Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just watched the last ten minutes of Lawnmower Man. Hilarious, man we gave way too much of a shit about VR and gryoscopes back in the day. Plus this youtube comment about the trailer cracked me up:

"Wow Trey Parker was pretty bad in this movie but I guess noone told him its never cool to go full-retard."

Coming up next: Crank 2 at 2:45
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Started watching Jaws this morning at the halftime between vol. 5 and 6 of Y: The Last Man.

I tried to stay up to at least get to Quint's speech/rape of the chalkboard, but I conked out at around the end of the first hour.

Watched E.T. That shit was hilarious. That puppet was insanely detailed. I saw the veins in his hand pulsate at one point. Goddamn. I forgot how infectious that score was until that booming track comes in when the bike brigade is heading back to the beacon in the forest.

Oh Steve, you made some classic stuff. You crazy old bearded motherfucker.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• ET is a pretty great flick.

We watched Role Models and Milk this weekend. Role Models was pretty fucking funny actually. Seann's speech regarding KISS and how Love Gun is all about the cock was fucking hilarious. I could actually deal with McLovin in this as well. Rudd was pretty fucking awesome like usual as well.

Milk was just overall fantastical. Penn did a really great job, Brolin was aces and Franco and Hirsch were pretty sweet as well.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Glad to hear you liked Milk. Yeah, it's a biopic but it's a great and very tragic story.

As for me, I just came back from Adventureland. Quite lovely, great cast. I think it makes a nice pairing with The Wackness and perhaps even Sideways. Another great piece of work from the Apatow crew.

Comment

• I love biopics and this was no exception. Also, anything having to deal with gay rights hits close to home for me.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• You and me both pal. You and me both.

Comment

• The Lost Boys- I totally forgot that a karate kick from the dog was what caused the death by holy water bath. And, holy shit, the final fight is MATRIX REVOLUTIONS.

Comment

• YES! It totally is. Jason Patric sells it. haha

Comment

• Speaking of Milk, if you ever get the chance. You have to read The Mayor of Castro Street by Randy Shilts. It's the biography of Milk and it is facinating as hell. It also goes into the clusterfuck and aftermath that was Dan White's trial.

Comment

• Is it as uplifting as ...and the band played on?
                      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• I admit to not having read And the Band Played On (I saw the miniseries but I know what you're talking about) but it's not like that.

One of the many things that cracks me up was that Harvey was a virulent anti-communist and in fact campaigned for Goldwater in '64.

Comment

• I only saw the movie to be honest but figure the book is even more depressing than the flick. Didn't know about the anti-commie thing. Interesting.
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• So after thinking about it more, Penn was probably the weakest link in the flick. I'm not saying he wasn't good, but he was defintely outshined by Franco and Brolin.

Comment

• The guy also had a very sick sense of humor and was very high-strung. Like I said, check the book out. You can get it at any library.

Speaking of the movie, Robin Williams once wanted to play Milk. So let's be thankful that didn't happen.

When I had heard Penn was going to play him I was kind of surprised since Milk was a very tall guy. I thought he was good and it was a nice change of pace for Penn who has basically played ultra-intense guys for a long time...well that and going full retard.

Comment

• bubba hotep.
                                I saw this when it came out at the Uptown and forgot how good it was.
                                a bit slow at times, but a good flick all around.
                                epic.
                                Turd Stick.... http://www.blainegarrett.com<br />Krapp's Last 'Cast.... http://www.krappslastcast.com

Comment

Working...
                                X