Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We watched Frighteners a few weeks back and it still rules. Sarah didn't even know the movie existed and loved it.

Comment

• So we decided on Cabin in the Woods. This movie is still so goddamn great and totally opens up our next choice.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        So we decided on Cabin in the Woods. This movie is still so goddamn great and totally opens up our next choice.
        Still holds up really well too.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Last night's flick: An American Werewolf in London

Still so goddamn great. One of the all time bests.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• That was the film that turned me from 70's Monster Kid to hardcore horror fan. It'll always, ALWAYS, have a special spot in my heart, man.

14 year old me and my kid brother went to see it at the cinema up the street from my house. We snuck in as it was rated "R", then left halfway through because of the gore and excessive violence (David's nightmare of his family getting slaughtered by Nazi demons). Walked home. At night. With a full moon, no less.

Sometime later, it made it's way to cable, and I made myself watch it all the way through (At night. With a full moon.) along with a documentary about the making of the film and the special effects. Right then was when I was hooked and needed another horror flick. Then another. Famous Monsters gave way to Fangoria and GoreZone and many other mags. Tons of pirate videos and bootlegs. Horror conventions. And so on.

LOVE that film!

Comment

• Argento’s Phenomena.

This explains a lot about Jennifer Connelly’s appeal in 80s Japan.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Hausu/House again. Still a delight, and I am glad it's way easier to see these days so it's not just joke videos and gifs on the internet like it was 10+ years ago.

Comment

• My halloween movie project is still going strong. We've watched 1 or 2 movies a day since the 1st and all are tied into the previous movie either directly or indirectly. However, this only starts AFTER Silent Hill. That's when we decided to try to tie them all together.

The list thus far:
                  1. Fright Night
                  2. Silent Hill
                  3. Friday the 13th IV
                  4. The Lost Boys
                  5. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
                  6. Poltergeist
                  7. Cabin in the Woods
                  8. An American Werewolf in London
                  9. Night of the Living Dead
                  10. The Crazies (remake)
                  11. Dawn of the Dead (remake)
                  12. The Thing
                  13. The Monster Squad
                  14. From Dusk Till Dawn
                  15. Scream
                  16. Halloween
                  17. The Fog
                  18. My Bloody Valentine 3D
                  19. Halloween 3
                  20. The Final Girls
                  21. The Conjuring

Comment

• Nice list, Rob!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      My halloween movie project is still going strong. We've watched 1 or 2 movies a day since the 1st and all are tied into the previous movie either directly or indirectly. However, this only starts AFTER Silent Hill. That's when we decided to try to tie them all together.

The list thus far:
                      1. Fright Night
                      2. Silent Hill
                      3. Friday the 13th IV
                      4. The Lost Boys
                      5. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
                      6. Poltergeist
                      7. Cabin in the Woods
                      8. An American Werewolf in London
                      9. Night of the Living Dead
                      10. The Crazies (remake)
                      11. Dawn of the Dead (remake)
                      12. The Thing
                      13. The Monster Squad
                      14. From Dusk Till Dawn
                      15. Scream
                      16. Halloween
                      17. The Fog
                      18. My Bloody Valentine 3D
                      19. Halloween 3
                      20. The Final Girls
                      21. The Conjuring
                      Watched Insidious and NOES3 last night.

Dug Insidious much more this time around as I remember hating this movie the first time I watched it. Go figure.

NOES 3 is still so goofy and fun. Series should have ended there.

Comment

• Told Sarah how yall are doing your Halloween watch. I think we are going to use it going forward, because trying to pick a horror movie is pulling teeth with her. We both love them but its 40 minutes of "what about this?" even after I say here's 5 movies I want to watch tonight.

Comment

• It's been a bunch of fun so far. Watched some movies I haven't seen in ages and completely negates the long discussions of what to watch. At most it's like 2-3 movies we can use to pivot and then we just pick it.

Comment

• Fright Night
                            Silent Hill
                            Friday the 13th IV
                            The Lost Boys
                            The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
                            Poltergeist
                            Cabin in the Woods
                            An American Werewolf in London
                            Night of the Living Dead
                            The Crazies (remake)
                            Dawn of the Dead (remake)
                            The Thing
                            The Monster Squad
                            From Dusk Till Dawn
                            Scream
                            Halloween
                            The Fog
                            My Bloody Valentine 3D
                            Halloween 3
                            The Final Girls
                            The Conjuring
                            Insidious
                            Nightmare on Elm Street 3
                            Watched The Mist and The Blob last night. The Blob still continues to be so goddamn underrated. It's one of the best remakes not called The Thing, the SFX still completely hold up (except for the toy truck at the end) and kids being killed needs to happen much more in horror movies.

Hitting the end of the month and I am totally going to be able to hit all the movies I wanted to watch by using this method. Tonight's flick: The Devil's Rejects

yay.

Comment

• Watched DARK CITY and THE CROW the last few nights. Both still hold up amazingly well.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Still love both of those flicks. Dark City especially.

Watched Runaway this afternoon since I was bored with working. Forgot how much I enjoy this silly little Selleck vehicle. Bonus points
                                  Spoiler: spoilers 
                                for Gene Simmons dying like a bitch to those little silly spider robots.
                                Also so many people are in this that I totally forgot. Fucking the cop from The Monster Squad, the cop from Police Academy, Kirstie Alley, the kid from Flight of the Navigator, and a bunch of other little character actors.

Comment

Working...
                                X