Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was a giant unfunny piece of shit.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
      He just had to shoot that biker. Flyboy gonna flyboy.

Flyboy was the brother of the former dean at my college. He was gone as Dean by the time I got there, but still had an office.

So, I'm 18 and see a picture in his office and I'm like You a Big Dawn of the Dead fan? And he's like Yeah, my little brother used to do cheap movies in the 70s and he never spoke of it again.

Yet, he had a picture from the movie framed and signed by his brother. So, I always stared at wondering...did his brother just hand these out? Flyboy hadn't acted in a movie since 92.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
        Watched the female-centric Ghostbusters with the in-laws Sunday afternoon and... it was OK. No idea why so many folks were up in arms about this.
        I wouldn?t say I was up in arms, per se. I gave it a shot. I enjoy all the comedians individually and I wouldn?t kick Hemsworth outta bed. But as Rob said, it?s an unfunny hunk of shit. The women had NO chemistry with each other and the plot was turrible.
        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• It was a slap to the face of fans of the original. I legit hate this movie from top to bottom. Not one single redeeming thing in it.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• And fuck Bill Murray.

Comment

• I thought what’s her face was entertaining, the weird Egon, but it was like she was acting in a completely different movie. It’s definitely not good.

Comment

• Kate is usually funny. She was painfully unfunny in this. Gah, thanks for opening up old wounds Tim

Comment

• the only character who worked for me was Leslie Jones. She cracked me up more than the others. Kate McKinnon was in 'I'm weird' mode and didn't mesh with the rest of the film, although she did have a few good moments here and there.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Guess I'm the asshole that thinks it's fine. We saw it, laughed, and I wouldn't say no if it was on TV. And I'm the dipshit kid that wrote "Ghostbusters Theme Song" as my favorite song in Kindergarten.

Comment

• Bad improv and a mad libs plot don't make it worth the time the internet spent dismantling it.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        Kate is usually funny. She was painfully unfunny in this. Gah, thanks for opening up old wounds Tim
                        Does what I can. Love ya, Boo!

Seriously, it was... just OK. Maybe because I'm not as much of a fan of the franchise as others are (don't get me wrong, I liked it fine, but didn't LOVE it, y'know?). Maybe because this go 'round I was watching this with the in-laws, who were far more into it. Especially my niece - kid's 12, she's kind of getting into her "girls kicking ass" mode, and she's all about big special effects stuff. Plus, her and her mom have been digging on Thor since they marathoned Marvel movies awhile back.

Also, my niece looks like a moody 90s English Lit major, has discovered Nirvana and Fleetwood Mac, whip-smart and knows Muy Thai and Krav Maga thanks to her dad. Kid's gonna be dangerous by the time she graduates high school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          And fuck Bill Murray.
                          Seems harsh.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Nah, fuck Bill Murray.

Comment

• Fright Night
                              Silent Hill
                              Friday the 13th IV
                              The Lost Boys
                              The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
                              Poltergeist
                              Cabin in the Woods
                              An American Werewolf in London
                              Night of the Living Dead
                              The Crazies (remake)
                              Dawn of the Dead (remake)
                              The Thing
                              The Monster Squad
                              From Dusk Till Dawn
                              Scream
                              Halloween
                              The Fog
                              My Bloody Valentine 3D
                              Halloween 3
                              The Final Girls
                              The Conjuring
                              Insidious
                              Nightmare on Elm Street 3
                              The Mist
                              The Blob
                              The Devil's Rejects
                              Dawn of the Dead (78)
                              Shaun of the Dead
                              What We Do In The Shadows - It pains me to say it, but the show has surpassed this in almost every way. It's still really funny and whatnot, but I missed all of the characters from the show.

Near Dark - Still one of my most favorite vampire flicks. Paxton rules, Lance is the shit, and HOMER.

Comment

• Near Dark fucking rules. I wanted to show it to Sarah but my bluray is boxed up.

Comment

Working...
                                X