Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just remember having the worst time at the midnight screening for this as it was too long, too boring, and I hated the kid subplot and actress that played Lois. Routh was never the problem and Spacey was a fun Luthor. The Air Force One scene was the best scene in the movie.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I think if they made the exact same film but without the kid, there would have been a sequel by 2009 as originally planned and announced. With or without Singer and his team behind the camera.

As beautifully as I think it was handled, it proved to be too big a crux for anyone other than Team Singer to have to deal with. It also aged the characters in a way that I think kinda shook fans who wanted them to stay eternally young. When in fact the presence of the kid is a symbol for how the world moved on after Superman vanished.

I got a hold of the script that Singer's writers did for their sequel and its funny how quite a few elements wound up in later DC films like Man of Steel and Batman v Superman.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• yeah, the Air Force One scene is the peak of the film in terms of fist pumping action that really works, and it comes too early in the movie. The third act simply goes on forever and ever.

Routh was great, though. Very charismatic. Did a great job of channeling Reeve without aping him.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I'd go as far to say Routh was the most soulful Superman ever put to film.
          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I still like what they did with Cavill and I think Routh was a bit too young. He'd be great now and I am excited to see him with the suit in the Crisis event on CW happening soon.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Yeah, big fan of Cavill as well. I hope we get more of him as Superman because they finally allowed him to play the character RIGHT in the third act of JUSTICE LEAGUE.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Cavill's done. Hence that non-cameo bit at the end of Shazam.

Like what happened after Singer walked from the Superman Returns sequel, WB is just killing time before another do-over (with Abrams? Question-mark?)
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Really? It's officially official that Cavill is done?

Comment

• I thought that's been done for awhile now?

Comment

• Officially official, no. But then again neither was Routh. Never said "He's done." Only reason they had to announce Affleck was done was the development of Reeve's The Batman and the non-stop press about his glowing disdain for the role.

Cavill just never took to the role like they were hoping he would. Warner Brothers went straight back into Batman after Man of Steel's horrific second weekend drop and they didn't give two-fucks to ask for his opinion. He went along for the ride while it lasted.
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Cavill never got enough credit for the naïveté and physicality he brought to the role with how much of the shade was given to Snyder and is still given to the dudebro Rand fanboy.

It’s a shame Warner saw fit to hit the panic button over and over with their DC lineup. I really want to go into an alternate timeline to see what a direct MoS sequel would have yielded instead of the obviously shoehorned and hamstrung results.

As much as I liked Routh’s Reeve-lite impression, it was jarring with where they saw fit to take the character in the film. Kids, abandoning his adopted planet, cucking Cyclops for cucking him, yet another fucking real estate scheme, the stakes being “hero lifts increasingly heavy objects, the fucking kid, etc.

J.J. has done fuck all to prove himself capable of doing anything besides a derivative take on previously established stories. He’s perfect for this in that regard.
                        Last edited by Captain Russ; 10-09-2019, 12:18 PM.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The Snyder hate is still so goddamn ridiculous but fanboys be fanboys.

Comment

• They literally don't know what they want until they get it... and then bitch about actually, really wanting something else.
                            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• El Camino. Really well done. Really not needed. Was bummed that they sidelined Badger and Skinny Pete after the opening for the most part. Seeing Jimmy from the Mick as this new character in this was jarring as fuck. Aaron Paul is still great and overall I'm glad I saw it but it made me miss the show.

Waxwork. Fucking great still. So silly. David Warner and Zach Galligan are hilarious. The comedy falls so flat most of the time that it adds to its charm. Effects are still decent.

Return of the Living Dead 2. Never saw this one (always a fan of the original) and it's pretty fucking bad. A few decent gore parts but almost all of the humor falls completely flat and not in a great way. Thom Matthews can't save this.

Comment

• Fricking loved AD ASTRA.

Comment

Working...
                                X