Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a bummer they brought politics in at all but ill check it out on digital when it hits.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I don't think the film is making any political statements. I think they needed bad guys who human traffic. Kind of narrows it down to a few groups honestly. And one of those groups is the cartel. There's no raging Maga moment or any "They sent their worst now they'll see my worst" type bullshit. Just bad guys who happen to be Mexican cartel.

Or maybe I'm being naive.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• DOWNTON ABBEY was excellent. The wife assured me in no uncertain terms that I'd be taking her to it and it did not disappoint. This'll get some Oscar noms and probably a few wins.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
          I don't think the film is making any political statements. I think they needed bad guys who human traffic. Kind of narrows it down to a few groups honestly. And one of those groups is the cartel. There's no raging Maga moment or any "They sent their worst now they'll see my worst" type bullshit. Just bad guys who happen to be Mexican cartel.

Or maybe I'm being naive.
          Oh sweet summer child...

...I agree. I didn't really see any overt attempts at political posturing or dick-and-flag waving.

But I wish they'd gotten a better actress to play off the old galoot. She was pretty turrible.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            DOWNTON ABBEY was excellent. The wife assured me in no uncertain terms that I'd be taking her to it and it did not disappoint. This'll get some Oscar noms and probably a few wins.

Horseshit.

It was a series finale that America dropped 30 mil on.

Shitty precedent to set.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I bet we get another one. They certainly left it open for another movie with that ending.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                I bet we get another one. They certainly left it open for another movie with that ending.

Downton Abbey: First Blood - Part II
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Far From Home in 4k. I still really enjoy this flick. Jakey G is great, his motivations are perfect (HE CALLED IT BARF!) and the action scenes are really well done. Plus it's funny.

Gotdamn did that shit look amazing. That nightmare sequence was fucking nuts looking. My new tv + apple4k = one happy camper.

Really bums me out about the state of Spidey in the MCU if only for the solid setup they did in the credits.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Can't wait for that to come out on 4K blu ray so I can finally see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                      Oh sweet summer child...

...I agree. I didn't really see any overt attempts at political posturing or dick-and-flag waving.

But I wish they'd gotten a better actress to play off the old galoot. She was pretty turrible.
                      Agreed on the youngster. They cut the budget in the wrong area there. Glad you saw the politics or lack thereof generally like I did. #TeamRuss
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Open to horror movie recommendations from the last few years we may have missed. Building up the Plex for Halloween.

Comment

• I went back through my Letterboxd list and sorted for horror. Sometimes I think they place fast and loose with genre categories. Anyway, a few more I'd recommend are THE AUTOPSY OF JANE DOE, TERRIFIED, and THE RITUAL.

Comment

• Also recommend the Headhunter. Pretty impressive small budget medieval horror.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• John Wick 2 & 3. I remember not liking the second one the first time I saw it and Lesley wanted to watch the third. Gave the second one another go and I was wrong. Dug it much more this time. However the third one not so much. I mean I dug it but those last two fights were kinda lame in how long they dragged them out. Killed momentum for me. Also wish Rafi had more to do but I dug that ending. Both looked amazing in 4k.

Comment

• I still think that part 2 is way too lopsided...the first hour is almost all plot and the second hour is non-stop action that gets repetitive and, to be frank, boring. There's also not enough variety to the action to keep things interesting.

Part 3, for me, is awesome except for the fact that the finale goes on for too long. The first 40 minutes of the film is nearly flawless with great variance between plot and action, and the action itself is well done and varied.

Comment

Working...
                                X