Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm as surprised as anyone else when I say this, given Netflix's insanely spotty track-record when it comes to their original films. And mostly negative among those.

But Project Power is awesome!

The kind of high-concept actioner that Hollywood would have made in the 90's. Could easily have seen this as a solid commercial hit had it gone the theatrical route.

It's helped by an authentically New Orleans backdrop (as a resident myself I spotted multiple areas I see on a regular basis), several well-made action sequences and headlined by Jamie Foxx in pure bad-ass movie star mode and Joseph Gordon-Levitt showing off exactly how his Batman would have been.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Interesting! PROJECT POWER didn't look remarkable at all to me. I'll check it out.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Dirty Work feels like Norm Macdonald & Co following the Sandler school of thought, by way of Billy Madison. Full of in-jokes and comic oddities, right down to a coked-out Chris Farley. Only to much greater success.

Except Sandler didn't fully fine-tune it all 'till The Wedding Singer. Where Macdonald never got that second chance.
        Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 08-15-2020, 07:38 PM.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Project Power wasn't bad but suffered from pacing issues. Long as fuck for no reason.

The Ren and Stimpy doc was pretty good. Glad they didn't gloss over how fucked up John K. is. Worth checking out if you're a fan of animation.

Shutter Island. Never seen it. Called the ending early on. Lesser Scorcese imo. I did like Mark Ruffalo a bunch though.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Dirty Work is amazing. The scene with Rickles is great as is the bar fight scene.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Bill and Ted Face The Music. It was, ok. Some laughs to be had for sure, but doesn't reach the highs of Bogus but doesn't also shit the bed. Their kids and Dennis the robot were the best. I do wish we had more scenes with them with other versions of them as those were pretty great. Looked cheap though in a lot of shots. Missed Carlin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                Bill and Ted Face The Music. It was, ok. Some laughs to be had for sure, but doesn't reach the highs of Bogus but doesn't also shit the bed. Their kids and Dennis the robot were the best. I do wish we had more scenes with them with other versions of them as those were pretty great. Looked cheap though in a lot of shots. Missed Carlin.
                Hoping to on demand that tomorrow.

Comment

• I loved it, personally. It totally feels in the same league as the first two films and, while there aren't many huge laughs in it, it's filled with a lot of stuff that'll keep a permanent grin on your face.

The ending itself is fantastic. To say it sticks the landing is an understatement.

The two daughters steal the show. They are both perfectly cast and, to be honest, I'd be totally game for a BILLIE AND THEA'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE spinoff because they're a lot of fun. The robot, Dennis, is an absolutely absurd hoot that makes all of his scenes bizarre in a really offbeat and entertaining way.

Good film. Really, really liked it.
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Yeah, I loved it too. A great end to the series. Give me a web series of Dennis and Death going on adventures.

Comment

• Was in the mood to laugh last night. Ended up watching Pineapple Express as it's been years.

Goddamn, this is probably my favorite of the Apatow produced flicks easily. Franco is on fucking point and is just fucking great in this.

From that opening with Hader to Red coming out of the burning barn, it just never fails to make me laugh.

Comment

• If you guys haven't seen You Can't Kill David Arquette you're doing yourself a disservice. It's wonderful, even if you don't care for wrestling I think you'll dig it.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The Brood

HBO Max seriously has an incredible movie selection. If you've never heard of it, 1979 Cronenberg channeling his divorce into a truly fucked up film about divorce, therapy, and evil murderous children. Oliver Reed is really great in it, as always. There's a creep in some kind of halfway house with the weirdest fucking accent. The teases of body horror really lead to something special.

Comment

• Just sucks that HBOMax doesn't do 4K or HDR

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              The Brood

HBO Max seriously has an incredible movie selection. If you've never heard of it, 1979 Cronenberg channeling his divorce into a truly fucked up film about divorce, therapy, and evil murderous children. Oliver Reed is really great in it, as always. There's a creep in some kind of halfway house with the weirdest fucking accent. The teases of body horror really lead to something special.

People sleep on this one a lot, but it's where Cronenberg became Cronenberg.

I still love Fast Company, Shivers and the others. But, The Brood was the first movie that had his stamp in every second.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                Just sucks that HBOMax doesn't do 4K or HDR
                                Once you get a steady dose of HDR and/or 4K it's really difficult to not want everything in it.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X