Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ending up watching IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS again last night. I told my wife the premise and she was intrigued by it, so I showed it to her. She really liked it as well. More than anything, I think she appreciated the sense of humor that the film had while everything was hitting the fan.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Vampries vs The Bronx - Silly and dumb and fun as hell. Enjoyed it. Perfect late at night half tired as fuck eating Taco Bell at 11pm movie.

Comment

• Southland Tales. I still fucking LOVE this weird shitty movie. Lesley had never seen it so I put it on yesterday afternoon while we were lounging. She thought it was terrible yet she had to finish it because of how weird it is.

I had forgotten just how many people show up in this. Eli Roth getting shot on the toilet in his one scene was pretty great still.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The Hollywood Knights. LOVE this movie, especially when I was watching the fuck out of this back in the early days of HBO in my neighborhood.

To see Michelle Pfeiffer, Tony Danza, Gary Graham, Robert Wuhl, Fran Drescher, Stuart Pankin, just starting out in this is still a kick. Plus, classic 60s cars, classic 80s comedy, and Wuhl farting along to Dean Martin's Volare NEVER gets old.

Comment

• oh man, I watched THE HOLLYWOOD KNIGHTS at a drive in theater waaaaaaaay back in the day and then a few times on HBO. Good memories.
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• "I'm glad I came.

I'm GLAD I came.

I'm glad I CAME."

Seeing Hollywood Knights before Arliss was strange to say the least.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• After watching Fran Drescher getting all sexed up in that scene ("I'm all hot and bothered here!"), I don't blame Newbomb for finishing early. Just sayin'.

Also... if BDR ever needs a theme song...

Comment

• New Mutants.

Color me surprised that this was actually....pretty decent? Boone wasn't lying when he said he took inspiration from the NOES series. This definitely had some of the creepiest visuals in any of the Marvel movies (until Raimi's Strange flick probably), I actually liked the characters and their stories, and I kinda of want to see more of these people (even though I know I won't).

I'm not familiar enough with the source material to know how or if they botched them, but considering this movie has been in limbo for years and all of the other shenanigans behind the scenes, this was decent.

That being said, holy shit stop hiring actors who can't do accents to do accents.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    New Mutants.

Color me surprised that this was actually....pretty decent? Boone wasn't lying when he said he took inspiration from the NOES series. This definitely had some of the creepiest visuals in any of the Marvel movies (until Raimi's Strange flick probably), I actually liked the characters and their stories, and I kinda of want to see more of these people (even though I know I won't).

I'm not familiar enough with the source material to know how or if they botched them, but considering this movie has been in limbo for years and all of the other shenanigans behind the scenes, this was decent.

That being said, holy shit stop hiring actors who can't do accents to do accents.

Much like with Deadpool, there is a plan to reframe the characters for the MCU.

But, they've got less baggage than Deadpool with the MCU plans as apparently Reynolds isn't gelling with Disney.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• oh nice. Sucks about Reynolds but DP3 will be huge no matter what and no way would they not go forward with it without Reynolds, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                        Much like with Deadpool, there is a plan to reframe the characters for the MCU.

But, they've got less baggage than Deadpool with the MCU plans as apparently Reynolds isn't gelling with Disney.

So is there actually any substance to the rumors that Feige offered a megadeal to Reynolds and wants to kinda anchor the next years with deadpool?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
                          So is there actually any substance to the rumors that Feige offered a megadeal to Reynolds and wants to kinda anchor the next years with deadpool?

There is and if it was only Feige's call, it would be a done deal.

But, other parties at Disney have really pissed off Reynolds. What's funny is that Reynolds actually has enough outside business and income sources that he can tell Mouse House to go fuck themselves.

It's not like Brie Larson being marched to everyone under the Disney umbrella in an attempt to find something for her to do.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Not gonna lie, I honestly can't see anyone playing Deadpool but him at the moment. Recasting would blow shit UNLESS they truly break the fourth wall and tell everyone how shitty they are and that's why Ryan walked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              Not gonna lie, I honestly can't see anyone playing Deadpool but him at the moment. Recasting would blow shit UNLESS they truly break the fourth wall and tell everyone how shitty they are and that's why Ryan walked.

Well, the initial pitch was to have Deadpool as the mutant version of Nick Fury but remembering the entirety of the FOX years.

Comment

• Wait, what? Like he recruits Xmen and shit? Or more like getting X-Force again but "real".

Comment

Working...
                                X