it being a four hour slog that was pretty to look at, but that's not the case at all. It's just a hair under 2 hours and it fucking MOVES, especially for a movie that jumps back and forth in time over and over. The pacing is just really impressive. Streaming in HD made the makeup extremely noticeable.

Mank was a good time. It's movie about movies, so your mileage will vary there. But I really liked it, there's some incredible dialog and of course Oldman rules. Was cracking up when he says "I'm only 42!" because they absolutely had me thinking he was a 60 year old alcoholic bum.

And I watched Christmas Chronicles 2. Look it's dog shit, so was the first one, but Kurt Russell is charismatic as fuck and makes a perfect Santa. Five stars, will watch again.

Comment

• Started our Xmas movie watchlist last night with Home Alone. Doesn't matter how old I get, I still love this silly fucking movie.

Comment

• I could never get into HOME ALONE for some reason. I didn't see it theatrically, only later on home video, so I missed the communal laughter effect that would have made it sing, I guess. I just remember watching it with such high expectations and going...that's it? I've never gotten past that.

Comment

Working...
                                X