Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewatching BLAZING SADDLES (on Hulu) reaffirms my long held belief.

The first half is stunning. Ballsy and oh-so quotable with multiple actors fighting tooth and nail to steal the whole film.

But the moment Madelyn Kahn (who is deadly unfunny) appears, the film stops cold and collapses under its own weight into an absolute mess.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      The Gentlemen. A return to fun Guy Ritchie gangster flicks. Matty McHeyHey was pretty decent, Jax was British Jax, Colin Ferrel was fantastic as was Hugh Grant. Dug this a bunch.
      Watched this one tonight, you're spot on. Farrel was a high spot for sure. Not sure why but lost my shit and had a hard time recovering at "maybe you should invest in some parachutes...." Took me a good few minutes to get composed after that.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Good Boys

Really enjoyed this, way funnier than I expected. Superbad with younger, more loveable kids. Fucking child-proof bullshit!
        XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Underwater was pretty awesome.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Vernon, Florida.

Errol Morris has long been a favorite documentarian of many, and with good reason.

Watching this early yesterday I was taken back to when the form was a bit less refined, the story weaved by footage more apparent, and the overall direction from the documentarian at an all time high.

This was completely crafted in the editing room, but the amount of raw material must have been a treat with the eccentricities pouring from everybody he encountered in the panhandle.

Watching the supplemental material, more context was given to his loss of desire to approach his initial subject matter in a nearby town where people were involved in insurance fraud, removing their own limbs to get payouts for their claims (he was at one point beaten up by an understandably hostile interview subject).

I think this was far more interesting in how offbeat it became, and how one track minded the populace seemed in their behaviors at times. Living in Waxahachie during summertime as a kid, I was too surrounded by characters that seemed more at home in a John Waters movie or a Tennessee Williams play than in their chosen settings.

I’d often heard of this documentary and was pleased to find a strange comfort in the oddballs Morris unearthed in the early 1980s.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
              Vernon, Florida.

Errol Morris has long been a favorite documentarian of many, and with good reason.

Watching this early yesterday I was taken back to when the form was a bit less refined, the story weaved by footage more apparent, and the overall direction from the documentarian at an all time high.

This was completely crafted in the editing room, but the amount of raw material must have been a treat with the eccentricities pouring from everybody he encountered in the panhandle.

Watching the supplemental material, more context was given to his loss of desire to approach his initial subject matter in a nearby town where people were involved in insurance fraud, removing their own limbs to get payouts for their claims (he was at one point beaten up by an understandably hostile interview subject).

I think this was far more interesting in how offbeat it became, and how one track minded the populace seemed in their behaviors at times. Living in Waxahachie during summertime as a kid, I was too surrounded by characters that seemed more at home in a John Waters movie or a Tennessee Williams play than in their chosen settings.

I’d often heard of this documentary and was pleased to find a strange comfort in the oddballs Morris unearthed in the early 1980s.

Errol Morris in his Prime is America's greatest Documentarian.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• THE SPY WHO DUMPED ME (2018).

This was a lot of fun, much better than I thought it was going to be. It's a mashup of dark comedy, spy hijinks, and buddy comedy that has much better action sequences in it than expected and is pretty consistently funny for the entire runtime. Mila Kunis and Kate McKinnon are an excellent pairing and riff off of each other really quite well, with McKinnon stealing the entire movie pretty effortlessly. Sam Heughan, from tv's OUTLANDER, acquits himself well here as a pseudo 'James Bond' type character who gets involved with the two ladies.

What kinda blew me away were the action scenes. Phil clued me in as to the quality of the scenes and told me that the James Bond guys had a hand in choreographing them. It shows...they have a lot more punch than you'd expect in a film like this. There's a fantastic fight in a restaurant where Sam Heughan makes a really strong case for being the next actor to take on Bond, and there's also a really noteworthy car chase.

The wife and I really enjoyed this.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Finally watched The Man from UNCLE. Really dug it. Henry was having a blast and I want more of that character.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Color Out of Space

Really wish it wasn't Nic Cage
                    XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      Finally watched The Man from UNCLE. Really dug it. Henry was having a blast and I want more of that character.
                      Great! Love that film. Ideally we'd have had a franchise out of this as Cavill is an absolute gas as Napoleon Solo. Just fun fun fun.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Totally Matt. Cavill was so much goddamn fun in this.

Comment

• Hammer's good in it too. I like the interplay between him and Cavill, especially as the film progresses and the two become more trusting towards one another.

Also, Vikander. Her dancing behind Hammer in that one scene is hilarious.

Comment

• Maybe I should give it another shot. I tried watching it three or four times and it just didn't grab my attention.

I watched TRAIN TO BUSAN the other day and it was a really good zombie movie. Fast zombies, though, if you're a purist.

Comment

• It's bloated as hell, but I vividly remember the sequence with Cavill sitting in the cab of a truck, eating somebody else's sandwich casually as hell unfolds outside.

It was a nice reprieve from the usual stunt sequence.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The sandwich scene is marvelous. Huge laughs in the theater.

Comment

Working...
                                X