Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill is most def worth watching once. There are some really good scenes in this and he nails the creepy atmosphere but over all it's like a C-.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      5. Texas Chainsaw Remake - I can't do the original flick. Shit bores and annoys me. Props to people who can sit through it. I can't. Remake is my definite Texas and I know that makes me a terrible person. Gore works really well, R.Lee is chewing scenery like it's going out of style, great intro/ending. Still dig it a bunch.
      Remake, eh?

I'd figure you'd be more a Part 2 man. Or is it the shouting that does you in with that one as well?
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• part 2 wouldn't work with our theme yet. I LOVE part 2 more than any of them and hope I can pivot to it at some point.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          Silent Hill is most def worth watching once. There are some really good scenes in this and he nails the creepy atmosphere but over all it's like a C-.
          The church scene at the end was worth price of admission

Comment

• yeah, the dodgy CGI is a bit rough in that scene (I actually prefer the Pyramid Head scene earlier) but it's definitely worth watching.

Comment

• So what's up next for the interweaving theme?
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• At the moment looking at either IT (scary clown from Poltergeist), The Frighteners (ghosts from Poltergeist) or Lifeforce (Tobe Hooper directed)

Our one rule was can't watch multiple sequels in one night or on subsequent nights so I can't pick TCM2 unfortunately.

Comment

• Any of those would be enjoyable I expect.

Not everybody is cut out for space vampires, but then those people don't like Steve Railsback as a protagonist.

And they're missing out on Turkey Shoot.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I had to fight for Lifeforce being on the ballot. She said it's more sci-fi and I said VAMPIRES From SPACE

Comment

• I also promised not to get too far in the weeds with my picks. No nostalgia picks unless I can actively make a case. That unfortunately leaves a bunch of 80's shitty horror out of the picture.

Comment

• that being said, I have to pick items knowing what I do want to watch down the line. It's fun haha.

Comment

• I think for next year I'll see about trying that method.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• IT's fun. Like I KNOW I want to watch Night/Dawn/Day and NOES 1 and 3 and I have to figure out how now. hahaha

Comment

• I've just been going through lesser Italian schlock and trash from the Full Moon sub I randomly bought the other day, but that sort of bracket challenge/jump to conclusions mat format does sound fun.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• This time of year I haz a sad because the wife doesn't like "scary" movies. I still watch them but it becomes this weird game of when are you working/sleeping and I'm not so that I can watch some of the movies I'd like to.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X